KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Why I believe the Left will eventually win

Why I believe the Left will eventually win
Started by: Flyattractor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Flyattractor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
Left will indeed win in the end.

Because of Humanitys willingness to give into the 3 said tenets that I used to open the thread.

Humanity's inherit weakness will be its own downfall.. And the Left are more then willing to led that charge towards the abyss.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2018 05:09 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Because of Humanitys willingness to give into the 3 said tenets that I used to open the thread.

Humanity's inherit weakness will be its own downfall.. And the Left are more then willing to led that charge towards the abyss.
You cry over the lefts superiority and concede the victory you beta cuck.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2018 05:12 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeviantDefiance
KurkReborn

No, he cries over the stupidity of humanity and their will to give into such an inferior mindset

Old Post Nov 11th, 2018 05:45 AM
DeviantDefiance is currently offline Click here to Send DeviantDefiance a Private Message Find more posts by DeviantDefiance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

You cry over the lefts superiority and concede the victory you beta cuck.

Funny how when you claim to win you still sound so bitter.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2018 05:51 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

Care to go in to reasons why?

Technology is going to force us to socialize.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2018 08:28 AM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

The left will all burn in Hell, along with a lot of the Right. So no, they aren’t going to win.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2018 08:32 AM
RealistRacism is currently offline Click here to Send RealistRacism a Private Message Find more posts by RealistRacism Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

I think the left will "win" in the short-term because change and diversity are built into the universe. But in the long run, everyone will lose unless balance is restored between rights and responsibilities. Imo, there is waayyy too much focus now on how *special* and *picked on* and *inherently deserving* everyone is, and not enough on our collective responsibilities toward each other (as opposed to the pre-1960s era, where peeps were locked into certain social roles, enforced by racist, sexist and anti-Semitic "norms". The pendulum needed to move; civil rights, eg, had to happen if our highfalutin phrases -- like "all men are created equal," or, "love thy neighbor" -- were to mean anything in the physical world. But given the human propensity to confuse maximum with optimum, over the decades the pendulum has swung too far).

In part, I hold unfettered capitalism responsible for this. Advertising is largely built around telling consumers how special and deserving and "uncompromising" they are. Also, throw in an unfettered internet -- a tech I feel more and more we were not ready for -- and you get a society where everyone has built and is hunkered down in self-serving belief-fortresses protected by powerful reality-distortion fields.

In a way, our situation reminds me of the Tower of Babel. As we reach for a "God" that is our own inflated sense of self, we are losing our ability to (emotionally) communicate with one another.

We need balance. Not a return to an idyllic, fictionalized 1950s, nor full-speed ahead into self-righteous snowflakiness. Balance, between Rights and Responsibilities. This is how I see it.

(Sorry for the droning-on post. Sometimes my pontification button gets stuck.)

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2018 11:28 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

The left is flooding America with Hispanics who all vote Blue, and who out-breed the natural Conservative White populace. The only possible way the Left could lose is if the Borders are closed and a large chunk of non-whites are deported.

I'm not even saying this is what I'm advocating for, nor am I trolling, this is a simple reality. If the Left lose from here, they're hopeless. Demographics are destiny, as they say.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2018 12:01 PM
RealistRacism is currently offline Click here to Send RealistRacism a Private Message Find more posts by RealistRacism Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Funny how when you claim to win you still sound so bitter.
I like to kick my enemy when they are down.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2018 01:06 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by DeviantDefiance
No, he cries over the stupidity of humanity and their will to give into such an inferior mindset
Have you met the guy? Stupidity and ignorance are his two closes friends

Old Post Nov 11th, 2018 01:07 PM
DeviantDefiance
KurkReborn

Have you met the guy? Stupidity and ignorance are his two closes friends

You can't say ignorant, he's caught up in recent events and can navigate his way to truth and not someone who can sit watching the news and believe every word of it. Being able to read between the lines is a key factor in right-wing doctrines. Even if he just sits there getting all his information from CRTV and InfoWars, he is able to see that main-stream media hasn't been giving the people a fair, two-sided story on matters. So why don't you give reasons for your statement.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2018 08:44 PM
DeviantDefiance is currently offline Click here to Send DeviantDefiance a Private Message Find more posts by DeviantDefiance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I like to kick my enemy when they are down.

Nice to see you admit to being a Horrible Person.

No wonder you vote the way you do..

*cough cough Leftist cough cough*

Old Post Nov 11th, 2018 09:01 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by DeviantDefiance
You can't say ignorant, he's caught up in recent events and can navigate his way to truth and not someone who can sit watching the news and believe every word of it. Being able to read between the lines is a key factor in right-wing doctrines. Even if he just sits there getting all his information from CRTV and InfoWars, he is able to see that main-stream media hasn't been giving the people a fair, two-sided story on matters. So why don't you give reasons for your statement.
Yes, he is quite ignorant and every time we talk about an article he admits he did not actually read it just the title. Just stop, fly. No one likes or respects your insight.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2018 10:36 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Nice to see you admit to being a Horrible Person.

No wonder you vote the way you do..

*cough cough Leftist cough cough*
Such a snowflake.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2018 10:36 PM
Flyattractor

Yes, he is quite ignorant and every time we talk about an article he admits he did not actually read it just the title. Just stop, fly. No one likes or respects your insight.

Yes. That Was Robbie that admitted to that.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2018 01:10 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Yes. That Was Robbie that admitted to that.
Hush little guy.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2018 02:35 AM
Flyattractor

Hush little guy.

Nah. The Truth is harder to silence then that....although the Left does try.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2018 02:37 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

All I read from the OP is that I'm right and you're wrong.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2018 04:56 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Mindship
I think the left will "win" in the short-term because change and diversity are built into the universe. But in the long run, everyone will lose unless balance is restored between rights and responsibilities. Imo, there is waayyy too much focus now on how *special* and *picked on* and *inherently deserving* everyone is, and not enough on our collective responsibilities toward each other (as opposed to the pre-1960s era, where peeps were locked into certain social roles, enforced by racist, sexist and anti-Semitic "norms". The pendulum needed to move; civil rights, eg, had to happen if our highfalutin phrases -- like "all men are created equal," or, "love thy neighbor" -- were to mean anything in the physical world. But given the human propensity to confuse maximum with optimum, over the decades the pendulum has swung too far).

In part, I hold unfettered capitalism responsible for this. Advertising is largely built around telling consumers how special and deserving and "uncompromising" they are. Also, throw in an unfettered internet -- a tech I feel more and more we were not ready for -- and you get a society where everyone has built and is hunkered down in self-serving belief-fortresses protected by powerful reality-distortion fields.

In a way, our situation reminds me of the Tower of Babel. As we reach for a "God" that is our own inflated sense of self, we are losing our ability to (emotionally) communicate with one another.

We need balance. Not a return to an idyllic, fictionalized 1950s, nor full-speed ahead into self-righteous snowflakiness. Balance, between Rights and Responsibilities. This is how I see it.

(Sorry for the droning-on post. Sometimes my pontification button gets stuck.)

Literally, the most sensible poster (and person) I have ever come across. I've said similar (though no nearly as poignantly) to all of this in the past.

I also agree with the egocentrism* you mentioned. With the culmination of these efforts resulting in the singularity or the birth of the hyperperfects (similar to Gattaca). It's also possible that we put a pin on the human timeline on "hyperperfects" on the way to realizing the the singularity.

*Not a mistake to use this word and talk about the singularity in the same point. It paves a certain road that I think results in the singularity.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2018 06:59 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Originally posted by dadudemon
Literally, the most sensible poster (and person) I have ever come across. I've said similar (though no nearly as poignantly) to all of this in the past.

I also agree with the egocentrism* you mentioned. With the culmination of these efforts resulting in the singularity or the birth of the hyperperfects (similar to Gattaca). It's also possible that we put a pin on the human timeline on "hyperperfects" on the way to realizing the the singularity.

*Not a mistake to use this word and talk about the singularity in the same point. It paves a certain road that I think results in the singularity.
I don't know where we're gonna be by century's end. But it will be more different from the beginning of this century than the end of the 20th differed from the start of the 20th. And everytime I see a baby or toddler, I think, They'll find out.

As a side note: I'm inclined to think the singularity won't be as ominous as many make it out to be. I've yet to hear a psychologist throw in his/her 2 cents about it, to clarify that consciousness, intelligence, and motivation are not synonymous, and that humans, eg, behave the way we do because we are genetically coded for it. It also surprises me -- in listening to Tedx vids about AI -- that many speakers seem ignorant of (and therefore suggest in their own words principles mirroring) Asimov's 3 laws of robotics.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2018 11:52 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote