KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Thanos vs. Nam-Ek

Thanos vs. Nam-Ek
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by h1a8
I'm lost.
Finally a bit of honesty.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2018 03:03 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Originally posted by quanchi112

🤣😂

Old Post Nov 8th, 2018 03:25 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Of course. Nam wins as he’s stronger and faster.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Nov 8th, 2018 08:00 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

You already conceded your mental state. Thanos wins so sayeth sane Quan.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2018 08:45 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Prove it, using only quantifiable feats. seeing as "quantifiable" is apparently your new standard for what feats count.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2018 09:59 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Silent Master
Prove it, using only quantifiable feats. seeing as "quantifiable" is apparently your new standard for what feats count.

Feats against characters count too but they must count only against the character's average.

Nam threw a locomotive at least a city block.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2018 10:10 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Feats against characters count too but they must count only against the character's average.

Nam threw a locomotive at least a city block.

Quantify it or it doesn't count per your standards.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2018 10:25 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Quantify it or it doesn't count per your standards.

We know the weight of a locomotive. Start with the strength needed just to lift it. That's enough.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2018 02:25 AM
Silent Master

We know the weight of a locomotive. Start with the strength needed just to lift it. That's enough.

Give me exact numbers and show all of your work otherwise it's just you guessing.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2018 02:29 AM
The Spectre+
Restricted

Account Restricted

laughing out loud KMC: #quantify

Old Post Nov 9th, 2018 06:24 AM
The Spectre+ is currently offline Click here to Send The Spectre+ a Private Message Find more posts by The Spectre+ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Nam-Ek's train throw is a greater strength feat than Thanos picking up the Hulk and body slamming him.

However, the OP said Nam-Ek takes the place of Hulk at the start of IW, when Thanos had the power stone. Did he use it against the Hulk? No. CAN he use it if he wanted to? Nothing in the OP states he can't.

Should make an interesting fight.

EDIT: Clarification.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2018 03:16 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Give me exact numbers and show all of your work otherwise it's just you guessing.
Again to quantify feats, all we need is a lower bound. For example, if the listed weight of a locomotive is X tons then we can give a slightly smaller number as a lower bound.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2018 01:30 AM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by John Murdoch
Nam-Ek's train throw is a greater strength feat than Thanos picking up the Hulk and body slamming him.

Well he had to overpower Hulk first before doing that.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2018 01:35 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Well he had to overpower Hulk first before doing that.

What's Hulk's average strength? Characters do not operate at their highest showings so using an average is valid.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2018 02:09 AM
Silent Master

Again to quantify feats, all we need is a lower bound. For example, if the listed weight of a locomotive is X tons then we can give a slightly smaller number as a lower bound.

I'm still waiting.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2018 03:00 AM
quanchi112
Disney

What's Hulk's average strength? Characters do not operate at their highest showings so using an average is valid.
Higher than Nam.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2018 03:38 AM
h1a8

Higher than Nam.
How do you know? How many tons would you say his average strength is?

Old Post Nov 11th, 2018 06:38 AM
Silent Master

Still waiting for the exact numbers for Nam's feats.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2018 07:51 AM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
And what strength feats put thanos on that level? Only out maneuvering the hulk. And even if thanos was going easy on cap, he still couldn't overpower him with one hand.
This is disengenuous. When Many is sent him to sleep they still couldn't get the glove off. Thanks is strong, but Namek is strong and fast close.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2018 08:28 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Showings, common sense. Nam was weak imo.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2018 01:08 PM