KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Problem I have with Anakin=Sidious/Yoda

Problem I have with Anakin=Sidious/Yoda
Started by: xPRIMEx

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
I take it you don't realise that Separatists are not inherently evil.
Who said you have to be inherently evil in order to kill someone who is trying to kill you. What planet are you from? Yoda killed clones were who just doing their duty in rots. Think your silly excuses through because your positions make no sense realistically or within character in the films for yoda.

quote:

Dooku also gave them a chance to surrender. None of this automatically makes Dooku a Sith.
[/B]QUOTE]IT DOES MATTER WHETHER HE IS A SITH OR A LOLLIPOP KID. He tries to kill yoda and his allies. That tells you enough. You do not need to watch an autobiography to realize you have to defend yourself and kill this guy.

[QUOTE]
The situation had to be assessed, before just murdering his former padawan and former highly respected Jedi lol.
[/B]
No, it did not. He had enough info when the guy tried killing both himself and his fellow Jedi. You act like yoda is some overly emotional pansy. Just 🛑. Your responses reek of a fundamental inability to comprehend the characters and basic self preservation that does not require knowing the guy who is trying to kill yous life story.

quote:

Actually it was Dooku who drew his lightsaber first. It was Dooku who kept attacking Yoda with the Force, Yoda was just there to defend himself, his fellow Jedi and to CAPTURE Dooku, to assess what the heck is going on with his former Padawan.

The dialogue makes that clear.
[/B]
So that only furthers my point. Yoda is well within his right to defend himself. Dookus actions make Yodas response easy. You could have a total stranger show up and draw on yoda and he would defend himself.

Sidious also attacked yoda first that does not mean yoda was not there to kill him. Your points are not proof of anything just more conjecture you mistakenly think prove something.

Someone tries to kill you you will defend yourself and kill them in self defense. Dookus actions make his intent pretty clear. No amount of your own buffoonery makes other posters suddenly catch your retard virus.

quote:

Yeah I don't compare Master Yoda to Padawan Luke attacking Vader in a fit of rage LMAO

[/B]
That is an example of a Jedi defending the safety of someone other than himself despite not wanting to engage his father.
Your own exampleblew up in your face. Yoda alsonever trued fleeing from combat like Luke so why bring it up? Think.

quote:

Kenobi was given time to assess and accept the situation, but still begged Yoda not to make him kill Anakin, and still attempted to reason with Anakin first.
[/B]
None of that matters since both Dooku and Vader tried to kill yoda and Kenobi. Both will defend themselves and kill their opponents if they must. They will not relish in it but they do what must be done. You never focus on the pertinent info.

laughing out loud

quote:

Which obligation? The obligation to the republic, the obligation to Anakin and Obi-Wan, or the obligation to his former padawan?

There were multiple responsibilities there for Yoda. It's not for you to decide that trying to fulfil all 3 of them makes him an emotional wreck.
[/B]

To the republic and his fellow Jedi. He has no obligation to a former padawan who is trying to kill him. What the hell are you even talking about? Kenobi cleaved limbs off his firmer apprentice because he went rogue and tried to kill him what makes you think yoda does not have the stomach for that? What the hell are you watching?

quote:

Actually Yoda was the first to draw his Lightsaber against Sidious, unlike the Dooku vs Yoda fight.

Yoda force slammed Sidious as his first move, unlike against Dooku.

It's clear from both fights and from the story that Yoda went all out to Murder Palpatine, whereas against Dooku he was merely trying to bide time to prevent him from escaping.

[/B]
Both dooku and Sidious attacked first. Yoda makes his intentions clear by donning his lightsaber in both situations. You think he is playing paddy cake with dooku is your own silly retard logic. When he dons both he means business. Both tried to kill him.

Sidious left his defenses down in arrogance dooku was much more wary. Seriously what are you thinking? Your inability to understand why what is happening is occurring is fascinating.

So you think yoda donned his saber to bide time against dooku. laughing out loud

His intentions were clear. Dooku escaled due to yoda having to save his pals nothing more. Your points make zero sense and often end up doing further damage to your position.

quote:

Its about time you admitted not only your sexual preferences but what motivates all of your trolling. Corporate fandom, and not any actual sense of reasoning.

