KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Revan vs. Nihilus

Revan vs. Nihilus
Started by: The Ellimist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
That does not mean Tenebrae could not be amped by the Dark Side nexus. He is not the Source of the Dark Side.

The nexus is Vitiate's power, Nadd. So he's amped... by himself? laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 8th, 2018 07:41 AM
Click here to Send RealistRacism a Private Message Find more posts by RealistRacism Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by RealistRacism
The nexus is Vitiate's power, Nadd. So he's amped... by himself? laughing out loud

(please log in to view the image)

Tenebrae is not The Dark Side of The Force. He is not the source of it. That is The Son. Tenebrae, like other Darksiders, simply taint places with their malign presence. That is all.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Dec 8th, 2018 12:28 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by AncientPower
He's literally a dark side nexus who was stated to be the source of power on the planet that brought the Sith back there. The Dark Temple became a nexus because of him. The dark side miasma covering the planet was due to his ritual. The Dark Citadel was emanating dark side energy in the exact same way that it emanated from him.

Why would the most powerful dark side nexus the galaxy would ever see, be reliant on a far lesser one to beat Revan?

Nor do I need to re-read Ant's blog, because what happened was incredibly definitive. He tried to block Tenebrae's lightning with a prepared Tutaminis application, but Tenebrae instantly ripped through it and was electrocuting him to death until T3-M4 forced Tenebrae to break off.

Dark Side nexi are simply "fully" corrupt places or individuals. That is why even Force-users like Skere Kaan, Darth Malak, and Darth Malgus - were presumed to be Dark Side focal points.

Tenebrae is not the source of The Dark Side. That is The Son. Darksiders are merely Dark Side conductors and/or accumulators.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Dec 8th, 2018 12:33 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

Tenebrae is not The Dark Side of The Force. He is not the source of it. That is The Son. Tenebrae, like other Darksiders, simply taint places with their malign presence. That is all.

So the argument is, no one's power is truly their own, it's all just the Mortis gods? I guess there was no more dark or light sides when the Son and Daughter both died then... Oh wait, there was.

Vitiate's power is his own, and he corrupted Dromund Kaas. So any power residing there that he could possibly draw from, belongs to him anyway.

Last edited by RealistRacism on Dec 8th, 2018 at 12:50 PM

Old Post Dec 8th, 2018 12:47 PM
Click here to Send RealistRacism a Private Message Find more posts by RealistRacism Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HP Legend

Originally posted by AncientPower
He's literally a dark side nexus who was stated to be the source of power on the planet that brought the Sith back there. The Dark Temple became a nexus because of him. The dark side miasma covering the planet was due to his ritual. The Dark Citadel was emanating dark side energy in the exact same way that it emanated from him.

Why would the most powerful dark side nexus the galaxy would ever see, be reliant on a far lesser one to beat Revan?

Nor do I need to re-read Ant's blog, because what happened was incredibly definitive. He tried to block Tenebrae's lightning with a prepared Tutaminis application, but Tenebrae instantly ripped through it and was electrocuting him to death until T3-M4 forced Tenebrae to break off.

Seriously? He did block Tenebrae's lightning or at least most of it. The fact that Tenebrae's lightning was far more potent than Darth Nyriss's who casually incinerated security guards should suggest that Revan did block most of the lightning considering it didn't kill him and the most he came off with was a few second degree burns.

Yes Tenebrae is more powerful than Revan but to suggest there isn't parity is kinda moronic.

Furthermore Revan got within striking distance of Tenebrae at the start of the duel and nearly killed him (he maybe could have if the starting distance was closer) which caused Tenebrae to create numerous safeguards to stop his vunerability which suggests Revan was indeed close to Tenebrae.

Just in general to suggest Revan wasn't close to Tenebrae goes against authorial intent and the fight itself.

