KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » What if Eonwe replaced Gandalf in the LOTR story?

What if Eonwe replaced Gandalf in the LOTR story?
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
And no, Eonwe never fought Morgoth.
You right. They were going to fight in the unfinished Dagor Dagorath though, IIRC.

Lol, would've been hilarious watching the OG Fellowship of the Ring try to get involved in this conflict and get no-diffed. (Although Legolas probably would've done okay, due to being Mr. Perfect.)

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jun 14th, 2020 11:51 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jmanghan
I hate myself so much, lol.

This thread is so bad and makes me look extremely misinformed, sorry ya'll.

Lol at least you can admit it now.

Also wasn’t Tulkas the greatest warrior? Or maybe he was just described as the strongest. I don’t remember what the books says exactly. However, power and strength/ability as a warrior are very different things in Tolkein’s books. Which is why Tulkas was able to defeat Morgoth, a far more powerful Valar.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2020 04:54 PM
xPRIMEx is currently offline Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Tulkas was the greatest fist-fighter, he beat the shit out of Morgoth with his bare hands.

Eonwe was stated to be the best with weapons, so already that puts him wayyy up there above people like Feanor solely because of that statement alone, Feanor has way more feats and SHOULD theoretically win, but because of that statement alone in a fair fight you literally cannot bet on him to win since Eonwe was already outright stated to be "better" then him and also "better" then literally anyone in the Tolkien-verse that only uses weapons to fight.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Aug 30th, 2020 03:13 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

Nice yeah it would be pretty cool to see him on screen. I’d also love to see Morgoth in a movie eventually

Old Post Aug 30th, 2020 05:18 PM
xPRIMEx is currently offline Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

Eönwë would have been most likely primarily a warrior and interacted very little with the common folk of Middle-Earth, I think he might overall not have been a good choice since Gandalf was the reason why Frodo went to destroy the Ring and everything, assuming Eönwë had the same restrictions on his power like the Istari did he probably would never have thought about the Hobbits and just tried to take on Sauron with his forces and most likely would have failed.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Nov 5th, 2021 07:19 AM
The Merchant is currently offline Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote