KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Grindelwald vs. Voldemort.

Grindelwald vs. Voldemort.
Started by: The Merchant

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Merchant

Grindelwald vs. Voldemort.

For those who've seen the new movie, what do you think? While Voldemort does have GOAT statements, Rowling has been retconning her universe. The statements might no longer stand, especially with how powerful Grindelwald was. Magick in general in FBs seem to be better than the original movies.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Nov 18th, 2018 09:43 AM
The Merchant is currently offline Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Yeah Way more impressed by the combat feats in FBs than I was in the original HP series.

Voldemort fought equally with old Dumbledore whereas Grindewald was named young Dumbledores equal repeatedly.

So it depends if we assume Old Dumbledore >> Young Dumbledore.

Feats wise though the young team has it.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2018 09:48 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Yeah Way more impressed by the combat feats in FBs than I was in the original HP series.

Voldemort fought equally with old Dumbledore whereas Grindewald was named young Dumbledores equal repeatedly.

In Harry Potter I don't recall there ever being anything to hint that old age hampers magical power. Though something like senility could impact how well they use the power.

I will also note that Voldemort didn't just fight equally with Dumbledore...he fought equally with a Dumbledore who had the Elder Wand lol.

Grindelwald, meanwhile, had the elder wand and still lost to Dumbledore. Which never made any sense in the books since Dumbledore says he was only a shade more skilled than Grindelwald...and Dumbledore isn't exactly a humble guy. So if the skill difference wasn't that great...the Elder Wand should have tipped the balance in Grindelwalds behavior.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2018 03:34 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Voldemort wins. Nothing has changed save a few desperate posters really pushing hard for Grindelwald to suddenly have a chance against the most powerful wizard of all time.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2018 11:20 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Grindelwald possessing the elder wand gives him the advantage. Spoiler:he loses. Albus used the elder wand against Voldemort and was losing prior to Voldemort attacking Harry directly.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2018 12:16 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Keep running, Darth Whore.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2018 12:55 PM
Darth Thor

Running from what? Lol

Jeez youre obsessed.

Find a girl and get married already.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2018 01:26 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Which are movie feats that put Voldemort above Grindelwald though? If I recall correctly Riddle has been called the greatest of the Dark Wizards by the english and Grindelwald campaigns never quite reached the UK, so their opinion is biased anyways.

From what I've heard Grindelwald can apparate in mid combat and create wide shields, block tons of magical beams from aurors without struggling, among others. He certainly looked more impressive than what Dumbledore showed against Riddle.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Nov 20th, 2018 01:45 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Running from what? Lol

Jeez youre obsessed.

Find a girl and get married already.
The debate right here. We both know Voldemort is the greatest dark wizard of all time, has better feats, etc. so why even fight the rude here.

So I should rush out and do this because you say so. Oh you silly lemming. I do what I want unlike yourself. I bet she bosses you around.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2018 01:45 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bentley
Which are movie feats that put Voldemort above Grindelwald though? If I recall correctly Riddle has been called the greatest of the Dark Wizards by the english and Grindelwald campaigns never quite reached the UK, so their opinion is biased anyways.

From what I've heard Grindelwald can apparate in mid combat and create wide shields, block tons of magical beams from aurors without struggling, among others. He certainly looked more impressive than what Dumbledore showed against Riddle.

His best showing was against Dumbledore. He showed telekinesis, the ability to transmute something into that huge fire snake thing, the ability to fire energy blasts.

It's true he didn't show the blocking abilities Grindelwald showed. And Grindelwald also showed more powerful wandless magic by tossing that car with TK.

I guess it's hard to say.

Side note...I'm not hearing good things about the latest movie erm

Old Post Nov 20th, 2018 03:51 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Albus Dumbledore in the HP series is > younger Dumbledore from the Fantastic Beasts timeline. He is both wiser than ever and his grasp of and command over magic is greater than ever, besides also having the Elder Wand.

Grindelwald also does not yet have a feat comparable to destroying the Hogwarts shield with a wand that was actively resisting the wielder. I doubt he will either, considering he is the Elder Wand's true master, and so it actually works properly for him.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2018 03:53 PM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

And they only start talking about how Dumbledore is losing his touch *after* he gets inflicted with that curse.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2018 03:58 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Surtur

Side note...I'm not hearing good things about the latest movie erm

Its pretty slow.

You can tell they are stretching the story out to milk more movies out of it.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2018 04:21 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Bentley

Destroying the Hogwarts shield while the wand even resisted him.

Your ignorance and trolling is just terrible at this point.

Formerly known as Tom Marvolo Riddle and commonly referred to as He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. The most powerful Dark wizard of all time.

From Pottermore the official site of Rowling for the Wizarding World.

Nothing he has done this far compares to dominating Albus Dumbledore with complete ownership of the elder wand.

Grindelwald getting beaten by Newt and some featless fodder is not even worth mentioning especially when discussing Albus Dumbledore. Do not be silly or any sillier than your pathetic country.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2018 05:07 PM
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

Voldemort wins.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2018 07:56 PM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Eon Blue
Voldemort wins.
thumb up

Old Post Nov 20th, 2018 08:58 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Grindelwald makes a fool out of Voldemort.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2018 01:02 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Grindelwald makes a fool out of Voldemort.
Your ignorance is not a valid argument. Voldemort is the most powerful dark wizard of all time. Grindelwald gets the runner up.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2018 02:04 AM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by quanchi112
Your ignorance is not a valid argument. Voldemort is the most powerful dark wizard of all time. Grindelwald gets the runner up.

Someone is butthurt! Hahahaha!

Should I repost your old Grindelwald vs Voldemort poll where everyone made a fool of you?

Your stupidity noted once again

Old Post Nov 21st, 2018 02:48 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Someone is butthurt! Hahahaha!

Should I repost your old Grindelwald vs Voldemort poll where everyone made a fool of you?

Your stupidity noted once again
Popularity does not matter, here I will show you what does.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 21st, 2018 02:57 AM