[/B][QUOTE]You get so angry over Disney I enjoy your emotions. I criticize Disney over Gunns firing, the Solo film, etc. You are not bright and instead try to pretend I love everything Disney when in the end that is not true.

Hell, I am going to see Aquaman not Mary poppins the day of the release. I love Disney more than any other company because they have given me some of the best films of my life but I do not blindly love everything just because of its affiliation with Disney.

[QUOTE]

OR maybe Palpatine is just that much more powerful.

[/B]
Nah. Since we see yoda was his equal in the force. Dooku was vulnerable and not expecting it hence why he fell victim. The sane reasoning why Sidious was hit by a force push and dooku was not. Sidious was arrogant and left himself wide open for a force push from yoda whereas Dooku was on his guard against him.

You do not grasp Star Wars abd the hilarious thing is these are kids films an adult man cannot process.

quote:

LMAO

You've already been called out on your insecurities today. We both know who the shorty is here. And who the fatty is sitting there eating donuts all day tossing off to Mickey Mouse. [/B]

Ok tell you what. Lets both post pics of ourselves on the movie vs. and we can let others judge who is fat and out of shape and who is not. I am not joking. Lets see but I predict you will want no part of posting your out of shape ass against me in my Thanos t shirt.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2018 11:29 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Oh geez, the Clone Troopers betrayed them and were executing all Jedi.

Sidious attacked first, AFTER Yoda took out his guards first! They both knew Yoda was there to kill him. And still you can see the difference he attacks Sidious straight back and pulls his Lightsaber out on him first. Against Dooku he never attacks him with the Force and only pulls his Lightsaber out after Dooku does, and still gives him a chance to surrender.

Its clear as day Yoda was there only to defend against Dooku, and capture him. Not to kill him. Yoda going all out is what we see against Sidious. The difference is as clear as night and day.

Of course he feels an obligation to not straight out murder his former Padawan you moron. Obi-Wan didnt want to kill Anakin and even begged him not to make the jump once Obi-Wan gained the tactical advantage. And thats when THEY KNEW Anakin was a Sith Lord and apprenticed to Darth Sidious and Killed Younglings, and aided in the extermination of the entire Jedi Order.

Dooku hadnt gone anywhere near that far at that point. The situation had to be analysed how an Older Master could have turned to the dark side and if his intentions were purely politically motivated or Sith/dark side motivated.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2018 11:23 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112

Oh geez, the Clone Troopers betrayed them and were executing all Jedi.
Dooku betrayed them and ordered the killing all the Jedi in the prior scene. Oh the hypocrisy should be causing you to be sick right now.

quote:

Sidious attacked first, AFTER Yoda took out his guards first! They both knew Yoda was there to kill him. And still you can see the difference he attacks Sidious straight back and pulls his Lightsaber out on him first. Against Dooku he never attacks him with the Force and only pulls his Lightsaber out after Dooku does, and still gives him a chance to surrender.
[/B]
The guards aimed their weapons at yoda he reacted secondly. Should he let them attack? Were they inherently evil? Was he sure or by your logic was he eaten up by the guilt over attacking prior to knowing their life stories.

It is like talking to a child. Nothing ever gets through. I said the reason he used the force on Sidious is that he left himself wide open cackling like a school girl. Dooku never stood there like a dope or left himself vulnerable to such an attack despite being weaker and less skilled than Sidious.

So when he uses the lightsaber your case goes away since Dooku refuses to surrender. He dons both to hurt/defeat/kill his opponent on both instances. They do not massage the body they cut through it like a knife through butter.

quote:

Its clear as day Yoda was there only to defend against Dooku, and capture him. Not to kill him. Yoda going all out is what we see against Sidious. The difference is as clear as night and day.
[/B]
Your own reasoning against the clone troopers applies to dooku. Betrayed the Jedi and killed Jedi. He tries to kill them right in front of yoda yet you argue he would not kill his enemy despite his own life threatened, his friends right in front of him, and the safety and well being of the republic. You have no idea who yoda is apparently.

