KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Darth Vader vs Iron Fist and Luke Cage

Darth Vader vs Iron Fist and Luke Cage
Started by: DarkSaint85

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
I don't have time to go into detail, but two points on Star Destroyer durability:

1. Asteroid field. A field threatening serious damage on a Star Destroyer doesn't sound like terribly impressive durability, for a sci-fi warship.

2. Vader's capital ship WAS felled by a suicide charge. I assume the area it hit used durasteel windows, so we're not talking adamantium here.
durasteel windows? Do you actually know anything about star wars?

Old Post Nov 14th, 2018 09:15 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by deathslash
durasteel windows? Do you actually know anything about star wars?

Transparasteel. Whatever. It ain't glass, is the point, it's armor.

I'm sure the ships are armored up with whatever's in those ATAT's too, if not better.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2018 09:19 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

But not aluminized densecris:

quote:
Vader inhaled, holding the dry and slightly bitter air for as long as his scarred lungs could manage it. When he allowed the breath to be drawn from him by the respirator, he thrust his right hand toward a nearby mirror. The aluminized densecris shattered into a thousand pieces, struck by the dark side as if by a metal fist.

Vader was aware of the "unbreakable" substance splintering and falling, tinkling onto the floor, myriad reflections sparkling in the light as they seemed to move in slow motion.

Still, it's all by the by. Vader is on his ship in orbit. It may take days,or weeks, months....he can attack at his leisure. Can IF and Luke? If not, he has a significant advantage, and can attack at any point
...3am on a Sunday, during toilet breaks, when the kids are crying, whatever.

Still not sure how this all matters, when I haven't seen a single scan or proof of their internals being durable. Their squidgy hearts. Brains. Spinal cords.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2018 09:38 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Transparasteel. Whatever. It ain't glass, is the point, it's armor.

I'm sure the ships are armored up with whatever's in those ATAT's too, if not better.
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Goku beats Unicron

Old Post Nov 14th, 2018 09:42 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by One Big Mob

Only the lame anime version. stick out tongue

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2018 09:46 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
But not aluminized densecris:

Still, it's all by the by. Vader is on his ship in orbit. It may take days,or weeks, months....he can attack at his leisure. Can IF and Luke? If not, he has a significant advantage, and can attack at any point
...3am on a Sunday, during toilet breaks, when the kids are crying, whatever.

Still not sure how this all matters, when I haven't seen a single scan or proof of their internals being durable. Their squidgy hearts. Brains. Spinal cords.

What do you call surviving a nuke? confused

I mean, is a microwave only affecting the surface skin of a potatoe?

That affects you inside and out. Ground zero, the super heated gas and radiation would bake him like a nuked potatoe.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2018 09:48 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by One Big Mob

thumb up

Old Post Nov 14th, 2018 09:49 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

What do you call surviving a nuke? confused

I mean, is a microwave only affecting the surface skin of a potatoe?

That affects you inside and out. Ground zero, the super heated gas and radiation would bake him like a nuked potatoe.

So... Diamondback outputs more energy than a nuke when he snaps his back?

Hiroim?

Shang?

And I'm not even going into low showings.

And its not really answering the thread. If you keep Vader in orbit, then he just heals, then Vader snaps again. Heals. Snap. Heal. Snap.

Problem is, Vader is doing it effortlessly. Danny isn't. And has no way to retaliate.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2018 09:59 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
So... Diamondback outputs more energy than a nuke when he snaps his back?

Hiroim?

Shang?

And I'm not even going into low showings.

And its not really answering the thread. If you keep Vader in orbit, then he just heals, then Vader snaps again. Heals. Snap. Heal. Snap.

Problem is, Vader is doing it effortlessly. Danny isn't. And has no way to retaliate.

Your point on Danny's durability works both ways, though.

That super glass is called "indestructible".

So is a battarang. Countdown had Dick telling Bat Woman this.

Does that make them indestructible, in the same way Cap's shield is?

I'll address more when I get the chance, but am interested in if part of the argument for Vader's maximum grip damage ability is based off a word, or if that glass has other things going for it.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2018 10:40 PM
DarkSaint85

Your point on Danny's durability works both ways, though.

That super glass is called "indestructible".

So is a battarang. Countdown had Dick telling Bat Woman this.

Does that make them indestructible, in the same way Cap's shield is?

I'll address more when I get the chance, but am interested in if part of the argument for Vader's maximum grip damage ability is based off a word, or if that glass has other things going for it.

It's in part. Nothing is unbreakable, right? Hell, the book even has the word in quotes.

My point is, Vader has more than one showing of crushing/breaking hard items with the Force. Sometimes on a large scale, as seen with the TiE fighter, and at speed.

But you're throwing a red herring out. Vader is safe and sound on his ship in orbit. IF and Cage are in Harlem. Vader has showings of long range attacks, sometimes without line of sight. The heroes do not.

You're clinging to a single showing, with an unspecified material, a single attack on a rancor (i.e. no follow ups, no concentrated effort), as your entire basis.

NO SINGLE SHOWINGS, lol. A rule I believe you instigated.

Danny has healing feats, sure. But if his entire shtick is to serve as a punching bag whilst Cage cries in impotent rage at the sky, it's kinda shitty for the whole 'IF should be considered herald level', lol.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2018 10:51 PM
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

Vader wins.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2018 08:17 PM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote