KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Darth Vader vs. Lady Sif

Darth Vader vs. Lady Sif
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Vader actually did force-choke Xizor from half the galaxy away in Legends(Xizor was on Tatooine and Vader was near Coruscant.) He also recently hurled an AT-ST across the battlefield like it was a weightless trinket in canon.

...On top of everything else already mentioned.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Nov 13th, 2018 at 08:46 PM

Old Post Nov 13th, 2018 08:43 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Yeah, I knew you'd mention that feat.

Nothing stops Vader from using Force grip here. And Sif's only ranged attack is the sword throw --- at 0.5 km distance, Vader can easily handle it. Any Vader.

And which one we're supposed to use here? Oh, right...

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carthage
Vader is composite with Canon/Legends feats

Old Post Nov 13th, 2018 08:53 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Here comes Zop to play Devil's Advocate in favor of Sif :
A) Force choke isn't a guaranteed win. (Asgardians have been shown not needing air to survive)
B) Asgardian physiology isn't the same as a mortal beings. (Rage had some scans stating this)
C) She's a War Goddess with hundreds of years of practice.
D) She's among the stronger Asgardian females physically. (handbook says something like 35 tons minimum)

So he's not force choking or manhandling her easily (if at all) and she's definitely strong enough to destroy him when it gets up close and physical.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2018 08:54 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by zopzop
Here comes Zop to play Devil's Advocate in favor of Sif :

Good luck, you're gonna need it big grin

A) Force choke isn't a guaranteed win. (Asgardians have been shown not needing air to survive)

Any examples?

Aside from Odinforce Thor, I mean.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2018 08:55 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

So he's not force choking or manhandling her easily (if at all)
Based on?

Old Post Nov 13th, 2018 09:22 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by Galan007
Based on?

Based on the fact that she's a centuries old immortal magical brick (more or less).

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2018 09:39 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Let me ask this a different way...

What showings does she have that make you think she'd be resistant/immune to Vader's TK? Not saying you're wrong; I'm just legitimately curious if there's anything at all...

Last edited by Galan007 on Nov 13th, 2018 at 09:43 PM

Old Post Nov 13th, 2018 09:40 PM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Let me ask this a different way...

What showings does she have that make you think she'd be resistant/immune to Vader's TK?

She won't be immune to it. She can definitely resist it because of her superhuman strength, durability, and stamina.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2018 09:44 PM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

She took multiple stabbings from Thor over the centuries. I'd say her durability is up there.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2018 09:46 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Do you know how Rage.of.Olympus came to be?

He was Lady Sif once.

Then a wild Rancor ate her and shat out Rage we know today.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2018 09:46 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

She won't be immune to it. She can definitely resist it because of her superhuman strength, durability, and stamina.
So Vader might have to exert himself a little more than normal in order to kill her, is what you're saying?

I can live with that. thumb up

Old Post Nov 13th, 2018 09:49 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

So Vader might have to exert himself a little more than normal in order to kill her, is what you're saying?

I can live with that. thumb up

Gamorreans and Rancors are superhuman, too. Just saying.

Also, what's stopping Vader from using Sif's own sword against her? Or force-freezing her long enough for his lightsaber throw to do the job?

Old Post Nov 13th, 2018 09:54 PM
DarkSaint85

Or just chucking her into space.....

Old Post Nov 13th, 2018 10:22 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Or just chucking her into space.....

She has gear that let's her teleport.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2018 11:06 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus

Yes, Classic Sif had an enchanted sword that lets her teleport. Sif can also survive in space. Her BFRing Vader is a lot more likely than the opposite. Under some writers like Jurgens and Lee, she could teleport because of her innate powers.

This says Legends Vader. I’m ignorant to all of his abilities despite reading a shit load of SW comics. Apparently, the novels get really crazy.

An amalgam of that would be really beastly. As far as Vader is concerned, Sif is by far the physically strongest being he has ever encountered, durability as well, she could casually one-shot him, but force TK is formidable in legends. I remember Sidious creating planetary force storms. Sif can’t compete with that unless she has full gear like her the Norn stones she use to rock or something random.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Nov 14th, 2018 at 12:08 AM

Old Post Nov 14th, 2018 12:04 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Yes, Classic Sif had an enchanted sword that lets her teleport. Sif can also survive in space. Her BFRing Vader is a lot more likely than the opposite. Under some writers like Jurgens and Lee, she could teleport because of her innate powers.

This says Legends Vader. I’m ignorant to all of his abilities despite reading a shit load of SW comics. Apparently, the novels get really crazy.

An amalgam of that would be really beastly. As far as Vader is concerned, Sif is by far the physically strongest being he has ever encountered, durability as well, she could casually one-shot him, but force TK is formidable in legends. I remember Sidious creating planetary force storms. Sif can’t compete with that unless she has full gear like her the Norn stones she use to rock or something random.

Sif should be capable of killing a hoard of Rancors. Hell, she could probably rip apart a Star Destroyer (Forget the class 50 rating, them things are like parley: more of a guideline.)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2018 12:13 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

How do you think Sif would do against Vader's TK?

Last edited by Galan007 on Nov 14th, 2018 at 12:32 AM

Old Post Nov 14th, 2018 12:24 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

If she can teleport, he'd be cut in half before he can even try it.

Sif will make Grand Moff Tarkin's crushing defeat (Best issue ever) look like nothing.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2018 01:10 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Originally posted by cdtm
If she can teleport, he'd be cut in half before he can even try it.
How's she going to hit him faster than he can react? He has reaction feats that far outshine hers in addition to the precog.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2018 03:01 AM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Such as?

Old Post Nov 14th, 2018 03:04 AM