KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Diablo Immortal

Diablo Immortal
Started by: Nibedicus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Diablo Immortal

Diablo has been announced for mobile. Nuff said.

https://youtu.be/RtSmAwpVHsA

1.18 mil views as of this moment. 8.5k likes, 261k dislikes.

How I feel about it:

https://youtu.be/nF_Ca45JRFs

Thoughts?

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2018 06:42 PM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Diablo died with Diablo III, this is just desecrating the remains of what once was a great series.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2018 07:36 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Astner
Diablo died with Diablo III, this is just desecrating the remains of what once was a great series.
Diablo III wasn't bad, it just wasn't nearly as good.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2018 08:21 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

This has been an absolute disaster for Blizzard. They announced it in probably the worst way they could - as the big announcement closing the opening ceremony to Blizzcon. It was really stupid of them, this should have been a throw away announcement in the middle of the opening ceremony, with the big one being the Warcraft III remake which looks really cool. They really shot themselves in the foot.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2018 09:37 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Diablo III was garbage. I enjoyed Path of Exile more, and that's a freemium game.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2018 10:05 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I think D3 is in a pretty good state right now. It's come a long way.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2018 11:40 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Diablo 3 was too dumbed down for newer people.. that and playing it on the harder difficulty was still too easy.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2018 01:35 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by BackFire
This has been an absolute disaster for Blizzard. They announced it in probably the worst way they could - as the big announcement closing the opening ceremony to Blizzcon. It was really stupid of them, this should have been a throw away announcement in the middle of the opening ceremony, with the big one being the Warcraft III remake which looks really cool. They really shot themselves in the foot.

It kind of brings joy to my heart when fans freak out when a company honestly believes a mobile game would make them happy.

This reeks of somebody in Activision going, "hey, people have phones...and love Diablo...let's make one".

It's also sad that the two of the old guard of development firms have announced "mobile" like games and both were met with scorn. Valve was in the same boat when they announced that stupid card game when everybody wants a new Half-Life, Left 4 Dead, Portal or something new.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2018 02:00 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Originally posted by Kazenji
Diablo 3 was too dumbed down for newer people.. that and playing it on the harder difficulty was still too easy.

As someone who played it at the beginning (during the days of the RMAH) no way was D3 “easy”. In fact, it was one shot city all day long unless you used one of the broken builds (and even then, as I used one of the broken builds). They kinda slowly tweaked it to become way too easy following that, though.

Nonetheless, I agree that the customization of builds was wayyy too simple.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2018 02:42 AM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

^ BS at it wasn't easy

i played it on Normal when i first started playing and the game was easy for me, Knocked up to Expert and it was still too easy and i too have been playing the series since the first game.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2018 04:39 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by BackFire

It's even worse when someone among Blizzard's staff gave a very Don Mattrick reply saying "don't you have phones?" in response to all this.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Nov 4th, 2018 at 05:27 AM

Old Post Nov 4th, 2018 05:25 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Old Post Nov 4th, 2018 07:06 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

^ BS at it wasn't easy

i played it on Normal when i first started playing and the game was easy for me, Knocked up to Expert and it was still too easy and i too have been playing the series since the first game.

Did you play til Inferno it at the beginning right after launch? Cuz I guarantee you it was not easy at Inferno*. In fact the forums were full of QQ til they nerfed the difficulty a few weeks after release. In fact, it was a solid accomplishment to complete the game at Inferno difficulty pre-nerf (w/c I did a few days before the nerf hit).

Normal til before Inferno was nothing and irrelevant. I finished Normal within a few days IIRC and blew threw the rest after when I finished my Wizard build but pretty much got stuck in Inferno. It was Inferno where you got the best gear (tho itemization sucked at the time) and Inferno where difficulty really mattered. I’ve hit top 100 and a few under top 50s several times during several seasons on PC (and my friend who used to compete in local E-sports wasn’t able to beat Inferno til post nerf due to Barbs being sub-par at the time vs Wizards) so I don’t think it’s because I suck

*-I think Inferno was highest difficulty at the time, but I can’t really remember right now.

I’m on a flight right now, gonna try and do research later to see if some of the older QQ’s about Diablos difficulty at the time can still be dug up.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2018 07:35 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Meh...just not that motivated to play Diablo 3, Rather go back and play Diablo 2 where it's bit of a challenge.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2018 07:48 AM
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Meh...just not that motivated to play Diablo 3, Rather go back and play Diablo 2 where it's bit of a challenge.

I don’t disagree with you. Even when Diablo 3 was difficult the challenge was artificial (make creature hit harder and take more damage) and not fun (give them really retarded iaffixes and give them 1-2 shot power). Diablo 3 improved thru the patches (especially in itemization) and became more fun but they also slowly made it too casual-friendly and oversimplistic. The lack of personalized build customization and the cookie-cutter nature of the builds made the game lose too much of its replayability for me. It gave me many hundreds of hours of fun though but eventually I lost interest so much that I can’t even make myself log on anymore.

PoE has been a much better game for me so far (tho the problem I have with PoE is the really crappy matchmaking on consoles, since I travel a lot and hate gaming on a laptop, the console has been my go-to gaming device the past few years).

I was so looking forward for them to learn from their mistake and I was excited at the rumors of a possible new expansion or even a Diablo sequel, was hoping they would rekindle my love of the game.

Sadly, at the blizzcon announcement:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 4th, 2018 05:17 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

And now it's being reported comments & dislikes are being removed from the trailer on YouTube. What a surprise.

Also, Nibedicus, that image necessary? I think we get the idea, dude.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Nov 4th, 2018 at 09:59 PM

Old Post Nov 4th, 2018 09:50 PM
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Nemesis X
And now it's being reported comments & dislikes are being removed from the trailer on YouTube. What a surprise.

I thought it was pretty funny.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Nov 4th, 2018 10:44 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Don't get it.

Probably rape though judging from the reaction from the pic and what Activision usually does.

Anyway, it's hilarious seeing the "journalists" acting like you have to slurp up and like anything a company does. Yes, the corporations are now correct, and the consumer should just like it because they put work into it. Funny how we get to pick and choose what corps are correct though...
Good to know the corruption has ran so deep that "journalists" are basically screaming that you can't trust them at all anymore.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2018 10:54 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by One Big Mob
Don't get it.

Probably rape though judging from the reaction from the pic and what Activision usually does.

Anyway, it's hilarious seeing the "journalists" acting like you have to slurp up and like anything a company does. Yes, the corporations are now correct, and the consumer should just like it because they put work into it. Funny how we get to pick and choose what corps are correct though...
Good to know the corruption has ran so deep that "journalists" are basically screaming that you can't trust them at all anymore.

I'll be honest, I NEVER understood the Blizzard hype.

Yeah, Diablo and Starcraft are fun. A lot of games are fun. Most of them aren't hyped to the moon.

Only series I ever played that really lived up to the legend was Super Mario Bros. 1-World. And even that hasn't been the same since.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2018 11:07 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Originally posted by Nemesis X

I thought it was funny. sad

I apologize if it was offensive.

Yeah they’re purging stuff now. Shows how much they value their old fanbase w/c they know has the PC knowledge to at least double check this, read comments/news and find out that they are altering the dislike numbers (apparently the like is not being touched, just the comments and dislikes). And even then it’s not really helping the numbers at all.

Last edited by Nibedicus on Nov 5th, 2018 at 02:37 AM

Old Post Nov 5th, 2018 02:25 AM