KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Problem I have with Anakin=Sidious/Yoda

Problem I have with Anakin=Sidious/Yoda
Started by: xPRIMEx

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CuckedCurry

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RealistRacism
Saying Dooku is not in ragdoll territory for Yoda, something that's obviously true, is harming him? You're dumb thumb up

You harm Dooku and you know it my child :sadface:

Old Post Nov 17th, 2018 07:49 AM
Click here to Send CuckedCurry a Private Message Find more posts by CuckedCurry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

NewGuy01 is online now!

Originally posted by Sinious
Why are you people acting like Yoda just said that Kenobi would fare better against Anakin and then left the reasons ambigious?

That Obi-Wan was not powerful enough to defeat Palpatine is what Yoda said, and that's undisputed, Sin. The point is that he shouldn't have been powerful enough to defeat Anakin, either--a well documented fact--but he managed because of the relationship he had with him, and because Anakin wasn't a legitimate master yet. By that I mean that, while his abilities were comparable to Palpatine's physically speaking, he was still emotionally undisciplined, which is what ultimately lost him the fight.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2018 08:07 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Originally posted by quanchi112
Anakin was not winning it was a stalemate. Anakin lost. Let that sink in. He made a laughable mistake Kenobi begged him prior to not make. Vader was so emotionally stupid he went for it. Good for Kenobi.

nah. look at obi wans face, he was at the end of his rope and didn't know which way to jump, his move to the high ground was a last ditch effort just to put some space between he and anakin; until anakin made that stupid jump he had obi against the wall so to speak

Old Post Nov 17th, 2018 12:49 PM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
I am inevitable

Originally posted by relentless1
nah. look at obi wans face, he was at the end of his rope and didn't know which way to jump, his move to the high ground was a last ditch effort just to put some space between he and anakin; until anakin made that stupid jump he had obi against the wall so to speak
Your conjecture is not proof just your opinion. They fought for what seemed like forever in terms of film duels. Anakin did nothing to even significantly wound Kenobi in all that time. Kenobi used his awareness to grab the higher ground and won over a more powerful and more skilled opponent. Good on you Kenobi. Vader tried and laughable failed into a rage scream while he burned.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2018 03:05 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by quanchi112
I never learned how. Maybe next year I will learn the intricacies. Wait did I just quote you? Hmmm, wonder how that happened.

I wrote this because people may not know who are you writing to. That's why you have the QUOTE method. I didn't want to say you are a fool.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Nov 17th, 2018 03:22 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
I am inevitable

Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
I wrote this because people may not know who are you writing to. That's why you have the QUOTE method. I didn't want to say you are a fool.
D. Thor knows it is to him. He has yet to respond to me most likely hiding under his covers in hopes this will just go away.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2018 03:32 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

RealistRacism, you, and me.
Darth Thor finds himself in a very dangerous position.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Nov 17th, 2018 03:51 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zigg
Restricted

Account Restricted

The duo are consistently as powerful as peak Anakin and would undermine his combative efforts, Stover's metaphors and Gillard's interjections aside.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2018 03:54 PM
Click here to Send Zigg a Private Message Find more posts by Zigg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
RealistRacism, you, and me.
Darth Thor finds himself in a very dangerous position.

Huh?

Old Post Nov 17th, 2018 03:54 PM
Click here to Send RealistRacism a Private Message Find more posts by RealistRacism Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by RealistRacism
Huh?

We all three are arguing with him and make more or less the same points.

quote:
"To be united by hatred - is a fragile alliance at best."

