KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Nyriss vs. Meetra Surik

Nyriss vs. Meetra Surik
Started by: The Ellimist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Nyriss vs. Meetra Surik

Some people believe that Meetra is weaker in the novel due to losing her Force wound.

Who wins this on neutral ground?

Old Post Dec 9th, 2018 01:16 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CuckedCurry

Meetra probs

Old Post Dec 9th, 2018 01:19 PM
Click here to Send CuckedCurry a Private Message Find more posts by CuckedCurry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Surik lmao

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2018 04:04 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Selenial
Surik lmao

Could you elaborate on your case for Meetra being depowered in the novel?

Old Post Dec 9th, 2018 05:22 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Yeah, any indication of that in the novel, I did not see. And read it only a few days ago, I did.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2018 05:24 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Originally posted by The Ellimist
Could you elaborate on your case for Meetra being depowered in the novel?

Help a pal out, what do you not see the evidence for? Her losing her wound, losing the wound meaning she's less powerful, or the debilitating effect Dromund Kaas has on Jedi?

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2018 05:30 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

BTW, got the quote for Malachor > Kaas as a nexus, do you? See it in the novel, I did not either.

Of Meetra losing her wound, what indication is there?

Old Post Dec 9th, 2018 05:31 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Have I ever claimed Malachor > Kaas? Not saying it’s wrong, just don’t remember it.

But very well, gimme 5 to cobble a post together I’ve been busy with one on Nihilus.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2018 05:37 PM
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Originally posted by Azronger
Of Meetra losing her wound, what indication is there?

A comparison.

I'll start this off by saying, I'm usually fond of the phrase 'absence of evidence is not evidence of absence'. The quotes I'm about to post make no mention of a wound, it's true, but strike so massively against any possibility of a wound that their writing is proof of the lack of her wound.

Here is the description of Meetra with her wound:

quote:
Zez-Kai Ell: 'You were correct Kavar. When she was here, I felt it. It was as if she was not there, more like an echo.'
Lonna Vash: 'The dark side is not what I sensed in the exile. Suely the rest of you felt it as well. That emptiness we felt… she has changed.'
Atris: 'You saw it in her walk, and in the Force. It was as if she was already dead.'

quote:
Vrook: "When you returned to us, we saw what had happened. You carry all those deaths at Malachor within you, and it has left a hole, a hunger that cannot be filled."
Kavar: "In you, we saw a wound in the Force."
Zez-Kai Ell: "In you, we saw the end of the Force."

quote:
Vrook: "You transmit your pain, your suffering through the Force. Within you, we see something worse than merely the teaching of the Sith. What you carry may mean the death of the Force... and the death of the Jedi."

quote:
Exile: "But I can feel Force, strongly."
Vrook: "So you think. It is not the strength of a Jedi you feel."
Zez-Kai Ell: "He's right. It's... all the deaths you've caused to get here. You feed on it, and you grow stronger. You're like Malachor... it's in you, it's what you are now. You must have noticed as you've fought across all these planets, killing hundreds, only to grow more and more powerful. Why do you think that was?"

Compare that to the following descriptions of the Exile by Scourge and Revan:

quote:
"I was told you had been cut off from the Force, but I can sense its power in you. I always knew you had great potential, but you have become far greater than I could ever have imagined."

quote:
‘She wasn’t afraid to kill, but he sensed she took no real pleasure in it. Instead of feeding off her anger and hate, it was as if she kept her emotions at arm’s length so the Force could flow through her unhindered.’

‘You walk the path of the light; I have chosen to follow the dark side. But we both know the horrors of Nathema are a blight upon the galaxy.’

Where the Jedi sensed a similar phenomena to Malachor (note: a planet that like Nathema, drained the force from those who walked on its surface), yet Scourge sensed a pure channeling of the Light Side, and felt nothing similar to Nathema that would turn him from working with her.

I know Karpyshyn doesn't mention the wound, but every description of her completely eradicates the possibility of a wound anyway.

For what it's worth, when asked whether she was still a wound, he replied that he liked to let his work speak for itself and that the answer would be in there somewhere.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2018 07:04 PM
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Nyriss, yeah.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2018 08:37 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I'm game for a Meetra wound discussion after finals.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Dec 9th, 2018 09:20 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Nyriss already won
At least give Meetra Bane

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Dec 9th, 2018 11:17 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Durron
Restricted

Account Restricted

selenial really makes a good point here, even if drew didn't want her depowered, and just didn't know what kotor 2 was about, which probably happened

Old Post Dec 16th, 2018 04:16 PM
Click here to Send Durron a Private Message Find more posts by Durron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote