KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Resident Evil 3 Remake

Resident Evil 3 Remake
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 6 7 [8]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RadZoa
Beat it in 3.5 hours lol
No, you didn't.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Apr 14th, 2020 11:10 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by FinalAnswer
I enjoyed the game, but it's very unambitious and doesn't really build on anything from 2. Also extremely short. Overall, not really as good an experience as 2 was.
RE2 was very unambitious as well.

And it didn't have to build on anything from 2 since both games have markedly different goals.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2020 11:12 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

RE2 Remake was the first of its kind, RE3 doesn't have that excuse. It could have built on what was established in the previous game, and done something with Nemesis hunting you, but nothing of the sort happened. It's a very straight forward, linear action game that's about 4 hours long. Enjoyable, but I expected more.

Howdy!

Old Post Apr 14th, 2020 11:36 PM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

RE2 Remake was the first of its kind, RE3 doesn't have that excuse. It could have built on what was established in the previous game, and done something with Nemesis hunting you, but nothing of the sort happened. It's a very straight forward, linear action game that's about 4 hours long. Enjoyable, but I expected more.

He can't free roam, he can't [SPOILER - highlight to read]: kill Brad Vickers, and...

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2020 01:38 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Not to mention alot of the area's that were cut out, Wondering if they're saving it for DLC.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2020 01:57 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Kazenji
Not to mention alot of the area's that were cut out, Wondering if they're saving it for DLC.

Don't forget about the Grave Digger boss too. I can get why some may have found it annoying in the original but that's no excuse to not bring it back and make the fight interesting this time.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Apr 15th, 2020 at 02:25 AM

Old Post Apr 15th, 2020 02:21 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

Originally posted by Nemesis X
he can't [SPOILER - highlight to read]: kill Brad Vickers

Yeah I was kinda put off by that, don't know why that wasn't put in.

Howdy!

Old Post Apr 15th, 2020 02:30 AM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Yeah I was kinda put off by that, don't know why that wasn't put in.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Guess someone at Capcom felt bad for him and thought they'd make him go out somewhat a hero and not a total wimp. That's nice and all but Brad played a big role giving Nemesis his iconic debut. This was my first letdown.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Apr 15th, 2020 at 02:56 AM

Old Post Apr 15th, 2020 02:42 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

They Should've scrapped Project Resistance and put 100% focus on RE 3, Rather then divide it up between the two.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2020 02:48 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I don't blame the Resistance mode that much. You could've had that while also giving RE3 the rest of the content that it deserved from the getgo, but they simply didn't go there, which makes content updates for this RE3 all the more necessary now.

Oh, from what I played of the tutorial bits of Resistance, it's actually pretty fun, like controlling zombies or Mr X depending on whose side you're on.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Apr 15th, 2020 at 10:02 AM

Old Post Apr 15th, 2020 09:56 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Kazenji
They Should've scrapped Project Resistance and put 100% focus on RE 3, Rather then divide it up between the two.

Resistance was made by a different team so it didn't really affect RE3's development. If anything, Resistance was used as an excuse to try and justify the $60 price when originally it was gonna be it's own separate game. Can you imagine if Capcom still charged full price if it was just the single payer? Then they would've made it longer.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2020 05:45 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

It would have been something similar to The Order 1886. Not a good stain to have regarding a Main Title in your franchise.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2020 05:49 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
I don't blame the Resistance mode that much. You could've had that while also giving RE3 the rest of the content that it deserved from the getgo, but they simply didn't go there, which makes content updates for this RE3 all the more necessary now.

Oh, from what I played of the tutorial bits of Resistance, it's actually pretty fun, like controlling zombies or Mr X depending on whose side you're on.

Ah ok, Thought they might up have split up development 50/50 between the two projects.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2020 02:27 AM
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Resistance was made by a different team so it didn't really affect RE3's development. If anything, Resistance was used as an excuse to try and justify the $60 price when originally it was gonna be it's own separate game. Can you imagine if Capcom still charged full price if it was just the single payer? Then they would've made it longer.
Even if it didn't split the development, I'd be willing to bet it definitely split the funding. The games are sold as a single package after all.

PWNT

Old Post Apr 16th, 2020 11:59 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

They could of done a remake of the SP campaign and charge 40-50 bucks and everybody would be happy.

Instead, they make a MP mode that does nothing new and never going to be big and charge full price.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2020 12:30 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Does nothing new? IDK about that part. The traps you can set against human survivors as the zombies or Mr X felt pretty fresh. Probably right though in that the mode itself won't become that big or played long run.

So a thread I saw elsewhere earlier got me thinking...

When the RE2make dropped, everyone discovered that Mr X wasn't always scripted like the original. They learned that he could roam about the police station, throwing a door open right at the most inopportune times. This made people rage and caused many to hate him (I remember the Mr X hate from then pretty well).

... Could this have been what led to remake Nemesis being much more scripted? Since now, he's more like the original Mr X ironically, while remake Mr X is more like the original Nemesis (less scripted). They switched roles, but for the wrong reasons it seems.

It's very possible that Capcom listened to people complain about Mr. X's roaming sequences, and decided to limit Nemesis to only a few short sections as a result apart from the cutscenes and boss fights.

This is why you don't always listen to fans, when it can potentially neuter a game in the future. Remember all the memes and "every time he scared me" compilations that remake Mr X got too with the infamy he gained? Remake Nemesis has none of that because they don't exist with the way he was designed here.

And now like with Mr X at RE2make's launch, there's a similar movement against the Marauder from Doom Eternal (to remove him and such) because of kneejerk bitchy players who can't adapt... I don't like the precedent this sets.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Apr 16th, 2020 at 12:52 PM

Old Post Apr 16th, 2020 12:48 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Tbh I was kinda disappointed with it once I finished, it seemed to lack something RE2 had.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2020 08:55 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Tbh Nemesis on Nightmare without shop items is cheap as phuck.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2020 03:29 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Capcom made an...interesting change...to Neme's lore.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...resident-evil-4

Knowing now Capcom retconned Nemesis' parasite as an artificial Las Plagas, this cements what I feared that the devs legit rushed to get this out of the way for the next remake, using RE3 as promo. They did my boy dirty!

Last edited by Nemesis X on May 15th, 2020 at 11:44 PM

Old Post May 15th, 2020 11:31 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Remake Nemesis: Here’s a sneak peek of the plaga in the RE4 remake which you should anticipate next, because **** focusing on my game remake in making it as good as could be.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 16th, 2020 12:39 AM