"You were weak when I found you. I did not expect you to survive your training. But now, your hatred has become your strength. At last, the dark side is your ally. "

Last edited by HP Legend on Dec 8th, 2018 at 02:22 PM

Old Post Dec 8th, 2018 02:17 PM
Click here to Send HP Legend a Private Message Find more posts by HP Legend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthCaedus77

>Tenebrae is far superior to Revan.

>Tenebrae is given a relatively good fight by Revan before being overwhelmed.

Next goalpost please.

"We stand on a tipping point where we can choose chaos, or order"
-Jacen Solo

Old Post Dec 8th, 2018 02:21 PM
Click here to Send DarthCaedus77 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthCaedus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

I mean there's a difference between having some level of parity and being a near-equal, which you suggested HP.

It's clear that Revan's good enough to give Vitiate a scare, but he'll lose decisively each time.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2018 02:24 PM
McP

Any version of Revan destroys Nihilus

Old Post Dec 8th, 2018 02:28 PM
Click here to Send McP a Private Message Find more posts by McP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HP Legend

I mean there's a difference between having some level of parity and being a near-equal, which you suggested HP.

It's clear that Revan's good enough to give Vitiate a scare, but he'll lose decisively each time.

Where did I ever suggest they were near equals?

The only reason I started this debate was to point out that if Vitiate were more powerful than Nihilus right after draining Nathema (which AP has frequently said) then surely Revan as of the novel would be more powerful than Nihilus (which AP was against) considering he gave a fight to Vitiate who had grown in power for 1000 years since then.

Also I don't think he would "lose decisively each time" considering if the starting distance were closer he could have quite possibly killed Vitiate.

"You were weak when I found you. I did not expect you to survive your training. But now, your hatred has become your strength. At last, the dark side is your ally. "

Last edited by HP Legend on Dec 8th, 2018 at 02:36 PM

Old Post Dec 8th, 2018 02:32 PM
Click here to Send HP Legend a Private Message Find more posts by HP Legend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

I took your telling of AP to read Ant's 'Revan = Vitiate' arguments on CV as a clear endorsement of the position... But okay then.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2018 02:40 PM
HP Legend

I took your telling of AP to read Ant's 'Revan = Vitiate' arguments on CV as a clear endorsement of the position... But okay then.

I told it to read those because I was to lazy to type out the Revan vs Vitiate arguments in full not because I agree with the overall position.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2018 02:44 PM
Freedon Nadd

So the argument is, no one's power is truly their own, it's all just the Mortis gods? I guess there was no more dark or light sides when the Son and Daughter both died then... Oh wait, there was.

Vitiate's power is his own, and he corrupted Dromund Kaas. So any power residing there that he could possibly draw from, belongs to him anyway.

I used The Son as the "true" source of The Dark Side - as example - because that is what most KMC members believe. If you do not want to believe that; be my guest.

And you have not countered anything.

Last edited by Freedon Nadd on Dec 8th, 2018 at 08:16 PM

Old Post Dec 8th, 2018 08:14 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

How does that make sense though? It's basically saying you can't be amped off your own nexus, or that the character is somehow leaving his power behind and therefore weakening himself by creating a nexus unless he's at the nexus.

It's a show of power/DA DARKSIDE to create the nexus, but it doesn't mean everyone gets amped by the nexus except you.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2018 09:08 PM
Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by One Big Mob
How does that make sense though? It's basically saying you can't be amped off your own nexus, or that the character is somehow leaving his power behind and therefore weakening himself by creating a nexus unless he's at the nexus.

It's a show of power/DA DARKSIDE to create the nexus, but it doesn't mean everyone gets amped by the nexus except you.

I do not know if you are trying to counter my posts. But, yes - creating a Dark Side nexus does not mean you are not getting its benefits given you are not The Source of the Dark Side. There are no multiple versions of Dark Side.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2018 09:25 PM
S_W_LeGenD

The Son is also a Force user just like his father:

"The Son was an embodiment of the dark side of the Force who dwelled on Mortis during the Clone Wars with his sister, the light-sider known as Daughter, and the powerful Force user known as Father, who tried to keep them in balance." - Star Wars Databank

The embodiment of the dark side of the Force = hype factor. Tenebrae have similar hype in literature.

"The Daughter of Mortis is a Force-wielder who aligns herself with the light side of the Force. An enigmatic being of tall stature who can transform into a griffin, she is the selfless counterpoint to her brother, the Son, who has allied himself with the dark side." - Star Wars Databank

Force user and Force-wielder are synonymous terms, and imply the same thing; Galen Marek is stated to be a Force-wielder in The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia for instance.

"In the mysterious realm of Mortis there exists a trio of beings able to wield the Force in ways no known mortals of the galaxy can. The Father maintained balance between his Daughter and his Son, who expressed affinity to the light and dark side of the Force, respectively. The Father knew his days were numbered -- facing his impending demise, he needed to find another to keep the balance. His goal was the same described in an ancient Jedi prophecy -- the rise of a Chosen One who will bring balance to the Force." - Star Wars Databank

---

The Force is an energy field, and below is a good explanation of its nature:

Snapshot taken from The Force and Destiny Core Rulebook

---

Tenebrae is the source of corruption of Dromund Kaas; his actions had a lasting impact on the environment of this planet. Tenebrae would have an easier time in bending his subjects to his will, in an environment strong in the dark side.

Tenebrae would be a super-strong Force user in any environment touched by the Force; nothing imply otherwise. Nathema was the only environment where he admitted to the Outlander that his powers were compromised (VOID FACTOR). Even in this terribly disadvantaged scenario, Tenebrae was able to SHIELD the Outlander [and his companions] from damaging effects of Nathema.

On the other hand, Revan [Reborn] was not at a disadvantage on Dromund Kaas, or any environment strong in the dark side in general. At this stage, he could wield the dark side to his advantage much like a Sith Lord.

Therefore;

Revan versus Tenebrae showdown on Dromund Kaas was FAIR; nobody was at a disadvantage in this case. Tenebrae overwhelmed Revan with his powers, and [would have] KILLED his opponent, but Revan's allies managed to intervene in the most crucial of moments to save Revan TWICE, during the course of this fight.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Dec 8th, 2018 at 11:02 PM

Old Post Dec 8th, 2018 10:51 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HP Legend

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD

quote:
On the other hand, Revan [Reborn] was not at a disadvantage on Dromund Kaas, or any environment strong in the dark side in general. At this stage, he could wield the dark side to his advantage much like a Sith Lord.

Revan didn't use the DS though. The only time he's noted to have used it is when Vitiate tries to dominate his mind and he opens himself up to both sides of the force and sends Vitiate flying.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2018 11:17 PM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Originally posted by HP Legend
Seriously? He did block Tenebrae's lightning or at least most of it. The fact that Tenebrae's lightning was far more potent than Darth Nyriss's who casually incinerated security guards should suggest that Revan did block most of the lightning considering it didn't kill him and the most he came off with was a few second degree burns.

Yes Tenebrae is more powerful than Revan but to suggest there isn't parity is kinda moronic.

Furthermore Revan got within striking distance of Tenebrae at the start of the duel and nearly killed him (he maybe could have if the starting distance was closer) which caused Tenebrae to create numerous safeguards to stop his vunerability which suggests Revan was indeed close to Tenebrae.

Just in general to suggest Revan wasn't close to Tenebrae goes against authorial intent and the fight itself.

quote:
Revan knew he was gathering his power to unleash a swirling storm of pure dark side energy, just as Nyriss had done. The Jedi quickly calculated his options. Realizing he couldn’t close the gap between them quickly enough to stop the assault, he gathered his own energy and spread his hands before him, ready to catch and absorb the Emperor’s attack.

A dozen bolts of purple lightning arced from the Emperor toward him. Revan tried to draw them in and contain them, but the Emperor was infinitely more powerful than Darth Nyriss had ever been.

Revan's body was engulfed in agony as the electricity coursed through his body. His skin began to boil and blister, the flesh of his face melting and sticking to the superheated metal of his mask as the Emperor poured more and more power into him.

Through the haze of indescribable pain, he saw T3-M4 rushing in to help him. The droid let loose with his flamethrower, bathing the Emperor in fire. At the last instant the Emperor cocooned himself in the Force to save himself from being incinerated, breaking his focus on Revan.

The Jedi collapsed to the ground, burned but still alive, the hilt of his extinguished lightsaber lying on the floor less than a meter beyond his grasp.

His attempt to absorb his lightning failed, he was literally being killed. It's a testament to his durability that he doesn't get incinerated on the spot but it's the same logic to try and explain away why Sheev who has disintegrated beings with lightning didn't do the same to Windu before he blasted him out or whoever else.

It's very impressive that he managed to heal himself after the fact, but given the likes of a dying Master Fay could've healed herself back to full strength, but instead did the same for Kenobi, implies that Force heal may not be as overly demanding as we might believe.

Freaking Barsen'thor III was using a fatal shielding technique a good seven times until he fought Rajavari.

I see no reason to believe that Revan doesn't get taken down 10/10, every time.

I am not even going to argue the speed by which Vitiate summoned that FLS, I.E. faster than Revan could close the gap or counter with his own attack.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2018 01:15 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
The Son is also a Force user just like his father:

"The Son was an embodiment of the dark side of the Force who dwelled on Mortis during the Clone Wars with his sister, the light-sider known as Daughter, and the powerful Force user known as Father, who tried to keep them in balance." - Star Wars Databank

The embodiment of the dark side of the Force = hype factor. Tenebrae have similar hype in literature.

"The Daughter of Mortis is a Force-wielder who aligns herself with the light side of the Force. An enigmatic being of tall stature who can transform into a griffin, she is the selfless counterpoint to her brother, the Son, who has allied himself with the dark side." - Star Wars Databank

Force user and Force-wielder are synonymous terms, and imply the same thing; Galen Marek is stated to be a Force-wielder in The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia for instance.

"In the mysterious realm of Mortis there exists a trio of beings able to wield the Force in ways no known mortals of the galaxy can. The Father maintained balance between his Daughter and his Son, who expressed affinity to the light and dark side of the Force, respectively. The Father knew his days were numbered -- facing his impending demise, he needed to find another to keep the balance. His goal was the same described in an ancient Jedi prophecy -- the rise of a Chosen One who will bring balance to the Force." - Star Wars Databank

---

The Force is an energy field, and below is a good explanation of its nature:

Snapshot taken from The Force and Destiny Core Rulebook

---

Tenebrae is the source of corruption of Dromund Kaas; his actions had a lasting impact on the environment of this planet. Tenebrae would have an easier time in bending his subjects to his will, in an environment strong in the dark side.

Tenebrae would be a super-strong Force user in any environment touched by the Force; nothing imply otherwise. Nathema was the only environment where he admitted to the Outlander that his powers were compromised (VOID FACTOR). Even in this terribly disadvantaged scenario, Tenebrae was able to SHIELD the Outlander [and his companions] from damaging effects of Nathema.

Therefore;

Revan versus Tenebrae showdown on Dromund Kaas was FAIR; nobody was at a disadvantage in this case. Tenebrae overwhelmed Revan with his powers, and [would have] KILLED his opponent, but Revan's allies managed to intervene in the most crucial of moments to save Revan TWICE, during the course of this fight.

I said that The Son was The Source to give him as example because that is what most KMC or Comic Vine members believe. If you do not want to accept this concept. Alright.
Read carefully my posts next time. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Last edited by Freedon Nadd on Dec 10th, 2018 at 10:14 AM

Old Post Dec 10th, 2018 10:12 AM