KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Beast vs Punisher - H2H

Beast vs Punisher - H2H
Started by: Damborgson

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
Right, you read comics. laughing

Concession accepted.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Nov 15th, 2018 06:35 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by carver9
Concession accepted.

And it appears, a master of logic, and reading comprehension.

If you don't know why I brought up Matt, you couldn't have read very much Punisher.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2018 06:38 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Deadline
What version of The Beast are we talking? There are three.

EDIT: Maybe four.

More.

You've really lost your touch...

Old Post Nov 15th, 2018 06:39 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
More.

You've really lost your touch...

Well I've read a lot of comics but I got big gaps in my reading history.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2018 06:47 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Well I've read a lot of comics but I got big gaps in my reading history.

In the end, it doesn't matter.

Frank took shots from bloodlusted Spider-Man, his speed impressed Wolverine, he's familiar with pressure point strikes that Beast is vulnerable to, he goes toe to toe with f*cking Daredevil - who raped Beast in one panel...

When we just compare the powersets (Frank - peak human, Beast - enhanced), it seems like Hank can win comfortably.

But he can't. His battle showings only look good if we focus on the fights with fodder.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2018 07:43 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

I think Beast might actually take this one. I know Frank is skilled, but the primary way he's able to hang with really skilled fighters like DD is with his damage soak. Beast has super strength and speed/agility so he won't be able to take hit after hit the way he can with street level guys and he'll have some difficulty landing shots of his own. I see it kinda the way Rocky got his ass whupped by Clubber the first time around. Basically just a bad match up for Frank in regards to typical fighting styles when it comes to a forum fight.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2018 07:54 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

So you're ignoring Frank taking punches from much stronger guys?

Beast can win only if you look at handbook stats.

In comics, naked Frank would assrape a dozen Beasts and three Silver Surfers.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2018 08:00 PM
darthgoober

I don't doubt that he's taken punches from stronger guys, that kind of thing happens all the time in comics. Hell I'm pretty sure Hank himself has taken shots from the Juggernaut and gotten back up afterwards... doesn't mean he can't be KO'd by someone weaker. Franks going h2h up against someone who's stronger, faster, with a healing factor here. I just think it's a bad matchup for him in a rock/paper/scissors kinda way.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2018 08:06 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by darthgoober
I don't doubt that he's taken punches from stronger guys, that kind of thing happens all the time in comics.

But Frank excels at this stuff. It's his hidden superpower.

(it really is, check out his comics)

Hell I'm pretty sure Hank himself has taken shots from the Juggernaut and gotten back up afterwards... doesn't mean he can't be KO'd by someone weaker. Franks going h2h up against someone who's stronger, faster, with a healing factor here. I just think it's a bad matchup for him in a rock/paper/scissors kinda way.

His "healing factor" (if we dare call it that) won't help him on the battlefield; it's shitty af. It just means he might survive getting assraped, in the hospital, long after the fight has ended. His original grey form is not discussed here.

Faster? What feats suggest that? Getting tagged by everyone from handicapped thugs to peak humans?

Old Post Nov 15th, 2018 08:11 PM
carver9

Beast did extremely well against both Wolverine (who complimented Beast speed) AND Sabertooth. He outright stomped Spiral who is leagues above Punisher and she also had weapons. A serious Beast would rape Punisher.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Nov 15th, 2018 08:20 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

But Frank excels at this stuff. It's his hidden superpower.

(it really is, check out his comics)

I know he's got a good chin, but it's not like it's impossible for people without super human strength to KO him either. Do you think it would be impossible for Captain America or even Daredevil to KO him? Because Beast is stronger than both of them.

His "healing factor" (if we dare call it that) won't help him on the battlefield; it's shitty af. It just means he might survive getting assraped, in the hospital, long after the fight has ended. His original grey form is not discussed here.

Faster? What feats suggest that? Getting tagged by everyone from handicapped thugs to peak humans?

I'm well aware than his healing factor isn't on par with guys like Wolverine, but that doesn't mean it's totally inconsequential in a fight.

Flash gets tagged all the time too, such is the nature of comics. Beast also dances around folks on occasion, and he does it using super/enhanced speed/agility. Something tells me that he's got better showings of superballing around opponents than Frank does, thus I believe he's got superior speed.

Last edited by darthgoober on Nov 15th, 2018 at 08:25 PM

Old Post Nov 15th, 2018 08:23 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Beast did extremely well against both Wolverine (who complimented Beast speed) AND Sabertooth. He outright stomped Spiral who is leagues above Punisher and she also had weapons. A serious Beast would rape Punisher.

You need to read more Wolverine.

The only time Beast did good was when he went feral and Wolverine was devolved to his kid state --- and guess how it went? A single stab made Beast flee and Logan regenerated with ease.

That's not my words. That's Wolverine's words and Beast didn't question them.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2018 08:28 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

AND Sabertooth.

No.

In the Red Zone, Creed was already taxed from fighting other guys and he still beat Hank.

In Wolverine & The X-Men, he nearly killed Hank.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2018 08:29 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

He outright stomped Spiral who is leagues above Punisher and she also had weapons.

Gonna give you that one. As I don't remember how it went.

Still, it's just a single showing. Outlier.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2018 08:29 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I know he's got a good chin, but it's not like it's impossible for people without super human strength to KO him either. Do you think it would be impossible for Captain America or even Daredevil to KO him? Because Beast is stronger than both of them.

It's possible, sure.

But has Hank proved he can do that? I'm being serious here. Has he? He always finds a new way to get dominated, if he doesn't bring his super-science toys.

I'm well aware than his healing factor isn't on par with guys like Wolverine, but that doesn't mean it's totally inconsequential in a fight.

That's exactly what it means.

Why?

Because it's not battlefield-effective. He'll heal nicely long after the fight has ended. That's it.

During the fight? It means shit. And if you want to get technical, it's only 1/2 or 1/3 of normal human's recovery rate. According to Hank's own words. So shitty af.

You can prove me wrong, of course.

Flash gets tagged all the time too, such is the nature of comics. Beast also dances around folks on occasion, and he does it using super/enhanced speed/agility. Something tells me that he's got better showings of superballing around opponents than Frank does, thus I believe he's got superior speed.

Frank connects multiple times when fighting a guy with super-senses and an extra radar sense mimicking echolocation. Who also happens to be a crazy skilled ninja.

Beast's speed is mostly about harmlessly bouncing off superior opponents. Wouldn't be surprised if he bounced off such way against Frank's kevlar.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2018 08:36 PM
CosmicComet

Didn't Beast have an amp when he made Spiral retreat?

Old Post Nov 15th, 2018 08:37 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by CosmicComet
Didn't Beast have an amp when he made Spiral retreat?

His X-Factor massive strength upgrade, you mean?

Old Post Nov 15th, 2018 08:39 PM
Deadline

I think Beast might actually take this one. I know Frank is skilled, but the primary way he's able to hang with really skilled fighters like DD is with his damage soak.

Depends on the fight there are fighst were he gets a lot of hits in.

Beast has super strength and speed/agility so he won't be able to take hit after hit the way he can with street level guys and he'll have some difficulty landing shots of his own. I see it kinda the way Rocky got his ass whupped by Clubber the first time around. Basically just a bad match up for Frank in regards to typical fighting styles when it comes to a forum fight.

Yea but he's not as skilled as DD and he isn't as hard to hit as DD. Yea I know DD doesn't actually have superhuman speed or agility but I would say that his radar sense and training make him harder to hit than Cap. When it comes to pure dodging he's almost as agile as Spiderman.

Frank has good showings against Deadpool and Alyosha Kravinoff who has superhuman speed and strength and martial art training. I would say Alyosha Kravinoff looks more dangerous than Beast and has beaten Black Panther in h2h.

Last edited by Deadline on Nov 15th, 2018 at 08:43 PM

Old Post Nov 15th, 2018 08:41 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

It's possible, sure.

But has Hank proved he can do that? I'm being serious here. Has he? He always finds a new way to get dominated, if he doesn't bring his super-science toys.

He's knocked around a Ghost Rider(though GR was being controlled by the brood), thrown cars, done "ground pounds", and unless I'm remembering what I heard wrong was effective against Danger, so something tells me that it's totally possible for him to KO Frank. And you've got to remember, Beast actually seems to PREFER to throw kicks instead of punches, and kicks are obviously stronger so Frank would be taking shots that did more damage than he would against someone else in Beast's class who's primarily a puncher.

That's exactly what it means.

Why?

Because it's not battlefield-effective. He'll heal nicely long after the fight has ended. That's it.

During the fight? It means shit. And if you want to get technical, it's only 1/2 or 1/3 of normal human's recovery rate. According to Hank's own words. So shitty af.

You can prove me wrong, of course.

It was 3x humans during his "ape' phase, honestly not sure how much that got enhanced when he got upgraded. And even if we were to assume that it's only 3x, it would still make a difference in a drawn out fight because it would mean that minor hits wouldn't stack up on him the way they do would Frank. Any edge, is an edge.

Frank connects multiple times when fighting a guy with super-senses and an extra radar sense mimicking echolocation. Who also happens to be a crazy skilled ninja.

Beast's speed is mostly about harmlessly bouncing off superior opponents. Wouldn't be surprised if he bounced off such way against Frank's kevlar.

Spiderman is notorious for having difficulty issues with damn near anyone who knows any kinds of MA, and unless I'm mistaken Frank's normally keeping him off balance with guns and such(which he doesn't have here). And I'm having a hard time remembering their fights, but when it actually comes down to h2h Daredevil forgoes his ultra evasive fighting style where he's constantly bouncing around and instead fights him like they're standing toe to toe in an octagon. And even then, I believe Matt lands a fair amount more hits which is why people say that Frank hangs in mostly because of his crazy damage soak. Beast on the other hand, almost always jumps around even 1 on 1 against regular humans. And if he's landing a fair amount more hits it's going to add up quicker than it does for Matt because Beast is stronger.

Last edited by darthgoober on Nov 15th, 2018 at 09:03 PM

Old Post Nov 15th, 2018 08:59 PM
darthgoober

Depends on the fight there are fighst were he gets a lot of hits in.

Yea but he's not as skilled as DD and he isn't as hard to hit as DD. Yea I know DD doesn't actually have superhuman speed or agility but I would say that his radar sense and training make him harder to hit than Cap. When it comes to pure dodging he's almost as agile as Spiderman.

Frank has good showings against Deadpool and Alyosha Kravinoff who has superhuman speed and strength and martial art training. I would say Alyosha Kravinoff looks more dangerous than Beast and has beaten Black Panther in h2h.

You're insane if you think DD hit's harder than Cap.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2018 09:01 PM