KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Where is Qui-Gon Jinn?

Where is Qui-Gon Jinn?
Started by: Meatpants

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Geistalt
SilenceThatSpeaksVolumes

Hey, I may be an idiot (the bulk of us SW fans are), but I'm a happier idiot than you.

Fvck Islam. 4srs.
Fvck Oded Yinon, too.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2018 08:18 PM
Click here to Send Geistalt a Private Message Find more posts by Geistalt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Meatpants

How would Kit Fisto fare against Jinn in a dueling contest?

Old Post Nov 29th, 2018 09:45 AM
Click here to Send Meatpants a Private Message Find more posts by Meatpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Lol yeah this.

Why not Thor Skywalker?

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Nov 29th, 2018 09:49 AM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CuckedCurry

Originally posted by Meatpants

Kit solos 5 Qui-Gon’s

Old Post Nov 29th, 2018 10:23 AM
Click here to Send CuckedCurry a Private Message Find more posts by CuckedCurry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Wasn't Qui-Gon's age cited as a reason for his fatigue?

Old Post Nov 29th, 2018 10:50 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

So Jinn gets tired and Dooku does not? It is true what they say. The newer generation is frail and weak.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Nov 29th, 2018 11:12 AM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

Boomer

Old Post Nov 29th, 2018 11:13 AM
Click here to Send RealistRacism a Private Message Find more posts by RealistRacism Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
Why not Thor Skywalker?

Taken by some YouTube guy. Wouldnt wanna pretend im him.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2018 12:11 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Like would anyone believe that...

Old Post Nov 29th, 2018 03:21 PM
Xiggy
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Meatpants

Many people, myself included, consider Kit above that level because of his spar with Kenobi in Cestus Deception. The latter noted Kit was restricting himself just so Kenobi could keep up with him. It can be presumed that this Kenobi is at least Jinn's equal in sabers.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2018 04:55 PM
Click here to Send Xiggy a Private Message Find more posts by Xiggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Meatpants

Originally posted by The Ellimist
Wasn't Qui-Gon's age cited as a reason for his fatigue?

IIRC, yes. His age coupled with his heavy use of Ataru is supposed to have heavily contributed to fatigue in dueling over time. My interpretation from the source material is that Jinn and Maul were at a parity until Jinn begins to tire, to which point Maul's youth and extensive training take over.

I've always wondered why Jinn didn't do something to combat increased fatigue. He became more grounded in fights and relied more on experience as the years went by, but I don't see how retooling Ataru would really help. But then again, when was there ever any reason to adapt for fighting a Sith? He was already one of the best duelists in the order, and there was no reason to drastically change or alter his fighting style I guess.

My recommendation would have been to utilise more Makashi (he definitely would have been heavily familiar with the form) and take on Soresu to shore up his defences, as Kenobi did.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2018 07:40 AM
Click here to Send Meatpants a Private Message Find more posts by Meatpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Meatpants

Originally posted by Xiggy
Many people, myself included, consider Kit above that level because of his spar with Kenobi in Cestus Deception. The latter noted Kit was restricting himself just so Kenobi could keep up with him. It can be presumed that this Kenobi is at least Jinn's equal in sabers.

I've heard of this, but I don't know the details. Is this AotC Kenobi?

Old Post Dec 1st, 2018 07:41 AM
Darth Thor

^ Pretty much yeah. Right after AOTC.

But there is also power scaling next to Ventress to consider.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2018 08:06 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Meatpants

Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ Pretty much yeah. Right after AOTC.

Do you have the quote? Interested in reading it.

Originally posted by Darth Thor But there is also power scaling next to Ventress to consider. [/B]

How do you mean?

Old Post Dec 1st, 2018 08:25 AM
CuckedCurry

Order the book you uneducated swine it’s like £1.50 from eBay :/

Old Post Dec 1st, 2018 10:05 AM
Click here to Send CuckedCurry a Private Message Find more posts by CuckedCurry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote