KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » rank the worst parts of TLJ

rank the worst parts of TLJ
Started by: Valkorion

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

Did Solo sell or flop?

Old Post Dec 25th, 2018 01:54 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

An exception to the rule, fan fatigue perhaps. If that's how you want to play it Quan, the proper Episodes will always sell, with the side-movies being a little less consistent.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2018 01:58 AM
Click here to Send RealistRacism a Private Message Find more posts by RealistRacism Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RealistRacism
An exception to the rule, fan fatigue perhaps. If that's how you want to play it Quan, the proper Episodes will always sell, with the side-movies being a little less consistent.
I agree but the notion anything Star Wars related sells is done. Star Wars is not even the biggest franchise out there anymore. Nothing is bullet proof.

I also swear TLJ is objectively wonderful but arguing subjectivity is for the geeks out there. We are just nerds.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2018 02:02 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

It doesn't have to be the biggest. It's a famous title and the concept of 'space adventures' appeals to almost everyone.

Do you think it's a good movie for us nerds then? Because I sure as hell don't. Maybe it's a decent film for the normie crowd, but is that a good thing...? Disney have abandoned their dedicated SW audience for this milque-toast, cliche adventure film imo

Old Post Dec 25th, 2018 02:31 AM
Click here to Send RealistRacism a Private Message Find more posts by RealistRacism Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

It doesn't have to be the biggest. It's a famous title and the concept of 'space adventures' appeals to almost everyone.

Do you think it's a good movie for us nerds then? Because I sure as hell don't. Maybe it's a decent film for the normie crowd, but is that a good thing...? Disney have abandoned their dedicated SW audience for this milque-toast, cliche adventure film imo
It has a built in fanbase and is well known so it has advantages but as I said just because Avengers Infinity War did well does not mean Ant Man 2 even sniffed a billion. The idea matters a lot these days surrounding these brands. There is a lot of competition these days which was not the case in the past.

For me it was for you it was not. Just because we disagree it is still an opinion either way. I think TPM was sub par and Aotc was weak but that did not stop rots from being great to me. If you did not like it fine but that has no bearing on any future Star Wars films imo especially ones with different directors.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2018 02:42 AM
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well in the case of Marvel, they're pumping out movies ridiculously fast, so fan fatigue is certainly the reason for spin-offs like Ant Man not being as successful. I don't really think that comparison is valid because Infinity War has been hyped up and looked forward to by many for a decade... So I see that as an outlier.

But nevertheless I'm just sick of TLJ talk, it's over and long gone. Why infinite threads need to be made bitching over details someone didn't like is beyond me.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2018 02:50 AM
DarthCaedus77

TBH I agree with RR, TLJ is yesterdays news, good or bad.

"We stand on a tipping point where we can choose chaos, or order"
-Jacen Solo

Old Post Dec 25th, 2018 02:56 AM
Click here to Send DarthCaedus77 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthCaedus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

We now have Episode 9!....I'm annoyed that there's gonna be an odd number of movies now.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2018 03:06 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

-

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Dec 25th, 2018 05:31 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Funny thing is even Ant-Man grossed massively more than Solo. Showing the difference the current strength of the brand makes.

I also seriously doubt Avengers 4 will drop down to 1.3bill from the 2bill Infinity War made. (Thats what happened from TFA to TLJ).

So even the numbers are not showing the general audiences are loving this trilogy. Just that the Star Wars episodic films still sell.

A great film could easily enhance the franchise again though, I agree with that. I just personally dont see Episode 9 not being the same old same old.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2018 10:24 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Well in the case of Marvel, they're pumping out movies ridiculously fast, so fan fatigue is certainly the reason for spin-offs like Ant Man not being as successful. I don't really think that comparison is valid because Infinity War has been hyped up and looked forward to by many for a decade... So I see that as an outlier.

But nevertheless I'm just sick of TLJ talk, it's over and long gone. Why infinite threads need to be made bitching over details someone didn't like is beyond me.
I disagree since both of the other films hit well past a billion easily. Ant Man like Solo is not a great idea that appeals to the masses. That is why it failed to sell like the other two did. Brands help but the ideas matter. Thor 3 was great imo but did not get close to a billion either. BP was not and cruised past a billion so my theory the idea and strength of the film matters hold weight.

People like D.Thor cannot let their feelings go. They need to complain like a Disney exec raped their mom or something. Johnson is not even directing the next one and some posters still want to sweat over it and complain.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2018 02:01 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Funny thing is even Ant-Man grossed massively more than Solo. Showing the difference the current strength of the brand makes.

I also seriously doubt Avengers 4 will drop down to 1.3bill from the 2bill Infinity War made. (Thats what happened from TFA to TLJ).

So even the numbers are not showing the general audiences are loving this trilogy. Just that the Star Wars episodic films still sell.

A great film could easily enhance the franchise again though, I agree with that. I just personally dont see Episode 9 not being the same old same old.
Or that people enjoyed the film more than Solo. Neither sold well. Solo was an utter bomb but as I said from the get go terrible idea. Ideas matter.

Different buildup. Star Wars came off after 10 years of nothing while avengers is building to something. Star Wars is fine as a brand they just need to realize brand alone will not work. Need a great idea to market to the masses, kid.

I love it. Still well past 1 billion. Drop off sure but all the other mid films experienced the same thing. Let your feelings go. TLJ is amazing.

smile

Old Post Dec 25th, 2018 02:05 PM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

I just heard Eawn McGregor May appear in one or more scenes of EP9. If that’s true the it’s already a 10/10 movie to me

Aniway, merry Christmas nerds

Old Post Dec 25th, 2018 02:34 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

I'm a simple nerd. Give me epic lightsaber battles, Jedi vs. Sith, mix around some space intrigue and grand scale conflicts and I'll be happy.

The North Remembers

Old Post Dec 25th, 2018 08:21 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by quanchi112
Still well past 1Billion

So did the Transformers films. So TLJ is in good company.

Drop off sure but all the other mid films experienced the same thing.

This was by far the biggest drop off.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2018 03:40 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Total Warrior
I just heard Eawn McGregor May appear in one or more scenes of EP9. If that’s true the it’s already a 10/10 movie to me

Aniway, merry Christmas nerds

Well they did say this would be a conclusion to the entire 9 episode saga. So entirely possible.

They finally have the sense to realise they make double the money by getting both OT and PT fans on board. Will see if it works out for them, or if its too little too late.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2018 03:42 PM
quanchi112
Disney

So did the Transformers films. So TLJ is in good company.

This was by far the biggest drop off.
The last knight made a little over 600 million you ignorant hater. Bumblebee will not sniff a billion either. That is a quality film too. So they do not all cruise past a billion. Try to at least be familiar with the facts.

Still a heathy profit all the same. You claimed the brand is damaged but refuse to back it up. You are full of shit, kid. Called you on it. You are free to hate the new trilogy but just stop crying about it.

Last edited by quanchi112 on Dec 26th, 2018 at 03:59 PM

Old Post Dec 26th, 2018 03:48 PM
Darth Thor

The last knight made a little over 600 million you ignorant hater. Bumblebee will not sniff a billion either. That is a quality film too.

A little over 600mill is frigging amazing next to what Solo made.

Ah so what youre saying is Quality doesnt determine box office? Look everyone, Mr. Dummy here is finally clocking on.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2018 04:15 PM
quanchi112
Disney

A little over 600mill is frigging amazing next to what Solo made.

Ah so what youre saying is Quality doesnt determine box office? Look everyone, Mr. Dummy here is finally clocking on.
Solo was a bad idea but the film you claimed destroyed Star was was TLJ which made 1.3 billion. You claimed transformers films cruise past 1 billion I gave you two examples which are the most recent. By your logic I can cite TFA. Do you ever think before you press the submit button? Be honest.

Quality is subjective but marketing, word of mouth, etc. also factors in. You do realize there are a lot of variables not just quality that determines the box office returns. Seriously, you need to quit posting about how badly TLJ ripped your fairweather fan heart out. You hate it and think abrams sucks. You also hate Disney because you think they want to piss off the fans. Feelings. You cannot seem to climb out of them.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2018 05:33 PM
Darth Thor

Solo was a bad idea but the film you claimed destroyed Star was was TLJ which made 1.3 billion. You claimed transformers films cruise past 1 billion I gave you two examples which are the most recent. By your logic I can cite TFA. Do you ever think before you press the submit button? Be honest.

2 of the worst Transformers movies cruised past a billion. Up until the Last Knight each shitty sequel was making more and more.

Solo flopped and didnt make a Billion. Yes Disney Star Wars is full of bad ideas without a clear vision.

Now apparently out of nowhere Episode 9 will be a conclusion to the Whole Nine Episode Saga. They have never had a clear vision for these films and are now panicking.

Yes Bumblebee will be the least grossing Transformers film proving how dumb it is to equate Quality to Box Office.

You will be happy as long as Mickey Mouse makes a Billion from the next Star Wars film. Us actual fans will be happy when they actually give us something good. So far this trilogy has been dull and unoriginal. So we are not particularly excited to see how it ends.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Dec 26th, 2018 at 06:03 PM

Old Post Dec 26th, 2018 05:57 PM