KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Darth Vader vs. Lady Sif

Darth Vader vs. Lady Sif
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkSaint85

You forget the precog, the speedster reactions, the one shot kill lightsaber...

Oh and the Force Choke across the galaxy.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2018 07:34 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
You forget the precog, the speedster reactions, the one shot kill lightsaber...

Oh and the Force Choke across the galaxy.

If that's not a one off, you've got a good case. If not, a one off is a one off.

As for the other stuff, Iron Fist has speedster reactions, pre-cog, and a one shot kill Iron Fist.

My point, of course, is that I completely agree Vader crush's heralds, as I'm certain you'll agree Iron Fist crush's heralds. thumb up

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2018 07:38 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Iron Fist is not in this thread and he, same as Vader, could solo thousands of Whore Sifs.

So why you mention him again?

Old Post Nov 13th, 2018 07:40 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Iron Fist is not in this thread and he, same as Vader, could solo thousands of Whore Sifs.

So why you mention him again?

I'm mentioning him, to show many of the arguments in favor of Vader, can be applied to characters that don't get Vaders pr department. Characters many may argue lose to four members of the Bat family, without prep.

Like my response to Darksaint just now.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2018 07:43 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

When Iron Fist can one shot kill people across wide distances, without even seeing them, then sure why not.

But he can't. So nope.

Many of the arguments, sure. Not all. So not applicable.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2018 07:47 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

When Iron Fist can one shot kill people across wide distances, without even seeing them, then sure why not.

But he can't. So nope.

Many of the arguments, sure. Not all. So not applicable.

So far, the galaxy wide force choke is the ONLY thing. And that proves range, not power.

And the combatants aren't at Galaxy range (Also, took me a minute to realize you were probably talking about the famous ESB scene. smile )

As I already mentioned, Darth Vader did try choking out an armored Rancor. And he failed.

The armor stopped his choke from working.

Sif is pretty durable.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2018 07:52 PM
DarkSaint85

The ship armour didn't stop him from choking this guy...

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 13th, 2018 07:55 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

@DS85

Do you have that Rancor scan on hand, maybe?

Cd wanted to refute it.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2018 07:58 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by cdtm
So far, the galaxy wide force choke is the ONLY thing. And that proves range, not power.

And the combatants aren't at Galaxy range (Also, took me a minute to realize you were probably talking about the famous ESB scene. smile )

As I already mentioned, Darth Vader did try choking out an armored Rancor. And he failed.

The armor stopped his choke from working.

Sif is pretty durable.

Having a one shot kill power with insane range and no limits targeting is pretty....yeah lol. Imagine I made a character who could instantaneously attack someone across a huge range, no targeting (even Prof X needs to find someone first lol)..

And you rely on a low showing, lol. Considering Invisible Woman is able to stalemate Danny Rand etc....I mean, shall I play the same game?

Old Post Nov 13th, 2018 07:59 PM
cdtm

The ship armour didn't stop him from choking this guy...

I can't make it out.

But the implication wasn't that the armor blocked the force itself. It blocked the choke.

Reinforced it's throat, so Vader couldn't constrict the trachia. The mad scientist was well aware of Vader's abilities, so probably lined the things throat inside and out, like a cyborg.

And again, Sif's pretty durable.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2018 07:59 PM
cdtm

Having a one shot kill power with insane range and no limits targeting is pretty....yeah lol. Imagine I made a character who could instantaneously attack someone across a huge range, no targeting (even Prof X needs to find someone first lol)..

And you rely on a low showing, lol. Considering Invisible Woman is able to stalemate Danny Rand etc....I mean, shall I play the same game?

It's hard to rely on high feats, when no one's really referenced any. sad

I mean, I'd "like" to see this monster Vader for myself. Considering I've posted multiple scans over the years of my favorites, only for them to be ignored or lowballed, it would be nice to be on the other side for a change (I'd probably be more then fair about it, since we're not talking about Carver or Dragon Ball.)

Old Post Nov 13th, 2018 08:03 PM
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
@DS85

Do you have that Rancor scan on hand, maybe?

Cd wanted to refute it.

Something to note: the rancor was being controlled remotely:

Old Post Nov 13th, 2018 08:03 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The Rancor had a plate reinforced thorax that was able to prevent an initial force-choke attempt from Vader. We have absolutely NO idea what that "plate" was comprised of, however, nor if it could have withstood another attempt. It's also ONE showing that does not outweigh all of Vader's other showings.

However, when feats like this exist:

...I'm not even sure what argument can possibly be made for Sif. Vader could just disintegrate her with a gesture, ffs.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Nov 13th, 2018 08:08 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Or not even a gesture...

Old Post Nov 13th, 2018 08:13 PM
DarkSaint85

Remember in Empire Strikes Back, the AT-ATs were too durable to take down with the snowspeeders?

But yeah, that one showing of a single attempt from Vader, against a specially prepped drone with no details, means everything....

Old Post Nov 13th, 2018 08:25 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

And if push comes to shove, he has a ridiculous fastball as well:

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Nov 13th, 2018 08:31 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Sif's neck is protected only on the outside (if she remembers to wear her full armor... other times it's just exposed) and she doesn't benefit from the alien physiology.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2018 08:31 PM
DarkSaint85

She's Asgardian right? So a bit more durable than normal humans, but that's it. Wasn't Taskmaster soloing shit loads of them lol.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2018 08:34 PM
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Originally posted by cdtm
I'm going to make a guess Vader is considered op because:

Force storms or some equivalent.

Something to do with star fighters.

Something to do with pulling warships out of the sky.

Something something Force choke something something.

Never mind the fact Luke Cage overpowered the jaw of a kaiju MUCH larger then an armored rancor (Thing looked like a mountain to me), or that plenty of characters have planet wide ranging feats, and still aren't stomping heralds left and right..

Hell, my boy Iron Fist has a few good feats up there with Doctor Strange fighting Dormmamu. Full on soul reaping, universe ending cosmic beings getting Fisted.
your bias and overall lack of understanding are showing.

1. Casually lifting two AT-ATs is a multi ton feat. Casually stopping the movements of an AT-St is a multi ton feat. Casually ragdolling someone that could direct the fall of a star destroyer is a multi ton feat. Using tk to tank a weapon facility going nuclear is a muti ton feat.

2. He was explicitly said to be close to the level of someone that could choke people from half a galaxy away, break into alternate dimensions using only his skill, and could literally tear the very fabric of time and space itself apart.

3. Where does physical strwngth even matter? It's not like Luke or Danny or anyone else can flex their heart when it's being crushed. Even one of the most durable characters in comics (superman) has had parts of his brain successfully crushed by tk.

The fact that you try to hand wave away feats like this is really telling.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2018 08:36 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

She's Asgardian right? So a bit more durable than normal humans, but that's it. Wasn't Taskmaster soloing shit loads of them lol.

Taskmaster actually fought Fandral and Hogun and was in a good enough shape to face Steve (who quickly retreated) and Bucky afterwards.

Bullseye and Daken raped a lot of them, too.

Poor Mister X was happy with just one kill sad

Old Post Nov 13th, 2018 08:37 PM