Yoda failed in both instances but donning the light saber means he meant to hurt/defeat/kill both of his opponents. They were both his enemies.

quote:

Of course he feels an obligation to not straight out murder his former Padawan you moron. Obi-Wan didnt want to kill Anakin and even begged him not to make the jump once Obi-Wan gained the tactical advantage. And thats when THEY KNEW Anakin was a Sith Lord and apprenticed to Darth Sidious and Killed Younglings, and aided in the extermination of the entire Jedi Order.

[/B]
So despite being betrayed, Jedi dying at his behest, attacking and threatening his own life you think it is cold blooded murder when it is self defense. This is pretty pathetic. He forgoes all his obligations including his own life in favor of the emotions of him being his former padawan. laughing out loud

Slap yourself in the face twice for good measure.

Kenobi did what must be done and he is far more emotional than yoda. Somehow you believe yoda is so emotionally weak he just refused to do what must be done. Seriously you watched these kid films all your life and still do not understand them. I am disgusted.

Vader ended up a burnt husk left for dead. Kenobi succeeded whereas yoda failed due to protecting his friends while dooku fled. Yoda does not ignite his lightsaber to give haircuts. He meant business. He swung on dooku multiple times, rewatch the scenes since you missed that part.

quote:

Dooku hadnt gone anywhere near that far at that point. The situation had to be analysed how an Older Master could have turned to the dark side and if his intentions were purely politically motivated or Sith/dark side motivated. [/B]

Yoda:Powerful you have become Dooku, the dark side I sense in you.
Count Dooku : I have become more powerful than any Jedi. Even you.
[Dooku shoots Sith lighting at Yoda who effortlessly deflects it away]
Yoda : Much to learn, you still have.

He already senses the dark side in him. He says it. Rewatch the film your explanations are illogical, hypocritical, and are not supported in anything outside your inferior brain.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2018 02:21 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by quanchi112
Dooku betrayed them and ordered the killing all the Jedi in the prior scene. Oh the hypocrisy should be causing you to be sick right now.

Not the whole Jedi Order DUMMY.

Dooku gave them a chance to surrender. The clones were just murdering every Jedi anywhere mercilessly with no option of dialogue. The Jedi came to Dooku's turf.

They already knew from the beginning of the film Dooku was on the opposing side politically.

And Plus He was YODA'S FORMER PADAWAN to whom he shared a strong bond with. What is so difficult to get?

Yoda:Powerful you have become Dooku, the dark side I sense in you.
Count Dooku : I have become more powerful than any Jedi. Even you.
[Dooku shoots Sith lighting at Yoda who effortlessly deflects it away]
Yoda : Much to learn, you still have.

He already senses the dark side in him. He says it. Rewatch the film your explanations are illogical, hypocritical, and are not supported in anything outside your inferior brain.

Yes, DURING the fight DUMMY.

IOW he was there to analyse the situation and figure whats up with Dooku.

You have to be completely moronic to claim Yoda was going all out to kill Dooku there Lmao

Last edited by Darth Thor on Nov 22nd, 2018 at 03:02 PM

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2018 02:55 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheNuisanceBird
Wrecker - Scientist Class

I might actually start calling Quanchi Disney now.

"Dooku is not top tier,-" - Jensaarai1.

YouTube Channel With VS Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbhNQdtnbLQf80P-91V917w
IG: red_spade_25
Twitter: @AnikenJonas

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2018 03:11 PM
Click here to Send TheNuisanceBird a Private Message Find more posts by TheNuisanceBird Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112

Not the whole Jedi Order DUMMY.
So unless you try killing the entire Jedi order yoda will need more intel before acting if it is anyone he is familiar with. Oh, d. Thor. It is getting even more ridiculous because you abandon your own logic when it applies to Dooku.

quote:

Dooku gave them a chance to surrender. The clones were just murdering every Jedi anywhere mercilessly with no option of dialogue. The Jedi came to Dooku's turf.
[/B]
Yoda killed those he had to just as he would do what was necessary. Dooku tried to kill him ffs. Same as the clones. You could have a relative who loved you come at yoybwith a knife without any prior beefs and still kill them in self defense. What you are saying is so beyond common sense it should fill you with shame.

So the Jedi will do what is necessary just as I have always maintained by going to his turf and in defending other Jedi enter yoda. Yoda knew dooku was the enemy and dookus murderous intent was turned to yoda right in front of his eyes.

quote:

They already knew from the beginning of the film Dooku was on the opposing side politically.

And Plus He was YODA'S FORMER PADAWAN to whom he shared a strong bond with. What is so difficult to get?
[/B]
So yoda already knew he was an enemy and found out just how far dooku was willing to go and even sensed the dark side in him. What more does yoda need to act? He tried killing yoda the debate should end there but you press on with your stupityu which is alluded to nowhere in the film. The actions of all parties in the very scene disproves your nonsensical claims.

quote:

Yes, DURING the fight DUMMY.

IOW he was there to analyse the situation and figure whats up with Dooku.

You have to be completely moronic to claim Yoda was going all out to kill Dooku there Lmao [/B]
So him trying to kill yoda means yoda holds back? Seriously, do you think yoda has no self preservation instincts? What do you think? You seem to be so entirely ignorant about yoda I would be embarrassed if I were you. He figures out dooku is filled with the dark side and tries to kill both himself and his allies. What else does he need to know? If his favorite color is now black?

Your position is ridiculous and you know it. You have not proven anything. Your entire point is your own head canon that reasonable people would laugh you out of the building. Star Wars is too complex for you apparently.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2018 03:27 PM
quanchi112

Originally posted by TheNuisanceBird

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2018 03:28 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by TheNuisanceBird

He loves giving Mickey Mouse head, yeah.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2018 04:39 PM
quanchi112

He loves giving Mickey Mouse head, yeah.
You are jealous. You hate Disney Star Wars I just want it noted.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2018 04:48 PM
Darth Thor

You are jealous. You hate Disney Star Wars I just want it noted.

Not 100% true. I like the comics and I liked the first half of Rebels. And I liked Rogue One.

The new trilogy unfortunately has been trash.

You see I actually judge by the quality given. You judge based on the corporation that owns it.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2018 05:00 PM
quanchi112

Not 100% true. I like the comics and I liked the first half of Rebels. And I liked Rogue One.

The new trilogy unfortunately has been trash.

You see I actually judge by the quality given. You judge based on the corporation that owns it.
New trilogy is the best one thus far. You hate it. Glad you admitted it. Every film they released has been decent at worst. I look forward to episode 9 you feel the trilogy is trash.

Solo was a terrible idea for a film as I predicted which came true. I am very accurate and honest. You just despise the trilogy so you cannot donít it now. Cannot wait for ep 9. I believe you do not.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2018 05:04 PM
DarthSkywalker0
The Insane Jedi Master

Quanchi, do you like Old Disney or New Disney more?

"I killed them, of course. Just as I killed the Guardian. Just as I now kill you."

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2018 06:32 PM
Click here to Send DarthSkywalker0 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthSkywalker0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

New trilogy is the best one thus far. You hate it. Glad you admitted it. Every film they released has been decent at worst. I look forward to episode 9 you feel the trilogy is trash.

Solo was a terrible idea for a film as I predicted which came true. I am very accurate and honest. You just despise the trilogy so you cannot donít it now. Cannot wait for ep 9. I believe you do not.

New trilogy is a rip off of the old trilogy. So its outright laughable when you say the OT isnt for you hen praise the ST.

Disney have failed to excite a new generation of fans into the franchise. They are just doing the same old with the new trilogy.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2018 09:40 PM
quanchi112

Originally posted by DarthSkywalker0
Quanchi, do you like Old Disney or New Disney more?
What do you mean by old Disney?

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2018 11:19 PM
quanchi112

New trilogy is a rip off of the old trilogy. So its outright laughable when you say the OT isnt for you hen praise the ST.

Disney have failed to excite a new generation of fans into the franchise. They are just doing the same old with the new trilogy.
No, it is not. Quit repeating your feelings in here. Rian Johnson went off in crazy new directions but of course you think it was another carbon copy. Your points are so utterly ridiculous it is becoming a nuisance to tear them to shreds.

The Star Wars base hated the prequels. Ask Lucas how easy it is to keep these man babies happy. I enjoyed rots like crazy but the majority of the base really mock the prequels so I care not for the opinions of others. I just need them to make money to continue the train. TLJ is my favorite Star Wars film and I got my favorite character in Snoke with my bronze medalist as Kylo.

If you think TLJ ended the same way as esb you need your head examined.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2018 11:24 PM
Zenwolf

What do you mean by old Disney?

Pretty sure he's asking about Disney before buying SW, before buying Marvel and all that.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2018 11:53 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Pretty sure he's asking about Disney before buying SW, before buying Marvel and all that.
The MCU is the greatest prize in all the land. Marvel comics was how Star Wars was for most of you. I grew up a diehard Thanos guy. It is recently with the purchase of the MCU mostly. I became more of a Star Wars fan due to Disney, the new trilogy, and they gave me Snoke and my third fave, Kylo.

I also believe the GoT producers will give us old republic stuff and cannot wait for what is coming down the Disney pipeline.

Last edited by quanchi112 on Nov 23rd, 2018 at 12:01 AM

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2018 11:58 PM
Darth Thor

No, it is not. Quit repeating your feelings in here. Rian Johnson went off in crazy new directions but of course you think it was another carbon copy. Your points are so utterly ridiculous it is becoming a nuisance to tear them to shreds.

The Star Wars base hated the prequels. Ask Lucas how easy it is to keep these man babies happy. I enjoyed rots like crazy but the majority of the base really mock the prequels so I care not for the opinions of others. I just need them to make money to continue the train. TLJ is my favorite Star Wars film and I got my favorite character in Snoke with my bronze medalist as Kylo.

If you think TLJ ended the same way as esb you need your head examined.

Oh quit the nonsense. The ST has gone back to the OT setting of planet destroying WMDs, an Empire/Rebellion setting, with no Jedi around (same history of them being exterminated by a Jedi traitor seduced by a more powerful darksider in charge of the FO/Empire).

Its the exact same setting which made no sense in TFA when there was already a New Republic.

The natural progression should have been a Jedi Academy setting, and that incidentally is something thats not been done before.

Jar Jar Abrams himself admits they went back to the OT. YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE Delusional about it.

So Im not talking about Haters, im talking about facts. You can love this crap if you want but then dont make us laugh saying its > OT when its just a pale imitation of the OT.

TLJ went back to the Yoda teaching Luke on a hidden planet story/setting, then took the Emperors throne scene from ROTJ, and ended like ESB with the Rebellion (heck they even call it Rebellion now), on the run from the FO/Empire.

Literally the same except the twist of Kylo overthrowing Snoke/The Emperor.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Nov 23rd, 2018 at 09:13 AM

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2018 09:08 AM
Freedon Nadd

quote:
He asked Obi-Wan to join him in destroying Sidious.

Of course he did. He needs an apprentice to overthrow his master. It is similar to what Palpatine tried to do(and succeeded) with Anakin: he sought a reason to make Kenobi join him.

quote:
He begged Yoda to let him fight Sidious over Anakin.

Of course he did. He was emotionally still affected by what happened.

quote:
He saw the evidence of what Anakin had become, yet still tried reasoning with him first.

And in the end he saw that all of his reasoning with Anakin was in vain, and decided to do the right thing.

You are clearly misinterpreting my arguments. I never said he was not emotionally attached to Anakin or affected by what happened to him.
I stated he was obviously determined to destroy his lost apprentice if there was no coming back for him.

quote:
Yoda on the other hand was still analysing the situation with Dooku when confronting him "Powerful you have become Dooku, the dark side I sense in you."

I do not see how this is relevant to what I have written. There is a difference between Dooku and Anakin. Dooku was already a Darksider by the time of Attack Of The Clones meanwhile for Anakin was his first day. Even then, Yoda stated that his apprentice long gone is, consumed by Darth Vader was.

quote:
Speculation. He clearly used that as a distraction to escape, and was not going to risk his escape at that point. Point being he did try to kill Anakin and Obi-Wan and all the Jedi earlier.

What escape point are you talking about? He could have easily just stab Yoda in the back or Force-push him in a wall and kill all three of them, then flee. But, for some reason, he did not.

quote:
However you are both lacking a vital thing named proof. Proof that:
1) This no-kill policy existed througout TCW
2) Dooku was abiding by this supposed no-kill policy and massively holding back on Anakin as a result.

The entirety series of The Clone Wars and the movies/movies books show that. Whenever Anakin fought Dooku, he never attempted to kill him. At best he put him down like a dog and humiliate him to make him cross over the Dark Side, like he did in The Clone Wars in that episode when Anakin pinned him down and Dooku blasted him with Force lightning and left.

quote:
It just seems to me like you are both reaching and attempting to make this idea be consistent with the facts, simply to avoid the notion that perhaps Anakin > Dooku.

Our arguments are not consistent? You wrote me that Dooku ordered their execution in Attack Of The Clones from the beginning(which includes Anakin). Then you used the argument I have given you that Dooku gave them a chance to surrender to use this as argument against the KMC user quan that Dooku was not a Sith. And our arguments are not consistent?

quote:
Point is the order was given to kill them. Which would contradict Palpatine's supposed No-Kill Order on Anakin.

I wonder if you know anything regarding Darth Sidious' character?
For starters, one of Sidious' extraordinary Force abilities is to foresee future events with precious clarity. Of course he would not interfere knowing that in the outcome of the Geonosis Arena, Anakin does not lose his life.

quote:
"Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen."
-Darth Sidious

This would further increase Anakin's thirst for vengeance against Count Dooku, enough to kill him and turn to the Dark Side.

quote:
Or maybe I just don't see the need in addressing your own interpretation of events not backed by any facts.

Or maybe you do not understand the nature of these stories.

quote:
What was the point of these Dooku vs Anakin contests Palpatine set up twice?

You ask me what was the point? Dooku is the embodiment of the evil that has plagued the Republic. Of course Sidious would, all the time, put Dooku against Anakin. It is the old tale where the Knight slays the dragon, and in return the Knight is tainted by the dragon's blood.

quote:
Yeah strange I never got that. Because I thought Palpatine was interested in Anakin due to his unmatched potential in the Force.

If it truly is unmatched potential in The Force...

Second, had it been for his power, then Palpatine would have obviously come with a plan to get his hands on Anakin and maintain him under his influence. But for some reason, he did not. He let him become part of the Jedi Order.

quote:
And the opportunity to continue the Banite goal of each generation getting more and more powerful.

Another ludicrous point. Darth Sidious had broken the Rule of Two alongside his Sith Master. He had no intention in being replaced by anyone. All he wanted was to have a fully-darksided Anakin under his influence and use him as instrument of his will to maintain an oppressive regime throughout the galaxy.

quote:
He used them, but they were still his Apprentices. If Anakin hadn't worked out you don't think he would have kept Maul or Dooku?

But he never did that. The moment Maul was sliced in half by Obi-Wan, Sidious took another apprentice because Maul has fulfilled his role as Jedi decoy.

quote:
The film made it clear the Jedi would have been wiped out there. Legends is full of inconsistencies.

But we not debating movies, are we? We are debating Extended Universe. And when suddenly your point is moot, you call them inconsistencies.

quote:
But okay, for arguments sake lets go with that. Even if the elite could have survived, are we forgetting Anakin, Padme's and Obi-Wan's public executions were already ordered before the other Jedi arrived to rescue them?

Yes, in order to aliment Anakin's hatred towards the representative of the Separatists/Sith. Palpatine is a seer, he had already foreseen what happened. That is why he never gave Dooku an order to "spare" them.

quote:
There was clearly no "No-Killing Anakin" order at the time of AOTC. You will need to switch to Realist's stance to continue this.

You claim that Sidious was interested about Anakin's massive Force potential, yet he does not interfer when Dooku wants to kill them at the Geonosis Arena. How does that even work?

Your two statements are contradictory in nature. If Palpatine really wanted Anakin for his massive Force potential, then he would have never allowed Dooku to kill him at the Geonosis Arena. After all Palpatine knew that Anakin is the Chosen One by the time of Attack Of The Clones. Of course if we choose the route of Palpatine's ability of foreseeing the outcome in the Geonosis Arena, then that is something else.

quote:
The episode is "Rising Malevolence". Second episode of TCW (not including TCW movie).

No one knew of the Malevolence and its Ion Canon, as any witnesses were killed.

Although Palpatine tried asking Anakin not to intervene, no order was given to Dooku not to destroy Anakin's ship.

Dooku and Grievous were both on board. Grievous would not have questioned it if Dooku said, I want the survivors of that ship alive.

And and more proof of how risky fighting in a war is for Anakin. But the risk was worth it as it ultimately makes him much stronger.

If Palpatine really wanted that, then he would have never warned Anakin about what was going to happen.

Good to know that you have reminded to watch that episode. Because:

1. Anakin was not in that solar system when Dooku fired in the Republican ships
2. When Anakin and his crew is about to escape, Grievous uses the ion canon to try and disable their ship instead of firing in them with deadly projectiles.
3. Dooku is not even angered by Grievous' failure. He shows no sign of anger towards the cyborg Kaleesh. Instead, he tells Grievous that he has to go and say this to his master.

quote:
Exactly this is what it all comes down to. It's really down to Dooku himself. Like if he did kill Anakin, what would Sidious do to him, I mean really?

Sidious might choke him a bit, but ultimately would just decide it wasn't Anakin's destiny because he wasn't strong enough to survive.

Do not twist my arguments. Destroying droids does not equal fighting Force-sensitive individuals.

Anakin's war experience with droids and pirates does not prove at the slightest that Dooku had not hold back in their duels.
If you compare a droid battle with a Force-sensitive warrior like Dooku, then something is clearly wrong with your perception of Star Wars characters.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2018 01:56 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112

Oh quit the nonsense. The ST has gone back to the OT setting of planet destroying WMDs, an Empire/Rebellion setting, with no Jedi around (same history of them being exterminated by a Jedi traitor seduced by a more powerful darksider in charge of the FO/Empire).

Its the exact same setting which made no sense in TFA when there was already a New Republic.

The natural progression should have been a Jedi Academy setting, and that incidentally is something thats not been done before.

Jar Jar Abrams himself admits they went back to the OT. YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE Delusional about it.

So Im not talking about Haters, im talking about facts. You can love this crap if you want but then dont make us laugh saying its > OT when its just a pale imitation of the OT.

TLJ went back to the Yoda teaching Luke on a hidden planet story/setting, then took the Emperors throne scene from ROTJ, and ended like ESB with the Rebellion (heck they even call it Rebellion now), on the run from the FO/Empire.

Literally the same except the twist of Kylo overthrowing Snoke/The Emperor.
Quit repeating yourself. You ignored my post which broke your points down one at a time.

No, and I explained the differences already. You repeating your same old nonsense is not going to make my rebuttal disappear.

I said they had similarities you just rage over it. It has far too many differences which tend to go off into undiscovered territory in TLJ. Just stop.

Again you want to ignore the vast differences in rose, poes defiance, Finns progression, Kylo not turning good and assuming control of the FO, and facing Luke. Yoda never faced Vader. Huge differences. Luke died initiating hope across the galaxy and was inspired by yoda. None of that happened in esb. Rey never even faced Kylo in the film but Luke and Vader squared off. Another huge difference. This is like taking candy from a baby.

Look I get it you hate these films but to try to paint them as replicas is offensive to anyone with a functional brain. Push your anti trilogy elsewhere. You stopped being a Star Wars fan after Disney purchased them.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2018 02:04 PM