KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Do you think SJWs are a legitimate problem?

Do you think SJWs are a legitimate problem?
Started by: The Ellimist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Do you think SJWs are a legitimate problem?

Please note that the question isn't whether SJWs are a bigger problem than <insert comparative group>, whether they've ever raised good points, or what the motives of the people who complain about them are. Do you think that the "Tumblr feminist" stereotype is one that exists in non-trivial numbers/power?

Old Post Nov 9th, 2018 06:35 PM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I do when they run around in masks attacking people and being ready to murder people and then threaten families and children when they oppose someone's political and social view points.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2018 06:39 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: Do you think SJWs are a legitimate problem?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Please note that the question isn't whether SJWs are a bigger problem than <insert comparative group>, whether they've ever raised good points, or what the motives of the people who complain about them are. Do you think that the "Tumblr feminist" stereotype is one that exists in non-trivial numbers/power?

Not for the most part, some can get a bit to extreme, but these social justice warrior types helped bring along the end of Jim Crow and fed movements like women's suffrage, marriage equality, civil rights, oh my.

The term was flipped by certain types to make it a negative and make all social justice ugly and distasteful. Along with terms like *gasp* "identity politics", when everyone adheres to identity politics in some fashion; even if minor, that's just human nature. eg if some of your politics are shaped by religion, you're guilty of adhering to identity politics.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 9th, 2018 06:59 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Yes. It was "Flipped" when they started attacking people with bike
locks on chains and started acting like little PC Nazis when people simply stated they disagree'ed with them.

SJW"s should all be deported. I hear France is nice ....not as nice as it used to be but still...Better there then here.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2018 07:05 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

It was flipped when it became less about everyone being held to the same standard under the law and in people's judgment, to a person's identity being a legitimate vector to discriminate them upon, dismiss their opinions upon, and weaponize to accuse everyone who disagrees with you of being a racist sexist bigot homophobe

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Nov 9th, 2018 07:08 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Re: Re: Do you think SJWs are a legitimate problem?

Originally posted by Robtard
Not for the most part, some can get a bit to extreme, but these social justice warrior types helped bring along the end of Jim Crow and fed movements like women's suffrage, marriage equality, civil rights, oh my.

The term was flipped by certain types to make it a negative and make all social justice ugly and distasteful. Along with terms like *gasp* "identity politics", when everyone adheres to identity politics in some fashion; even if minor, that's just human nature. eg if some of your politics are shaped by religion, you're guilty of adhering to identity politics.

So take, for example:

- Yale Halloween protestors' confrontation with professor
- Evergreen protestors' confrontation with professor
- Google memo

In these three cases, would you say that the "SJW"'s reaction was:

- justified/overblown,
- an outlier

or both?

Old Post Nov 9th, 2018 07:10 PM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Can you give me a quick recap of the events?

Old Post Nov 9th, 2018 07:14 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

How about dozens of different media articles slandering non-racist people as being part of the alt-right? Is that a problem?

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post Nov 9th, 2018 07:16 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Wait, so you accept that all the Alt-Right is racist? Interesting.

To answer your question: I'd have to take it on a case-by-case basis, but in the general sense; that's wrong.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2018 07:41 PM
Flyattractor

Remember. This is coming from the Guy who has ADMITTED that he dose NOT read the info provided in links and articles presented in these debates.

So there is that.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2018 07:48 PM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Can you give me a quick recap of the events?

Well, for example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cMYfxOFBBM

I don't think anyone is going to accuse Vice Media of having a right-wing bias.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2018 07:50 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

nope i dont

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Nov 9th, 2018 08:05 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Originally posted by carthage
nope i dont

I mean they'd absolutely despise you for the ableist and transphobic language you use (e.g. with AP) sooooo

Old Post Nov 9th, 2018 08:10 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

No.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2018 08:50 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Wait, so you accept that all the Alt-Right is racist? Interesting.

Yes, that's kinda the whole point of the alt-right.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2018 09:12 PM
BackFire

Edmb, I hear you're alt-right. Thoughts?

Old Post Nov 9th, 2018 09:30 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Old Post Nov 9th, 2018 09:31 PM
snowdragon

Re: Re: Re: Do you think SJWs are a legitimate problem?

So take, for example:

- Yale Halloween protestors' confrontation with professor
- Evergreen protestors' confrontation with professor
- Google memo

In these three cases, would you say that the "SJW"'s reaction was:

- justified/overblown,
- an outlier

or both?

-Significantly overblown 10/10

-Significantly overblown (the professor in question has marched for equal rights in the past.)10/10

-Meh, it was overblown but I'll give this a 5.5/10

Old Post Nov 9th, 2018 09:32 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

I knew you were alt-right.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2018 09:38 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Well, for example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cMYfxOFBBM

I don't think anyone is going to accuse Vice Media of having a right-wing bias.

That was nonsense. Idiots largely being unreasonable.

The professor had it correctly when he noted: 'that when black people decided to leave, it made sense as "a forceful call to consciousness." But to ask white people to leave, he wrote, "is a show of force, and an act of oppression in and of itself."

Old Post Nov 9th, 2018 09:48 PM