KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Another mass shooting

Another mass shooting
Started by: CroftAlice

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
In order to jump that drastically, 2016 had to be pretty bad. Like I said, according to the CDC, gun homicides in 2015 were 4.0 per 100,000.

So if the average for those 2 years was 4.4, 2015 was 4.0, that means 2016's rate was 4.8

That's a huge jump.

Also, there are fewer homicides when the economy is doing well. So that might explain why 2017 (and probably 2018) have fewer homicides. In fact, if I had access to the data, I am wiling to bet that almost all the homicide rate drop is directly related to the booming economy (I'd need a correlation coefficient between economic growth and homicide rates per 100,000 then I'd just use that to figure out if a similar relationship exists in 2017 as prior years). And Trump's tax policy is at least a part of the reason why the stock markets have been doing well (it was very well received on Wall Street after it passed).

Right, I didn't think were posting something that supported Trump trying to take credit...but I had my suspicions.
Agreed 1% when dealing with sample groups of that sixe is massively statistically significant at all levels. I dont disagree.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2018 03:01 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote