KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Hela vs. General Zod

Hela vs. General Zod
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
h1a8

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Silent Master
Zod's uppercut feat is just as unquantifiable as Hela feats. stop being a hypocrite.
A lower bound for the feat can be found.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Nov 8th, 2018 10:12 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by h1a8
A lower bound for the feat can be found.

If you can't quantify it, it doesn't count per your standards.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2018 10:26 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

If you can't quantify it, it doesn't count per your standards.

Lower bounds are quantities
confused

Old Post Nov 9th, 2018 02:23 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Lower bounds are quantitiesconfused

Talking about lower bounds is not quantifying something. I want you to post exact numbers and show your work. Otherwise it's just you guessing.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2018 02:28 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Zod wins. No one in Marvel remotely compares to DC Kryptonians.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2018 02:43 AM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Spectre+
Restricted

Account Restricted

laughing out loud KMC: #quantify

Old Post Nov 9th, 2018 06:36 AM
The Spectre+ is currently offline Click here to Send The Spectre+ a Private Message Find more posts by The Spectre+ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by cdtm
Zod wins. No one in Marvel remotely compares to DC Kryptonians.
Far greater than these nearly extinct clowns. Superman had to be brought back as they die very easily.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2018 01:09 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Hela wins a good fight: palmed Mjolnir and crushed it, best healing factor in a superhero movie yet that I can recall, faster and far more skilled in a fight than Zod, weapon generation. Zod's only chance is spamming heat vision, but we saw his effectiveness with that in MoS.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2018 03:05 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Talking about lower bounds is not quantifying something. I want you to post exact numbers and show your work. Otherwise it's just you guessing.

Then you are trolling.
If it takes more than 1000 tons to achieve a feat then claiming that Nam exerted more than 500 tons is valid.

You must then prove that Hela can evert over 500 tons.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2018 01:51 AM
h1a8

Originally posted by John Murdoch
Hela wins a good fight: palmed Mjolnir and crushed it, best healing factor in a superhero movie yet that I can recall, faster and far more skilled in a fight than Zod, weapon generation. Zod's only chance is spamming heat vision, but we saw his effectiveness with that in MoS.

We don't know the extent of her healing outside of Asgard. She could possibly heal slower or a fixed amount of times or a combination of both.
Her crushing the outer layer of Mjolnir causing it to explode (weakening the outer layer) is indeed impressive. But it's very hard to quantify. Did that take more than 100 tons of force, more than 500 tons of force, etc? If we can get a good close lower bound then we can compare it with what Nam did.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2018 01:55 AM
Silent Master

Then you are trolling.
If it takes more than 1000 tons to achieve a feat then claiming that Nam exerted more than 500 tons is valid.

You must then prove that Hela can evert over 500 tons.

Throwing out random numbers is not quantifying a feat.

Show your work.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2018 02:59 AM
h1a8

Throwing out random numbers is not quantifying a feat.

Show your work.

I was giving an example of how to quantify by giving a lower bound.
At this point you are trolling.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2018 07:43 PM
Silent Master

I was giving an example of how to quantify by giving a lower bound.
At this point you are trolling.

You're the one that demands that things can't be used unless they're quantified and has thus far refused to quantify their feats.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2018 07:47 PM
h1a8

You're the one that demands that things can't be used unless they're quantified and has thus far refused to quantify their feats.
I stated multiple times that feats can be quantified if you can prove a lower bound for the feat. You don't have prove the exact force. For example, we don't know the exact mass of the Earth but we do know that it is more than 1 billion tons. So using 1 billion as a lower bound is valid.

If you can't give a reasonable lower bound for a feat then how can you convince someone its more impressive than another feat? It would be your opinion.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2018 08:16 PM
Silent Master

Still waiting for you to quantify the feats you've used.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2018 08:55 PM
h1a8

Still waiting for you to quantify the feats you've used.

Why? What would that do? Make you troll me more?

Old Post Nov 11th, 2018 10:46 PM
Silent Master

Why? What would that do? Make you troll me more?

Per your standards unquantifiable feats don't count, thus none of the feats you've mentioned for Zod count.

As such, Hela wins.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2018 11:01 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

The Marvel character wins.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2018 11:07 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Per your standards unquantifiable feats don't count, thus none of the feats you've mentioned for Zod count.

As such, Hela wins.

Nam’s feat is quantifiable though confused

Old Post Nov 11th, 2018 11:07 PM
h1a8

As such, Hela wins.

Zod’s feat is quantifiable though using a lower bound confused

Old Post Nov 11th, 2018 11:08 PM