KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Official 2018 US Voting Discussion!

Official 2018 US Voting Discussion!
Started by: Tzeentch

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
Senate really isn't looking good for the dems right now.

the latinos in my appartment building are partying rn

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2018 02:35 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

O'Rourke back ahead in Texas by over 100k votes with about 70% of the vote in.

72% in, now. Votes are only 23k apart, now. That's an absurdly close race.

Was it predicted to be this close of a race?

Old Post Nov 7th, 2018 02:35 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

According to CNN there are currently 31 GOP house seats where the Dem is currently leading. If those hold then that would be enough for the Dems would take the house, that's a big if right now though.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2018 02:36 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Originally posted by dadudemon
72% in, now. Votes are only 23k apart, now. That's an absurdly close race.

Was it predicted to be this close of a race?

No. Cruz could still pull away, or Rourke could, depending on where the remaining votes are from. I think in polling Cruz was ahead by the high single digits.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2018 02:37 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

It was supposed to be fairly close, with Cruz obviously taking it. But now it's looking really tight.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2018 02:38 AM
RealistRacism is currently offline Click here to Send RealistRacism a Private Message Find more posts by RealistRacism Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

No. Cruz could still pull away, or Rourke could, depending on where the remaining votes are from. I think in polling Cruz was ahead by the high single digits.

Gotta say...Cruz gives me the Hillary-vibe. A slimy liar that's a massive hypocrite that will say anything to win. I hope he loses.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2018 02:38 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Looks like the GOP will probably gain 3-5 seats in the Senate.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2018 02:39 AM
dadudemon

Yeah, Cruz showing only 5k votes away from Beto.

dadudemon

Looks like the GOP will probably gain 3-5 seats in the Senate.

Gain? Politico is showing only 1 gain. Who is calling it so soon?

BackFire

Gain? Politico is showing only 1 gain. Who is calling it so soon?

Me. Florida is probably going red.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2018 02:40 AM
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

Gotta say...Cruz gives me the Hillary-vibe. A slimy liar that's a massive hypocrite that will say anything to win. I hope he loses.

Agree 100%. I'm only rooting for him because Trump could whip him into line really easily, Cruz is essentially Donald's lapdog now.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2018 02:40 AM
RealistRacism is currently offline Click here to Send RealistRacism a Private Message Find more posts by RealistRacism Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Dems now have 4 pickups in the house.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2018 02:41 AM
dadudemon

Me. Florida is probably going red.

lol, you're doing better than CBS where they are talking about women taking seats because "we need women in congress" when less than 8% of precincts are reporting on the seat in question.

That kind of gives me the creeps when they do that. It's highly suspect and manipulative but it's really not fooling most people watching.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2018 02:44 AM
BackFire

They gotta talk about something, and them saying "we don't know what's happening" isn't going to get many viewers.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2018 02:47 AM
dadudemon

They gotta talk about something, and them saying "we don't know what's happening" isn't going to get many viewers.

True. But CBS seems to favor the Dems far too obviously. It's like a Dem propaganda machine. They downplay GOP leads and wins and talk mostly about Dem leads.

I guess that's Trump's fault?

Old Post Nov 7th, 2018 02:49 AM
BackFire

I swear to god every election some pundit says "We're seeing the remaking of the American political map".

Old Post Nov 7th, 2018 02:49 AM
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lyin' Ted leading again

Old Post Nov 7th, 2018 02:50 AM
dadudemon

I swear to god every election some pundit says "We're seeing the remaking of the American political map".

It's technically true almost every time. Just very small changes, usually,

Old Post Nov 7th, 2018 02:52 AM
quanchi112
Disney

This is why I should not have been sucked into this madness. My hatred of trump drew me in.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2018 02:53 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Dems picked up a couple more GOP seats. Now only need 17.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2018 02:54 AM