KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Was Anakin portrayed as being > Yoda and Palpatine?

Was Anakin portrayed as being > Yoda and Palpatine?
Started by: Xiggy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
HP Legend

In the film definitely not. Nothing supports that. In fact it's made pretty clear he's not by him getting sliced up by Kenobi and Yoda saying Kenobi has much more of a chance against Anakin than Sidious. There are no statements in the film which place him close to Yoda and Sidious.

However in Legends he is a Yoda Sidious level threat.

"You were weak when I found you. I did not expect you to survive your training. But now, your hatred has become your strength. At last, the dark side is your ally. "

Old Post Nov 30th, 2018 01:21 AM
Click here to Send HP Legend a Private Message Find more posts by HP Legend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Definitely not. How is this even up for reasonable discussion.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2018 02:38 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

In an all-out fight, Anakin doesn't have a hope in hell against Yoda or Sidious.

According to Gillard, whom Ant and his b!tchboy Ellimist fellate without shame, **"the mental game that’s going on is just as important as the moves." While Anakin is on par with the likes of Sidious and Yoda in force power and lightsaber skill, he isn’t even on Kenobi’s level mentally. As mentioned, those two things are equally important factors in determining the outcome of a battle according to Gillard, so if we're using quotes from him as evidence, one must also factor in his statements about the mental side of things. He obviously considers Anakin to be Obi-Wan's easy superior, due to the tier system placings and his statements on the matter;

**Note; This isn't only in reference to Anakin's mental situation against Obi-Wan, as this quote is actually pulled from Gillard's comments on Dooku's fight with Anakin - The Making of Revenge of the Sith. So this is logic that can be applied to not just the Mustafar duel, in which Anakin was supposedly ‘hindered,’ but his other fights also.

"One was the master, one was the pupil. One has replaced the other one, technically. Obi knows that Anakin is better than him."

Despite the clear comment from Gillard here and the apparent massive gaps between tiers, he also states that Obi-Wan wasn't even trying to kill Anakin in their final fight;
"I took it on as like a fight between a husband and wife. It sounds silly, but Obi doesn’t want to kill him."

So Kenobi's mental superiority is not only sufficient enough to bridge the massive power disparity but the duelling one also, with Gillard noting that all Kenobi allowed himself to do was defend against Anakin's "huge onslaught" for 10 minutes.

Regarding the fight on board the Invisible Hand, Gillard states the reason for Dooku's loss is his arrogance/underestimation of Anakin; "The mental game that’s going on is just as important as the moves. Dooku’s weakness is that he’s already beaten Anakin - and he’s pretty sure he can do it again.” By the time Anakin's already "growing stronger", the Count’s exhausted, and it's too late.

The significance of ‘the mental fight’ shows us the near-irrelevancy of Anakin’s placing as a tier 9. You could argue otherwise for Knightfall Vader, claiming his ‘shackles are broken’ or something of the like, but not Anakin. I still ly though Ant.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2018 02:49 AM
Click here to Send RealistRacism a Private Message Find more posts by RealistRacism Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beelzebub

Nope.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2018 02:49 AM
Click here to Send Beelzebub a Private Message Find more posts by Beelzebub Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Valkorion
Nova

quote:
According to Gillard, whom Ant and his b!tchboy Ellimist fellate without shame,

lol sorry man but this is like Darth Bandon talking sh*t about his powers to Sidious and Valkorion

not that i disagree that Sidious > Anakin

Old Post Nov 30th, 2018 03:01 AM
Click here to Send Valkorion a Private Message Find more posts by Valkorion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

I never compared myself to them, lmao.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2018 03:05 AM
Click here to Send RealistRacism a Private Message Find more posts by RealistRacism Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Valkorion
Nova

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RealistRacism
I never compared myself to them, lmao.

fair enough, my analogy was poorly phrased

Old Post Nov 30th, 2018 03:07 AM
Click here to Send Valkorion a Private Message Find more posts by Valkorion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

It feels like halfway Lucas changed his mind on Anakins power. First we see him destroy Dooku once he uses his anger and he did it in a faster time frame than Yoda trying to defeat Dooku. But, we later see him after fully embracing the Dark side have troubke with Kenobi and they were even equals in that force push of theirs.

Ofc there are things like the ROTS novel and kther Legends supplements explaining what happened, but movie only wise it seems like a plot hole.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Nov 30th, 2018 03:17 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote