KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Which canon SW comics would you suggest reading?

Which canon SW comics would you suggest reading?
Started by: Total Warrior

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Which canon SW comics would you suggest reading?

Title says all. I'd like to expand my knowledge of the canon verse, right now I'm just reading monthly the Vader series, and I read some Doc Aphra's issues. Is there any canon comic series that's being released/or has been released already that you'd suggest?

Last edited by Galan007 on Nov 18th, 2018 at 02:26 PM

Old Post Nov 18th, 2018 11:50 AM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, it's all garbage. Read Legends.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2018 11:52 AM
Click here to Send RealistRacism a Private Message Find more posts by RealistRacism Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Why there is no title Ahahahahahahah

Old Post Nov 18th, 2018 11:55 AM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RealistRacism
No, it's all garbage. Read Legends.
I know pretty much everything about legends though, I want mooooore

Old Post Nov 18th, 2018 11:56 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

What do you want the title to be? I'll add it.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Nov 18th, 2018 01:28 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Thanks smile it should have been “Which canon Sw comic series would you suggest reading?”

Old Post Nov 18th, 2018 02:11 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I'd actually recommend the vast majority of canon comics, tbh. Most of them have been really good overall.

Read the primary Star Wars series(which is still ongoing), along with the first and second Darth Vader series for starters.

Last edited by Galan007 on Nov 18th, 2018 at 02:40 PM

Old Post Nov 18th, 2018 02:37 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Momin. Ommin. Really geniuses. :shrug:

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Nov 18th, 2018 02:38 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Originally posted by Galan007
I'd actually recommend the vast majority of canon comics, tbh. Most of them have been really good overall.

Read the primary Star Wars series(which is still ongoing), along with the first and second Darth Vader series for starters.
great, thanks 🙏🏻

Old Post Nov 18th, 2018 04:47 PM
Darth Thor

Need to catch up on Star Wars comics. Because it's the only place I can get more of the real Luke in canon.

Rewatched TLJ over the weekend, and damn was it depressing how badly they were butchering Luke for most that film.

Only in the end sequence do we get some semblance of the real Luke Skywalker and mildly entertaining.

Only Mark Hamill's performance makes that film worth watching.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2018 11:47 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BazookaMaster

Most Canon comics are okay. They are the best Canon thing now, haha.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2018 03:56 PM
Click here to Send BazookaMaster a Private Message Find more posts by BazookaMaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Well we can thank Marvel for that.

I remember hearing an interview from one of the Vader comic writers, and it was really good. He really got the character and where he was in ANH to where he was going in ESB.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2018 03:57 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The first Vader comic series is excellent, tbh.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2018 04:33 PM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Need to catch up on Star Wars comics. Because it's the only place I can get more of the real Luke in canon.

Rewatched TLJ over the weekend, and damn was it depressing how badly they were butchering Luke for most that film.

Only in the end sequence do we get some semblance of the real Luke Skywalker and mildly entertaining.

Only Mark Hamill's performance makes that film worth watching.
yeah, wondered why Ryan thought having Luke being a pussy could be a good idea. If you want him and Snoke die in the same movie, why not have them fight in an epic duel ending in their mutual deaths?

Old Post Nov 19th, 2018 05:59 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Luke's appearance would have been SO much better had he actually been there. The projection thing, while cool, was just a copout, imo.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2018 07:29 PM
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Vader series is a great read

Old Post Nov 19th, 2018 07:36 PM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

^Yeah, that’s the only one I’ve been following lately (if you mean the on ehwere he hunts the Jedi, unless you are mentioning another one )

Old Post Nov 19th, 2018 08:26 PM
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

yes the most recent one

Old Post Nov 19th, 2018 10:02 PM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

The Kanan Jarrus comic is actually pretty great, IMO. I’m not usually a comics guy, but Kanan is one of the few I actually really enjoyed. It has vibes of Season 1 Rebels (when the show wasn’t completely in shambles), so I think even if you’re not a huge fan of the show overall you can still appreciate the comic because it’s sort of divorced from the lesser components that plagued Rebels (shitty Ghost crew characters, for example). I highly recommend it. thumb up

Old Post Nov 19th, 2018 10:03 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Galan was referring to the previous one which takes place after ANH.

But even the new series is decent from the first few issues Ive read.

And yeah the Kanan comic was top. Forgot about that.

Originally posted by Galan007
Luke's appearance would have been SO much better had he actually been there. The projection thing, while cool, was just a copout, imo.

Was a bit annoying we will never see Canon Luke as a Jedi Master in combat.

That said at least Luke in that last part of the film actually felt like Luke.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2018 10:06 PM