Old Post Nov 17th, 2018 03:58 PM
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Originally posted by NewGuy01
That Obi-Wan was not powerful enough to defeat Palpatine is what Yoda said, and that's undisputed, Sin. The point is that he shouldn't have been powerful enough to defeat Anakin, either--a well documented fact--but he managed because of the relationship he had with him, and because Anakin wasn't a legitimate master yet. By that I mean that, while his abilities were comparable to Palpatine's physically speaking, he was still emotionally undisciplined, which is what ultimately lost him the fight.
I understand that those are the reasons why Anakin lost to Kenobi. However, I have a problem with people suggesting that Yoda was referring to those specific factors that ended up helping Kenobi, where it seems clear to me that Yoda was referring to a disparity between Palpatine and Anakin in power. They could both be superior to Kenobi but Palpatine more so.

The idea of Yoda mentioning combat power to differentiate Anakin and Palpatine where the thing(s) that separates Anakin and Sidious is anything but power seems bizarre to me. This is of course me assuming Yoda never mentions that Anakin would likely be messed up at that point and his combative power would be hindered by this. But honestly, even if Yoda did show awareness about Anakin’s situation, one could argue that the fact that yoda still chose to mention power instead of those things would suggest that the disparity between Palpatine and Kenobi is indeed bigger than the disparity between Anakin and Kenobi.

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Nov 17th, 2018 05:04 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordOfTheLight

Obviously

Old Post Nov 17th, 2018 05:18 PM
Click here to Send LordOfTheLight a Private Message Find more posts by LordOfTheLight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gold slorg
Yun-Yuuzhan

kf vader is > rots palpatine definitely

but kf vader also dies to rots palpatine in 1v1

kf vader is also more intelligent than palpatine but palpatine still manipulates him like a cuck

just accept that star wars is complicated

Old Post Nov 17th, 2018 05:18 PM
Click here to Send gold slorg a Private Message Find more posts by gold slorg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

That happens when you let Lucas to direct Star Wars.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2018 05:54 PM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Originally posted by gold slorg
kf vader is also more intelligent than palpatine

Is that so? Because of his mechanical skills? Anakin is clearly very intelligent whenever emotions and people aren't involved, but whether he's smarter than Palpatine is debatable.

Luke Skywalker. A simple farmboy – became powerful. Now... beyond powerful.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2018 08:34 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Darth Thor is online now!

Will reply to everyone later. Dont have time right now...

Except maybe Quan Depending on if he made any points worth addressing.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2018 08:40 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sas
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Sinious
I understand that those are the reasons why Anakin lost to Kenobi. However, I have a problem with people suggesting that Yoda was referring to those specific factors that ended up helping Kenobi, where it seems clear to me that Yoda was referring to a disparity between Palpatine and Anakin in power. They could both be superior to Kenobi but Palpatine more so.

The idea of Yoda mentioning combat power to differentiate Anakin and Palpatine where the thing(s) that separates Anakin and Sidious is anything but power seems bizarre to me. This is of course me assuming Yoda never mentions that Anakin would likely be messed up at that point and his combative power would be hindered by this. But honestly, even if Yoda did show awareness about Anakin’s situation, one could argue that the fact that yoda still chose to mention power instead of those things would suggest that the disparity between Palpatine and Kenobi is indeed bigger than the disparity between Anakin and Kenobi.

It's not difficult to reconcile at all. Gillard himself (hallowed by His name) explains that Anakin lost to Obi Wan despite being the most powerful Jedi ever. Yoda could be saying the same thing as: "you aren't smart enough to get into Harvard. But your dad is an MIT legacy, so you might have a chance there", except he isn't going to carefully elaborate on the obvious in that situation just to have perfect semantical clarity.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2018 08:43 PM
Click here to Send Sas a Private Message Find more posts by Sas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

NewGuy01 is online now!

Nice post. I think I'll formally accept you as my shadow. laughing

Last edited by NewGuy01 on Nov 17th, 2018 at 08:59 PM

Old Post Nov 17th, 2018 08:53 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Terrible post, actually.

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Nov 17th, 2018 08:56 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Nice post. I think I'll formally accept you as my shadow. laughing

thank you

Luke Skywalker. A simple farmboy – became powerful. Now... beyond powerful.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2018 02:41 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote