KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Resident Evil 3 Remake

Resident Evil 3 Remake
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Yeah, I was expecting a January 2021 release. I'm so phucking happy right now.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Dec 10th, 2019 03:10 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Hell ya! Looks like it offers a choice between first and third person? Both seemed featured. And **** yes @ that release date.

Project Resistance as an online mode for it is SO much better. Legit lol @ them teasing that before RE3.

Also, lol @ this. Hook, line, and sinker:
(please log in to view the image)

Also, there's some gameplay featured in this dev video. Dodging is back:

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Dec 10th, 2019 at 05:51 PM

Old Post Dec 10th, 2019 05:36 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Nevermind, it's completely over the shoulder. The FPV in the trailer was just a cinematic thing I guess, which is great news to me.

PWNT

Old Post Dec 10th, 2019 08:45 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Can’t wait for the RE2 remake was so good.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2019 08:45 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Game looks good, Still not sold on Nemesis's new design

have they said that the game will have the choose your own adventure style decision's back?

Old Post Dec 11th, 2019 12:13 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

RE3 for years was a favourite of mine, so really, really can't wait to see what they do with this. The hospital, Jill's illness (which looks like it's getting expanded), the diner, the newspaper office, the Russians... Hell, I wonder if the QTE decisions will return in some way.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 11th, 2019 01:28 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Also i remember in the original game where they gave you the option to fight Nemesis or run away, If you stood your ground you would get rewarded with weapon parts on hard mode

wonder if that is also coming back too.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2019 01:34 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Just got my collectors edition preordered. That Jill statue is going to look great next to my Leon one. Hopefully they start putting out a full collection of other characters.

PWNT

Old Post Dec 11th, 2019 06:07 PM
emporerpants

That voice acting though...lol, I love it.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2019 06:32 PM
emporerpants is currently offline Click here to Send emporerpants a Private Message Find more posts by emporerpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

The incredibly early release date worries me somewhat. Does Capcom have a bunch of ubermensch working for them to crank out a triple-A title this rapidly?

Old Post Dec 12th, 2019 11:43 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I'm guessing this was in production for quite awhile. Most likely during RE2 remake development.

This would be the third game using RE Engine (RE7, RE2 remake) so they probably have a good grasp on it.
This is a remake so it should be quicker than starting everything from scratch.
They could probably reuse a lot of the work from RE2 remake as well...

But I wouldn't be surprised this gets pushed back.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2019 12:02 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

The original Resident Evil 3 didn't come out long after RE2 and used a LOT of the same assets, so I figure, along with being in development like Smasandian said, it's not like they're making a brand new game from scratch.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 13th, 2019 01:09 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
The incredibly early release date worries me somewhat. Does Capcom have a bunch of ubermensch working for them to crank out a triple-A title this rapidly?
Its a new and separate studio that worked on it alongside RE2. The RE2 dev team also switched over to it after RE2 finished. The multiplayer was also outsourced to a different company. All that with reused assets? Easy to see

PWNT

Old Post Dec 13th, 2019 04:45 AM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
I'm guessing this was in production for quite awhile. Most likely during RE2 remake development.

This would be the third game using RE Engine (RE7, RE2 remake) so they probably have a good grasp on it.
This is a remake so it should be quicker than starting everything from scratch.
They could probably reuse a lot of the work from RE2 remake as well...

But I wouldn't be surprised this gets pushed back.
Fourth game with the RE Engine. *

And the word is they intended to release both RE2 and 3 as a single game, but I don't quite believe it. Content wise would have made sense but it'd also be terrible business.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Dec 13th, 2019 11:34 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Capcom confirms no multiple endings which means I guess no making quick decisions at all like choosing how to deal with Nemesis in key encounters or jumping out the window of a speeding train like in the original. Bummer. Really like those. Oh yeah and no Mercenary mode either.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jan 11th, 2020 at 12:44 AM

Old Post Jan 11th, 2020 12:33 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

So it's not really a full on remake then, More of a re imaging.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2020 01:56 AM
Impediment
Endless

I just hope we get to see the giant worm and the Hunter Gamma “Froggers”.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jan 12th, 2020 08:39 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote:
I just hope we get to see the giant worm and the Hunter Gamma “Froggers”.

or even those Flea's infected with the T-Virus.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2020 05:46 AM
Arachnid1

He looks SO GOOD.

PWNT

Old Post Jan 14th, 2020 05:58 PM
Impediment
Endless

He didn’t say “Stars!”

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jan 14th, 2020 06:40 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote