KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Rogue One prequel series

Rogue One prequel series
Started by: Darth Thor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

Rogue One prequel series

https://tvline.com/2018/11/08/star-...eaming-service/

Based on Cassian Andor

This actually intrigues me as Rogue One is by far my favourite of the Disney Star Wars films and I really enjoyed Captain Cassians character showing the darker side of being in the Rebellion.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2018 09:25 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vitiate
Venenum - The Lord

Meh

Old Post Nov 10th, 2018 09:26 PM
Click here to Send Vitiate a Private Message Find more posts by Vitiate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheNuisanceBird
Wrecker - Scientist Class

I don't really care at this point. I'd rather they use Force users for a live action TV series.

"Dooku is not top tier,-" - Jensaarai1.

YouTube Channel With VS Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbhNQdtnbLQf80P-91V917w
IG: red_spade_25
Twitter: @AnikenJonas

Old Post Nov 10th, 2018 09:31 PM
Click here to Send TheNuisanceBird a Private Message Find more posts by TheNuisanceBird Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Hmm.

Cassian by himself didn't interest me much at all, so I don't really care about him being in this. I did enjoy K-2, though. /shrug

That said, this will be set in an era that is rich in storytelling potential... So that could potentially be a good thing. Of course I'd like to see some of the Empire's 'heavy hitters' appear(or at the very least get referenced) in this --namely Tarkin, Vader and even Thrawn-- but we'll see.

Dunno. I'm more optimistic for this than The Mandalorian, tbh.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Nov 10th, 2018 09:36 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheNuisanceBird

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Hmm.

Cassian by himself didn't interest me much at all, so I don't really care about him being in this. I did enjoy K-2, though. /shrug

That said, this will be set in an era that is rich in storytelling potential... So that could potentially be a good thing. Of course I'd like to see some of the Empire's 'heavy hitters' appear(or at the very least get referenced) in this --namely Tarkin, Vader and even Thrawn-- but we'll see.

Dunno. I'm more optimistic for this than The Mandalorian, tbh.

K2-SO in his own show I'd be fine with. That'd be hilarious.

Yeah, it could pave the way for Tarkin, Vader, and even Thrawn showing up which honestly may be likely.

At least theres that. They're gonna keep milking Vader.

YouTube Channel With VS Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbhNQdtnbLQf80P-91V917w

Old Post Nov 10th, 2018 09:53 PM
Click here to Send TheNuisanceBird a Private Message Find more posts by TheNuisanceBird Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by TheNuisanceBird
I don't really care at this point. I'd rather they use Force users for a live action TV series.

They do seem to be avoiding Jedi like the plague.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2018 10:02 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheNuisanceBird

Originally posted by Darth Thor
They do seem to be avoiding Jedi like the plague.

There was Rebels. In live action they've avoided Force users and seem to be saving them for the saga films, which well, haven't done that well.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2018 10:05 PM
TheIndyJedi

Eh

Old Post Nov 10th, 2018 11:32 PM
Click here to Send TheIndyJedi a Private Message Find more posts by TheIndyJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Much more excited for the mandalorian.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2018 03:40 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

and even Thrawn-- but we'll see.

I always thought it was calculated having Lars Mikkelsen voice Thrawn. He was great as Magnussen in Sherlock, being a character extremely similar to Thrawn. He’s great as Viktor Petrov in House of Cards too.

They left it very open to having the same voice transition into a live action role for a reason, me thinks.

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2018 03:54 AM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

No one asked for this and no one gives a single fvck about Cassian.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2018 05:46 AM
Click here to Send RealistRacism a Private Message Find more posts by RealistRacism Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheIndyJedi

Originally posted by quanchi112
Much more excited for the mandalorian.

Agreed

Old Post Nov 11th, 2018 09:34 AM
Click here to Send TheIndyJedi a Private Message Find more posts by TheIndyJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Mandalorian will be the bigger draw no doubt. Mandalorions and/or Bounty Hunters in Star Wars are the other exciting combatants aside from Jedi/Sith.

Plus with Favreau behind it, it will be good no doubt.

But Im also glad they wana try some Dark Side of the Rebellion material. Which is >>>>> anything on the Rebellion tip off they call “Resistance.” And nice to see they are giving R1 some love.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2018 11:15 AM
Darth Thor

But yeah do wish they would get on with something more Jedi like. Something like Kanan and Ezra in live action would have been nice. Not those 2 specifically, but anything along those lines. Or heck whats Vos upto post ROTS? Just not Ahsoka. Shes been used to death, and is seemingly immortal.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2018 11:19 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Selenial
I always thought it was calculated having Lars Mikkelsen voice Thrawn. He was great as Magnussen in Sherlock, being a character extremely similar to Thrawn. He's great as Viktor Petrov in House of Cards too.

They left it very open to having the same voice transition into a live action role for a reason, me thinks.
Absolutely. They couldn't have possibly picked a better VA for Thrawn. thumb up

If Sam Witwer can still voice Maul in Solo, then it would be foolish to not have Mikkelsen voice Thrawn in this show. In fact, this would actually be the perfect vehicle in which to introduce a live action Thrawn, imo. Doubt it will happen, but we can dream...

Old Post Nov 11th, 2018 03:34 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Absolutely. They couldn't have possibly picked a better VA for Thrawn. thumb up

If Sam Witwer can still voice Maul in Solo, then it would be foolish to not have Mikkelsen voice Thrawn in this show. In fact, this would actually be the perfect vehicle in which to introduce a live action Thrawn, imo. Doubt it will happen, but we can dream...

Indeed, but Maul in Solo was still acted by Ray Park, whereas Mikkelsen is able to act Thrawn as well as voice him, since he's an esteemed actor who plays the Sociopath role in basically everything. Right face shape and everything, now I think about it...

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2018 03:36 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Hadn't even considered Lars actually playing Thrawn as well. But yeah, I think he could definitely pull it off. thumb up

Old Post Nov 11th, 2018 03:43 PM