KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Triple Frontier

Triple Frontier
Started by: Robtard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jaden_2.0
Awful

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Funny...there's another movie on Netflix called Triple 9 starring Casey Affleck.

If you read the plot description, it's literally the same.
Triple Frontier is about ex-mercs & Triple 9 is about corrupt cops both with similar story lines.

Triple 9 had great potential and a tremendous cast. Unfortunately never lived up to it. Came out a few months after Sicario and I hoped for something of equal quality. It wasn't. End of Watch was better.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2019 11:18 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
It was pretty formulaic. The characters where mostly one-dimensional. Action was pretty standard fair. Overall just an okay action flick.

Not something I'd pay for on its own, but since it's on Netflix and you're already paying for the service, check it out one lazy Sunday afternoon.

I watched this last night and thought it was really good actually. A little too good in a sense, because it was so anxiety-producing.. heh. It was too much for my wife to handle.. she started playing with her phone after the first act.. haha

I mean, I think by the end the character were somewhat changed. You're too harsh, 'tard. The movie is good. Not necessarily something I'd want to watch again, but it was really good.

The song "Money" by Pink Floyd comes to mind... smokin'

Old Post Apr 1st, 2019 01:51 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Oliver Brown
Restricted

Account Restricted

Triple Frontier features impeccable photography, strong acting, and well-staged action scenes that ooze tension.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2019 11:55 AM
Oliver Brown is currently offline Click here to Send Oliver Brown a Private Message Find more posts by Oliver Brown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

^ Agree.. I thought this was a surprisingly good film.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2019 12:06 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Oliver Brown
Restricted

Account Restricted

There are some zippy chase scenes and shootouts, and tension throughout. But the characters - especially the lethargic Affleck - make for more of a C-Team than an A-Team.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2019 12:12 PM
Oliver Brown is currently offline Click here to Send Oliver Brown a Private Message Find more posts by Oliver Brown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote