KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Badlands: Baron Quinn vs Gaius Chau

Badlands: Baron Quinn vs Gaius Chau
Started by: TheVaultDweller

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Badlands: Baron Quinn vs Gaius Chau

(please log in to view the image)

vs

(please log in to view the image)

On one side, we have one of a very small, select group of people who have actually knocked Sunny out in a one-on-one fight.
On the other side, we have, along with Sunny, the only other fighter in the show to last any notable length of time against a bloodlusted Dark One.

- Gaius gets a sword and two daggers.
- Quinn gets a sword and two sai.
- Fight takes place in Quinn's bunker.
- Opponents start 10 feet apart.

Who wins?

Old Post Dec 11th, 2018 03:08 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Great fight but I'm giving it to Gaius. Stated to be one of the best fighters and shown. Plus Quinn's victories over Sunny were always with some sort of help and he got beaten by Sunny at his absolute worst iirc.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2018 03:19 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Quinn and Sunny only fought once. And Quinn technically KO'd Sunny, who only managed to make a comeback because Quinn decided to go after Veil instead. He was out for a full 30 seconds while Quinn monologue'd to Veil.

Now, Sunny had already seen some action, so was definitely not 100%. But, at the same time, Quinn had a brain tumour larger than a golf ball at that point. And it was confirmed in one of his hallucination conversations with his dead son that he was still suffering from head pain. So, while Quinn was in better shape than Sunny for that fight, he also wasn't at his best.

I could still see Gaius winning though. Because, despite not having been around long, he's already racked up a bunch of impressive feats, like doing well against bloodlusted Castor, fodderizing several clippers, stomping his sister's regent. And all done after having spent over a year as a prisoner, living in crappy conditions.

Either way, I think it would be an awesome fight.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Dec 11th, 2018 at 03:31 PM

Old Post Dec 11th, 2018 03:26 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Yeah Quinn had severe headaches but iirc it had no effect on his stats aside from the hallucinations. And the Sunny he knocked out had been hit by multiple flaming crossbow bolts, fought 2 dozen or so men and took some cuts as well as being exploded all to fight Quinn with no rest in between.

Thats like if Joe Frazier knocked out Ali but we find out Ali had been stabbed a few times before the fight and hit upside the head with a pipe. Whie Frazier was suffering from severe brainfreeze.

Last edited by KingD19 on Dec 11th, 2018 at 04:39 PM

Old Post Dec 11th, 2018 04:35 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Eh, when a guy is at a point where he has conversations with his dead son and has to down weird green concoctions and smoke opium to be somewhat functional, he's clearly not at his best.

Also, Sunny didn't exactly fight the clippers on his own. Bajie accounted for a lot of them himself.

Don't get me wrong. I think Sunny would take a win at 100% fitness against current Quinn without tumour pains, but the fact is that we've seen Sunny stomp tons of people while in a similar conditions before. Quinn knocking his ass out and only losing to the heroic second wind trope is still impressive.

Not to mention, some other feats for him include stomping the Widow quicker than Sunny did, taking a Regent and his 4 guards as his first kills, as well as the fact that no one other than Sunny, Jacobee or the Widow have actually lasted more than 3 blow exchange with him onscreen and lived.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Dec 11th, 2018 at 04:44 PM

Old Post Dec 11th, 2018 04:40 PM
KingD19

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Eh, when a guy is at a point where he has conversations with his dead son and has to down weird green concoctions and smoke opium to be somewhat functional, he's clearly not at his best.

Mentally no not at all. But they showed nothing to make it seem like Quinn was suffering physically aside from the head pain and hallucinations. Neither Veil's parents from their initial inspection nor Veil over multiple check-ups noted anything other than the tumor messing up his head.

I'm sure we would have had some notice against Sunny. Because Quinn seemed to have no issues aside from the tumor the entire fight. And against Sunny who is still hands down the best fighter in the series, a physical handicap would have been apparent. Instead we see Sunny get arguably the hardest 1v1 fight he's had, under the circumstances.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2018 04:43 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KingD19
Mentally no not at all. But they showed nothing to make it seem like Quinn was suffering physically aside from the head pain and hallucinations. Neither Veil's parents from their initial inspection nor Veil over multiple check-ups noted anything other than the tumor messing up his head.

I'm sure we would have had some notice against Sunny. Because Quinn seemed to have no issues aside from the tumor the entire fight. And against Sunny who is still hands down the best fighter in the series, a physical handicap would have been apparent. Instead we see Sunny get arguably the hardest 1v1 fight he's had, under the circumstances.

Except the hallucination conversations he had with Ryder did imply that he was getting weaker. Ryder still used it to taunt him. The guy literally had late stage brain cancer, and was receiving the barest, most rudimentary treatment for it. Do you know what that does to someone's body?

Of course they didn't. Quinn killed her parents pretty much immediately after the diagnosis. And Veil was lying to him and hiding his x-rays from him.

And not really. As you said, Sunny was not 100% either. And Quinn had been the big bad of the Badlands for decades for a reason. So, based on his other feats, I don't see why a below peak Quinn >= even more below peak Sunny, while peak Sunny is still > peak Quinn, if that makes sense. I am still acknowledging that Quinn was in fact in better shape than Sunny, and that it likely did aid him. Just that he was not at 100% either.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2018 05:07 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

On a random note, and at the risk of derailing my own thread, I wonder if Pilgrim could shut down the Master. They're easily the two most powerful characters in the show, as things stand, but I am curious how they actually stack up to each other. The Master would be vastly more experienced in the Gift (according to Bajie, she is pushing 135, in terms of age), whereas Pilgrim just got Henry's Gift. But his nullification ability is a wild card.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2018 06:08 PM
KingD19

Yeah she's vastly more powerful and skilled of a Dark One, buy we dont know if that makes her resistant or immune to Pilgrim's manipulation. He and Sunny seem to be irregularities though, only Sunny got a severely short straw. Pilgrim got all the powers, the visions, Plus dark one powers now.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2018 07:03 PM
SquallX

Didnnew episode come out? The last one I saw was episode 8 when Sunnynand Pilgrim finally met.

I would give this fight to Quinn. He wasn’t considered the best Clipper and Regent for nothing.

All the other Regents feared him not only because he had Sunny, but because of his own reputation as a Clipper first.

Also, Val Death was stupid writing. I saw her death a mile away.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2018 10:03 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Nah, no new episodes yet. sad

Because of all the costumes, sets etc. they have to build, as well as all the rehearsal they have to do for some of the fights, this show takes rather long to film.

And Veil's death was mainly plot setup for season 3, I feel.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2018 01:38 AM