KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Everyone I live with smokes in-doors.

Everyone I live with smokes in-doors.
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

Everyone I live with smokes in-doors.

My sister is pregnant, smokes, probably drinks.

My mom smokes, my sister's boyfriend smokes, my grandmother smokes.

They smoke in the bathroom of all places, and we have one bathroom so the smell is always there.

Thoughts and advice? (They ignore my suggestions to smoke outside, and making a bigger deal out of it will start an argument, I've done it before and no change has happened)

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Nov 17th, 2018 02:00 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Legit laughed. You have a sister that is pregnant who smokes and drinks while pregnant and you're worried about people smoking in the house.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2018 02:25 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Man up move in with Surtur and let his brother take care of you like Surt.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2018 02:57 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Move out. That's my advice. Or get a space in house that's all your own.

Also, smack your sister over the head with a baseball bat.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Nov 17th, 2018 06:50 PM
MythLord is currently offline Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Burn the House Down. Use their booze and ciggies to do it.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2018 08:28 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

Move On Out Brother

If you haven't already done it

In your room install a draught excluder around your door

D profile soft rubber draught excluder
E profile soft rubber draught excluder
V profile - This ones for finer crevices

Then theres the rolls or foam pads which slide neatly under the door and stay with it whether its open or closed

If your door frame is even and your door is even and all the surfaces are smooth clean and dry, you should be able to put a seal that works great in under a couple of hours tops.

best to measure the gaps around the door before you go buying draught excluders.

If you can afford it check out the classifieds for a handyman who is good at this.

In your room keep your window ajar and your radiator at a much lower temperature than the rest of the house.

This will keep the (clean) air in your room at a higher pressure than the air in the rest of the property.

Air Filters

If you can afford a hospital grade air filter you can afford to move out

If you can't okay. Get a good one. Replacing Filters probably won't be cheap.

If you have a well constructed air tight eal you won't need to run the filter so much.

Cook. Cooking is an inclusive, positive way to fill the property with good smells.

Bake some wholewheat bread (ridiculously easy) The smell of fresh bread is a great smell. Cook / Bake things with cumin rosemary chicken lemon and don't burn it.

Increase your vitamin c intake - and your vitamin b intake - and the amount of veg you take in.

Talk to your mom about electronic ciggarettes - buy her one for christmas - although... be prepared to duck and roll

You're gonna have your family in your life for a long time make it clear that you like them.

Bro. Your Sister. You Know What You Have To Do Bruv.

Last edited by shiv on Nov 17th, 2018 at 09:39 PM

Old Post Nov 17th, 2018 09:33 PM
shiv is currently offline Click here to Send shiv a Private Message Find more posts by shiv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Re: Everyone I live with smokes in-doors.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jmanghan

They smoke in the bathroom of all places, and we have one bathroom so the smell is always there.

Thoughts and advice? (They ignore my suggestions to smoke outside, and making a bigger deal out of it will start an argument, I've done it before and no change has happened)

Work hard and smart at a decent paying, stable job.

Move out.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2018 10:38 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Until you move out start cooking food they hate the smell of.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Nov 17th, 2018 10:39 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Smoke weed in the house. It smells better than cigs.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2018 10:41 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Better then that incense they burn to try and cover it up with...

Old Post Nov 17th, 2018 10:57 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Brilliant

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Nov 17th, 2018 11:03 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by shiv

Talk to your mom about electronic ciggarettes - buy her one for christmas - although... be prepared to duck and roll

Those are worse for your health then reg ciggies.

smokin'

Old Post Nov 17th, 2018 11:07 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Anti-smoking campaigns were created by women and liberals as a ploy to emasculate white men in the 80's and 90's. The truth is that smoking cigarettes is perfectly healthy for you; it even increases your T-levels, which is responsible for your libido and muscle gain.

The problem isn't that you're surrounded by smokers, the problem is that you haven't joined them.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Nov 17th, 2018 11:10 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

This sounds horrible, how do you even breathe indoors? No offense, but you are all going to have lung cancer if you keep this up.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2018 02:17 AM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

someone with your level of anxiety should probably gtfo of there. if you can't afford your own place, look for a roommate.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2018 03:14 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

You have to smoke more than them to show them you're the alpha smoker of the house.
They don't respect your weak lungs

Old Post Nov 18th, 2018 04:23 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Tzeentch
Anti-smoking campaigns were created by women and liberals as a ploy to emasculate white men in the 80's and 90's. The truth is that smoking cigarettes is perfectly healthy for you; it even increases your T-levels, which is responsible for your libido and muscle gain.

The problem isn't that you're surrounded by smokers, the problem is that you haven't joined them.
preach it brotha

Old Post Nov 18th, 2018 05:19 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Re: Re: Everyone I live with smokes in-doors.

Originally posted by BrolyBlack
This sounds horrible, how do you even breathe indoors? No offense, but you are all going to have lung cancer if you keep this up.
I keep my door closed majority of the time.

I don't have the income for a job and can't get one because I'm on Social Security money. Talked with a vocational expert who couldn't find anything I could really do for long enough that I'd get paid enough.

Idk what to really do.

Yeah my sister is a problem but I tried talking to her about it. Not only did I get yelled at by my grandmother AND mother for trying to tell her to stop, but she got pissed as well. There is absolutely nothing I can do that isn't illegal, and taking the cigarettes away from her would just start a huge argument and they'd just take em back anyway.

They are very set in their ways and refuse to change at all. Even little things like "Hey it's hot in here, can I open a window?"

"DON'T OPEN THE WINDOWS!"

Then if I open the windows I get screamed at by everyone in the house.

So I asked them to please spray disinfectant in the ONE room they smoke, they can't even do that.

I don't have an income high enough, nor can I get a job that pays well enough for me to afford a living space.

There has been smoking in this house for decades and decades.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2018 05:32 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Quick question out of curiousity:

How old are your grandparents and has any smoker in your family actually died young or young-ish from cancer?

Old Post Nov 18th, 2018 05:36 AM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Nibedicus
Quick question out of curiousity:

How old are your grandparents and has any smoker in your family actually died young or young-ish from cancer?
No, youngest my great grandfather died was in his 70's.

Great grandmother who smoked for over 40 years quit, lived till she was 92.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2018 05:37 AM