KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » CW Superman vs. IW Thor

CW Superman vs. IW Thor
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I'm actually behind a few episodes this season. It hasn't really held my attention like the other shows have. But she has actually become more consistent in recent times, from what I can recall. She even remembers to use her super speed in combat a lot more regularly.

But eh, as I said, Superman doesn't actually have that much in the way of feats himself yet. So, going to wait for the crossover to conclude before commenting further.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2018 04:37 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Silent Master
Deathstroke has gone toe to toe with the Flash before

*Shakes fist at whoever wrote Identity Crisis*

Old Post Dec 12th, 2018 04:15 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

As of Elseworlds, IW Thor takes this

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 12th, 2018 08:42 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Based on his actual feats from Elseworlds, Thor. Based on him being the same Clark from Smallville, Superman.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2018 03:03 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I think that was just a little easter egg for the fans of that show. I don't think it was meant to imply he was Smallville Superman. I could very well be wrong though, but I would wait for an official confirmation that this is indeed the case before using it in Versus threads.

Based on feats? Thor wins. We'd have to use a massive amount of scaling and assumptions for Clark to win here.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2018 03:55 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WolvesofBabylon
Welcome to the machine

Its obvious CW is going with Supergirl>Superman. Thor wins this

Old Post Dec 17th, 2018 03:56 PM
WolvesofBabylon is currently offline Click here to Send WolvesofBabylon a Private Message Find more posts by WolvesofBabylon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I think that was just a little easter egg for the fans of that show. I don't think it was meant to imply he was Smallville Superman. I could very well be wrong though, but I would wait for an official confirmation that this is indeed the case before using it in Versus threads.

Based on feats? Thor wins. We'd have to use a massive amount of scaling and assumptions for Clark to win here.

You are wrong. smile

They used the same theme music, farm house as smallville.

He is just the continuation of smallville. They also made it pretty clear from the beginning of Supergirl

Old Post Dec 17th, 2018 04:38 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by BrolyBlack
You are wrong. smile

He is just the continuation of smallville. They also made it pretty clear from the beginning of Supergirl

That is what is referred to as an easter egg or reference. It could also simply mean that the Smallville Universe is part of the CW multiverse (considering there are at least 90 separate Earths), and that both Clarks grew up on the same farm but on alternate Earths. Even though there are variations, a lot of Earths also have a lot in common. For example, the Earth 90 Green Arrow's costume (who is shown as one of the fallen heroes of Earth 90) matches Smallville Green Arrow's.

This article describes it as a "homage" and "nostalgic easter egg". And these are the words of the showrunners themselves.

https://www.etonline.com/supergirl-...rossover-115428

Old Post Dec 17th, 2018 05:09 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by BrolyBlack
You are wrong. smile

shame TI.. shame.....

Originally posted by WolvesofBabylon
Its obvious CW is going with Supergirl>Superman. Thor wins this

yea CW Clark is nothing but a jobber

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 17th, 2018 06:57 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
That is what is referred to as an easter egg or reference. It could also simply mean that the Smallville Universe is part of the CW multiverse (considering there are at least 90 separate Earths), and that both Clarks grew up on the same farm but on alternate Earths. Even though there are variations, a lot of Earths also have a lot in common. For example, the Earth 90 Green Arrow's costume (who is shown as one of the fallen heroes of Earth 90) matches Smallville Green Arrow's.

This article describes it as a "homage" and "nostalgic easter egg". And these are the words of the showrunners themselves.

https://www.etonline.com/supergirl-...rossover-115428

I guess its possible.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2018 07:02 PM
Darth Thor

Smallville Superman has a completely different Kara and Martian Manhunter. So no, CW Superman is not Smallville Superman.

Besides They would have just gotten Tom Welling to play him if that was their intention. And would not have gotten Smallville Lois to be Karas mum lol

Old Post Dec 18th, 2018 11:19 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Tom said he is done being Clark. He would never do it

Old Post Dec 19th, 2018 02:00 AM
Darth Thor

Until he gets offered more money.

They would at least get someone who somewhat looks like him.

Besides as already mentioned continuity doesnt match. Like at all.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2018 08:54 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Based on how he looked on Lucifer, Tom doesn't really have the looks for Superman anymore. He's too old at this point, IMO. He could definitely play his dad though (either of them).

Old Post Dec 19th, 2018 10:16 AM
Darth Thor

^ Fair point. But again too many continuity differences.

It's like Into the Spider Verse made several references to actual event which happened in the Tobey Maguire Spider-Man films.

But he's clearly not the Tobey Spider-Man given he has man made web shooters and Tobeys were biological.

And that was actual events and happenings from those films directly referenced. This was just the theme song. Clearly nothing more than an Easter Egg.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2018 02:11 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I wasn't saying he was any role right now. I mean that's the role I could see him playing if he ever does get involved in any Superman kind of show in some capacity again. I could see him playing either Jor-El or Jonathan Kent.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2018 02:14 PM
Darth Thor

Oh yeah definitely. Like Smallvilles Lois plays Karas deceased Mum.

They like bringing the oldies back.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2018 03:14 PM