KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Why do you care about gender?

Why do you care about gender?
Started by: Krypton007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Krypton007

Why do you care about gender?

If someone identifies as a different gender, why is there so much backlash towards this idea? What harm is there to have someone who is a man, believe he is a woman?

Old Post Nov 8th, 2018 10:10 PM
Krypton007 is currently offline Click here to Send Krypton007 a Private Message Find more posts by Krypton007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

The primary backlash isn't against THEM believing it, it's against the insistence that OTHERS believe it.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2018 10:13 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoHateSpeech
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by darthgoober
The primary backlash isn't against THEM believing it, it's against the insistence that OTHERS believe it.

f*** off

Old Post Nov 8th, 2018 10:39 PM
NoHateSpeech is currently offline Click here to Send NoHateSpeech a Private Message Find more posts by NoHateSpeech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Krypton007
If someone identifies as a different gender, why is there so much backlash towards this idea? What harm is there to have someone who is a man, believe he is a woman?

May I ask how far you will take it?

For instance, a man left his wife because he identified as a six year old girl. Is he just being his "true self" or is he mentally ill?

I'm not making that up btw lol.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2018 10:40 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

My gender is "God", and my preferred pronouns are "His Holiness"

Old Post Nov 8th, 2018 10:52 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoHateSpeech
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
May I ask how far you will take it?

For instance, a man left his wife because he identified as a six year old girl. Is he just being his "true self" or is he mentally ill?

I'm not making that up btw lol.

and they say nazis aren't a threat anymore but people like surtur are tolerated

Old Post Nov 8th, 2018 10:54 PM
NoHateSpeech is currently offline Click here to Send NoHateSpeech a Private Message Find more posts by NoHateSpeech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by NoHateSpeech
and they say nazis aren't a threat anymore but people like surtur are tolerated

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 8th, 2018 11:00 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoHateSpeech
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
(please log in to view the image)

the text of the photo is obviously correct but posting Hitler like that should contain a trigger warning for those who may feel aggressed by his face so f*ck you

Old Post Nov 8th, 2018 11:01 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Warning: photo contains Hitler.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2018 11:03 PM
NoHateSpeech
Restricted

Account Restricted

that's better.

just saw your sig though, you quoted that white supremacist right wing extremist George Carlin, so f*ck off

Old Post Nov 8th, 2018 11:04 PM
darthgoober

that's better.

just saw your sig though, you quoted that white supremacist right wing extremist George Carlin, so f*ck off

Don't forget George Lucas, he made Darth Vader a white guy...

Old Post Nov 8th, 2018 11:06 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

that's better.

You're trying too hard. Like Pauly Shore in...every movie he's ever been in.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2018 11:07 PM
NoHateSpeech
Restricted

Account Restricted

don't tell a trans PoC zhey's trying "too hard". who the f*ck do you think you are?

Old Post Nov 8th, 2018 11:08 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

don't tell a trans PoC zhey's trying "too hard". who the f*ck do you think you are?

Surtur.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2018 11:10 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I just call everybody I meet Teddy. It's easier.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2018 11:18 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

thumb up

Particularly since this is being quickly pushed into our legal structures, linguistic structure, and cultural structure.

If it were just binary I wouldn't care too much, ascribing to a gender identity based on archetypes firmly grounded in our culture is at least a claim with a foundation to it.

But gender is being treated by a lot of these activists as something you can just decide on a whim or make up your own, in other words it seems completely arbitrary, and thus it's not something objectively defined to the extent that it would be wise to push into our legal structures or cultural expectations.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Nov 8th, 2018 11:19 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by Emperordmb
thumb up

Particularly since this is being quickly pushed into our legal structures, linguistic structure, and cultural structure.

If it were just binary I wouldn't care too much, ascribing to a gender identity based on archetypes firmly grounded in our culture is at least a claim with a foundation to it.

But gender is being treated by a lot of these activists as something you can just decide on a whim or make up your own, in other words it seems completely arbitrary, and thus it's not something objectively defined to the extent that it would be wise to push into our legal structures or cultural expectations.

I'm thinking about turning into the skid. I'll acknowledge anyone's trans status who acknowledges mine...

My gender is "God", and my preferred pronouns are "His Holiness"

Old Post Nov 8th, 2018 11:24 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

"I don't care how many years of hormone therapy, surgery and psychological counseling HE'S had, I'm going to say HIM!" -The Brave Gender Defender

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 8th, 2018 11:50 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Originally posted by Robtard
"I don't care how many years of hormone therapy, surgery and psychological counseling HE'S had, I'm going to say HIM!" -The Brave Gender Defender

That's actually a good point Robtard, well done.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2018 11:51 PM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Re: Why do you care about gender?

Originally posted by Krypton007

There is no backlash.

The only "backlash", is from Foz News and CNN, and anyone who believes everything they "report".

Most of the so called "backlash" is usually over a stupid lawsuit, brought on by administrator incompetence or ignorance.

A good example of these faux issues is the "Christmas ban" at some universities. "WAR ON CHRISTMAS", the right shouts.

Then you dig into it, and discover the university in question has been debating for ten years on how to handle a pageant in a multi-cultural school, and just couldn't come to an agreement. Muslims weigh in, Rabbi's weigh in, other non Christians weigh in, Christian leaders weigh in, and you know what they say?

"Eh, we have no problem with sharing. We should be able to work something out."

But the board and pta and such just can't come to an agreement, because they're stupid. Just sheer incompetence, that's all it is.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2018 11:59 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote