KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Everyone I live with smokes in-doors.

Everyone I live with smokes in-doors.
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Did the granny who died in her 70s die of ling cancer? Did she smoke?

Well, looks like you guys aren’t predisposed to lung cancer. The health argument here might not be as solid as one would normally think...

Old Post Nov 18th, 2018 05:48 AM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Re: Everyone I live with smokes in-doors.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jmanghan
I keep my door closed majority of the time.

I don't have the income for a job and can't get one because I'm on Social Security money. Talked with a vocational expert who couldn't find anything I could really do for long enough that I'd get paid enough.

Idk what to really do.

Yeah my sister is a problem but I tried talking to her about it. Not only did I get yelled at by my grandmother AND mother for trying to tell her to stop, but she got pissed as well. There is absolutely nothing I can do that isn't illegal, and taking the cigarettes away from her would just start a huge argument and they'd just take em back anyway.

They are very set in their ways and refuse to change at all. Even little things like "Hey it's hot in here, can I open a window?"

"DON'T OPEN THE WINDOWS!"

Then if I open the windows I get screamed at by everyone in the house.

So I asked them to please spray disinfectant in the ONE room they smoke, they can't even do that.

I don't have an income high enough, nor can I get a job that pays well enough for me to afford a living space.

There has been smoking in this house for decades and decades.

That house might have to be bulldozed. I don’t think it could ever be resold.

My advice keep your window in your room at all times. And the door closed.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2018 06:29 AM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

*window open

Old Post Nov 18th, 2018 06:29 AM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Try to get a whole home energy recovery system installed to get fresh air inside without opening windows.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2018 06:33 AM
Flyattractor

Just shoot your family into space. In space You can't Smoke.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2018 06:44 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

We've gotten into incredibly loud, intense, and curse-worthy arguments just on forgetting to spray the bathroom after they were finished.

It's crazy.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Nov 18th, 2018 06:49 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Your family has issues.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2018 06:51 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

We've gotten into incredibly loud, intense, and curse-worthy arguments just on forgetting to spray the bathroom after they were finished.

It's crazy.

Invite the local news over. Things would change fast.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2018 06:52 AM
Jmanghan

Granny didn't die in her 70's, that was great-grandfather, who passed a few years before I was born.

Great-grandfather did die of lung cancer, great-grandmother who was alive till I was 15, passed from Skin Cancer.

Grandmother is 65 and doesn't have cancer, in fact, shes pretty healthy, has been smoking from a very young age, I think since she was a teenager.

Father and Uncle passed away young, but it wasn't due to smoking.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2018 06:54 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Granny didn't die in her 70's, that was great-grandfather, who passed a few years before I was born.

Great-grandfather did die of lung cancer, great-grandmother who was alive till I was 15, passed from Skin Cancer.

Grandmother is 65 and doesn't have cancer, in fact, shes pretty healthy, has been smoking from a very young age, I think since she was a teenager.

Father and Uncle passed away young, but it wasn't due to smoking.
Your family has some strange things going on with their Immune Systems. erm

Old Post Nov 18th, 2018 07:17 AM
victreebelvictr is currently offline Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Re: Everyone I live with smokes in-doors.

My sister is pregnant, smokes, probably drinks.

My mom smokes, my sister's boyfriend smokes, my grandmother smokes.

They smoke in the bathroom of all places, and we have one bathroom so the smell is always there.

Thoughts and advice? (They ignore my suggestions to smoke outside, and making a bigger deal out of it will start an argument, I've done it before and no change has happened)

Sorry to hear this.

My advice is to construct a new bathroom for your personal use, if your home has space. You should try to raise funds for this end.

I also dislike smoking at personal capacity, but I have come to terms with the fact that it is not easy to dissuade loved ones from smoking - not my immediate family (no smokers in my home). Best course of action is to inform them that smoking is affecting you (your eyes in particular), and they should not smoke when very close to you. Mine listen.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2018 09:33 AM
S_W_LeGenD is currently offline Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Re: Everyone I live with smokes in-doors.

My sister is pregnant, smokes, probably drinks.

My mom smokes, my sister's boyfriend smokes, my grandmother smokes.

They smoke in the bathroom of all places, and we have one bathroom so the smell is always there.

Thoughts and advice? (They ignore my suggestions to smoke outside, and making a bigger deal out of it will start an argument, I've done it before and no change has happened)

How long has your sister been pregnant, guy?

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...userid%3A144381

You were bringing up this same stuff like 2 years ago, not really lookng for advice, but being all woe is me, and trying to get ppl to feel bad for you.

Stop it, you. stick out tongue

Old Post Nov 18th, 2018 10:45 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Re: Re: Everyone I live with smokes in-doors.

Originally posted by riv6672
How long has your sister been pregnant, guy?

You were bringing up this same stuff like 2 years ago, not really lookng for advice, but being all woe is me, and trying to get ppl to feel bad for you.

Stop it, you. stick out tongue
She got pregnant again.

First kid's name is PJ after his dad, second kid's name is gonna be Mason, he's due in March.

I'm not trying to get people to feel bad for me. You just aren't sympathetic to others' situations lol.

What I want, is a solution to be made, without A. Spending money that I barely have. B. Trying to force them to stop, which won't work.

Last edited by Jmanghan on Nov 18th, 2018 at 11:10 AM

Old Post Nov 18th, 2018 11:07 AM
BestDebaterEver
Head of Debate Club

Either he is trolling or his sister can't keep her legs shut.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2018 11:10 AM
BestDebaterEver is currently offline Click here to Send BestDebaterEver a Private Message Find more posts by BestDebaterEver Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Re: Re: Re: Everyone I live with smokes in-doors.

She got pregnant again.

First kid's name is PJ after his dad, second kid's name is gonna be Mason, he's due in March.

I'm not trying to get people to feel bad for me. You just aren't sympathetic to others' situations lol.

What I want, is a solution to be made, without A. Spending money that I barely have. B. Trying to force them to stop, which won't work.

Meh.

You have a pattern dude. You present these situations, ask for advice, get it, then shoot it down because you basically cant get off your ass and do anything (you said you needed a job and needed to move out of your house; i gave you a list of jobs that provide room & board and dont require shit in experience. Your reply was along the lines of oh no i couldnt possibly do that). And then you ask for more advice.
Its why i stopped replying to those threads in the OTF.

The whole 2 year pregnancy thing got my attention, however.

Enjoy your thread. stick out tongue

Old Post Nov 18th, 2018 12:29 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BestDebaterEver
Head of Debate Club

Didn't you tell Jman about the magical pixie dust committee who show up at your house, suck your dick, deposit $100k into your bank account and give you six pack abs for literally nothing, providing you just act like a little *****? It seems like something he would be very interested in.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2018 12:52 PM
BestDebaterEver is currently offline Click here to Send BestDebaterEver a Private Message Find more posts by BestDebaterEver Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by BestDebaterEver
Didn't you tell Jman about the magical pixie dust committee who show up at your house, suck your dick, deposit $100k into your bank account and give you six pack abs for literally nothing, providing you just act like a little *****? It seems like something he would be very interested in.

I like the cut of your jib, son

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2018 02:45 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BestDebaterEver
Head of Debate Club

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
I like the cut of your jib, son
That might mean something if it wasn't coming from some slack-jawed boomer.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2018 02:57 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by MythLord
Move out. That's my advice. Or get a space in house that's all your own.

Also, smack your sister over the head with a baseball bat.

I have a bat I'd be willing to loan him...he just needs to promise to swing for a homerun when he uses it.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2018 03:15 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

She got pregnant again.

Idea: hold an intervention for her and show her what a condom is.

Now BE SENSITIVE! This new invention might shock her. Imagine showing a caveman a comptuer.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2018 03:20 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote