KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Official 2018 US Voting Discussion!

Official 2018 US Voting Discussion!
Started by: Tzeentch

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dems at a very high chance to take it now.

Betting Odds have Dems at 91%

Old Post Nov 7th, 2018 02:55 AM
RealistRacism is currently offline Click here to Send RealistRacism a Private Message Find more posts by RealistRacism Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
This is why I should not have been sucked into this madness. My hatred of trump drew me in.

I've cooled off my anti-Trump hate lately. It got me nowhere. And he's not going anywhere. I thought he'd be impeached and we'd be discussing removal proceedings at this point in his term.

Clearly, that's not happening. He will likely win re-election in 2020 unless someone brings the heat and smacks down Trump during the general election.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2018 02:59 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Looks to me we may see that "blue wave" in the house but the opposite in the Senate, kinda bizarre, wonder if that's ever happened before.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2018 02:59 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

ROCKSTAR ROMNEY WINS THE SENATE, BOW IN FEAR, MORTALS.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2018 03:00 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by dadudemon
I've cooled off my anti-Trump hate lately. It got me nowhere. And he's not going anywhere. I thought he'd be impeached and we'd be discussing removal proceedings at this point in his term.

Clearly, that's not happening. He will likely win re-election in 2020 unless someone brings the heat and smacks down Trump during the general election.
I agree I usually do not let politics infest my emotions. I voted this is beyond my control and I am annoyed.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2018 03:01 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by BackFire
Looks to me we may see that "blue wave" in the house but the opposite in the Senate, kinda bizarre, wonder if that's ever happened before.

Honestly...I don't recall this happening before. I remember something like this almost happening around Bush Sr.'s time when I was a kid.

Let me do some googling...feels familiar but I do recall it not happening at the end of the day.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2018 03:02 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by quanchi112
I agree I usually do not let politics infest my emotions. I voted this is beyond my control and I am annoyed.

Bleh...can't do anything about it except be as influential as possible with your family and friends.

Or you could f*cking do something about it and run for office. I'd vote for you. smile

Old Post Nov 7th, 2018 03:03 AM
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

With Nancy Pelosi as Speaker, everyone will regret their decision and Republicans will own the House next time.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2018 03:04 AM
RealistRacism is currently offline Click here to Send RealistRacism a Private Message Find more posts by RealistRacism Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Dems win the governorship in Kansas, dunno if that's a surprise or not, but seems kinda surprising to me.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2018 03:04 AM
dadudemon

Found a page for it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Poli...States_Congress

Seems the situation Backfire and I are talking about has never happened before.

GOP controlled senate and Dem controlled house.

With a significant control of the senate to the GOP.

This is a weird contrast never seen before.

This is interesting hell.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2018 03:06 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Dems win the governorship in Kansas, dunno if that's a surprise or not, but seems kinda surprising to me.
The nation is very unpredictable and divided.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2018 03:06 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Headline on on Politico:

"Democrats on track to take House, GOP to hold Senate"

No, that's not accurate.

This is more accurate:

"Democrats on track to take House, GOP on track to gain more in Senate"

Old Post Nov 7th, 2018 03:08 AM
BackFire

More gains in the house for the dems. Now only need 11 more republican seats, with the entire west coast still to come. Looking very good for the dems taking the house by possibly a very significant margin.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2018 03:09 AM
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not really a blue wave though.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2018 03:10 AM
BackFire

Depends on your definition of a wave.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2018 03:11 AM
dadudemon

Showed 11 seats gained for dems on politico.

But now showing 9.

Things seem to be closer than projected so they are having to adjust numbers.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2018 03:11 AM
BackFire

538 now have a 90% chance for the dems to take the house, was like 55% an hour ago.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2018 03:12 AM
dadudemon

Depends on your definition of a wave.

A net gain of 31 house seats is definitely a blue wave and anyone denying that would have to be an idiot.

If they really do get a net gain of 31 seats, that's a solid blue wave.

Don't make me bust out statistical power tests to prove 31 blue seats is a statistically significant event.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2018 03:13 AM
dadudemon

Originally posted by RealistRacism
Not really a blue wave though.

No knock against you, dude.

It's not at 31 net gained seats, yet. 11 net gained seats is not a blue wave.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2018 03:13 AM
BackFire

CNN's forecast guy (lol) says that the dems are on pace to get anywhere between 230-238 seats in the house.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2018 03:15 AM