KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » Legendary SSJ Broly vs MUI Goku and Jiren

Legendary SSJ Broly vs MUI Goku and Jiren
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

Legendary SSJ Broly vs MUI Goku and Jiren

If Broly is possibly stronger then Beerus, and Goku and Jiren are probably just a bit weaker, how does this 2 on 1 go?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2018 05:40 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Really depends how literally we take Goku's statement that Broly is "probably" stronger than Beerus.

If we take it at face value, then: FPSSJ Broly > Beerus > MUI Goku > FP Jiren. In which case Broly should win.

If we don't accept Goku's statement as fact, then toss a coin. /shrug

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Dec 17th, 2018 10:46 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

The only reason we have to believe that MUI and Jiren are below Beerus is the quote stating Goku is approaching the level of the Gods, which imho is obviously within the context of the movie and not referring to MUI, especially when we KNOW factually that the likes of Jiren are on par with or surpassing the level of the Gods. People also believe the quote is referring to MUI because it says Vegeta is far behind and “desperately trying to catch up,” but that was a poor translation. The accurate translation more or less states that Vegeta is right behind Goku, not vastly behind, which to me is the usual comparison of their abilities and not a comparison involving MUI, given we now know that [SPOILER - highlight to read]: MUI isn’t even in the movie, and the quote is in the context of the movie.

Beerus claims 129 MUI is possibly stronger than him, and that’s the same MUI that got thoroughly overpowered by LB Jiren, who was subsequently overpowered by a further amped MUI. Furthermore, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Goku never states Broly is the strongest enemy he’s ever faced AFAIK, he just comments that Broly is far stronger than himself, and probably stronger than Lord Beerus.

It’s honestly next to impossible to prove with any certainty that Broly is above Jiren or MUI, so I think both of them together can handle Broly.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Dec 18th, 2018 03:25 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is currently offline Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

No concrete evidence at this point suggests that MUI Goku is > Beerus. The only legitimate/canon evidence we have suggests the exact opposite, in fact.

And the Director's quote must have been referring to MUI, given that SSB Goku and SSB Vegeta have been most consistently portrayed as equals(in both the manga and anime.) MUI is really the only thing that puts Goku above Vegeta these days.

That said, I think MUI is really close to Beerus, but I think Beerus would ultimately nudge it out.

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 19th, 2018 at 10:48 AM

Old Post Dec 18th, 2018 03:48 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

I know Broly happens post ToP, but the way so much emphasis was placed on the basic god and blue transformations made it seem like this was sometime before that.

Plus Vegeta didn't even use his advanced form, did he? Just regular blue.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2018 03:54 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Both Goku and Vegeta just used their regular SSB forms. No KK or SSBE.

Given Toriyama's direct involvement with this film, I think it was geared more toward manga continuity, tbh. That would certainly explain why those forms weren't used here -- they were mostly Toei inventions.

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 18th, 2018 at 04:05 PM

Old Post Dec 18th, 2018 03:59 PM
cdtm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Both Goku and Vegeta just used their regular SSB forms. No KK or SSBE.

Given Toriyama's direct involvement with this film, I think it was geared more toward manga continuity, tbh... That would certainly explain why those forms weren't used here.

The advanced forms existed in manga, though. Vegeta had that funky super blue he pulled out against Toppo, and bull rushed Jiren with. And Goku technically achieved a Super Kaioken like form, according to Whis.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2018 04:06 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Vegeta's boost wasn't a different transformation in the manga, though -- it was just a zenkai'd/powered-up SSB. And Goku briefly tried to stack KK on top of SSB in the manga, but quickly realized it was all but worthless in a battle because of the physical toll it took on his body.

Obviously this is a sharp contrast to the...'additions' Toei made in the anime, wherein Goku routinely stacked KKx20 on top of SSB, and Vegeta actually gained a completely new transformation in SSBE(of which made him equal to KKx20.) /shrug

Old Post Dec 18th, 2018 04:15 PM
cdtm

Ah, that was a zenkai boost? Thought those were done with, good to see they're very much a thing.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2018 04:20 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Oh yeah.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 18th, 2018 04:22 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Given how SSJ Broly demolished Goku and Vegeta under like 20 seconds I dont think using KKx20 and evolution would have helped them much...

Bankai.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2018 05:40 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

No way. Even if Freeza joined in, team work can only get you so far against overwheming power. Broly isn't Kale. (Points to the movie for not mentioning Kale.)

Old Post Dec 18th, 2018 06:09 PM
cdtm

As far as Broly's power goes, could he beat a fully mastered MUI that never tired out?

Trunks was stronger then Perfect Cell. Enough to one shot him, probably. He never had chance of actually tagging him.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2018 08:32 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by cdtm
As far as Broly's power goes, could he beat a fully mastered MUI that never tired out?

Trunks was stronger then Perfect Cell. Enough to one shot him, probably. He never had chance of actually tagging him.
I mean, if Goku had infinite stamina(ala #17), then he'd ultimately win through attrition, I guess. But in a standard battle it's been proven in both the anime and manga that if you're at least close to the MUI-user's level, you can overcome its 'untouchability' factor.

USSJ Trunks was only stronger than an immensely suppressed Perfect Cell, but that's neither here nor there. Trunks couldn't hit Cell because he was bulky and slow -- Broly's speed is not hindered in any way.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2018 08:42 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Imo it would depend how fast can Broly grow in power might sound fanboyish but I could see him become stronger then UI.

Bankai.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2018 09:10 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Not fanboyish at all, given the astronomical gains Broly made in this film.

In just a few hours, Broly went from Freeza-henchman-level to many, many times beyond SSB-level, and showed no real signs of slowing down. This was his first true fight ever and look what he was able to accomplish.

Jfc.

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 18th, 2018 at 09:58 PM

Old Post Dec 18th, 2018 09:32 PM
Inedian

Team wins.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2018 07:15 AM
Inedian is currently offline Click here to Send Inedian a Private Message Find more posts by Inedian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Inedian
Team wins.

I'm undecided, honestly.

Like Galan said, it really depends on how you take the comments made in the movie. If he's stronger then Beerus (Or any lifeform alive, like Freeza said), then that means MUI loses.

Have we ever even seen a full power, going all out Beerus?

In the manga, when the God of Destruction tourney happened, maybe. But does that apply to this movie, and to Goku's comment?

Old Post Dec 19th, 2018 04:38 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Well Frieza witnessed the battle between MUI Goku and Jiren and he still said that...so there is that..

Bankai.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2018 04:43 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by cdtm
Like Galan said, it really depends on how you take the comments made in the movie. If he's stronger then Beerus (Or any lifeform alive, like Freeza said), then that means MUI loses.

Have we ever even seen a full power, going all out Beerus?

In the manga, when the God of Destruction tourney happened, maybe. But does that apply to this movie, and to Goku's comment?
As mentioned, I think this movie is more rooted in manga canon -- from Vegeta using SSG(and Goku not being the least bit surprised by it), to the lack of KK and SSBE, etc. That said, the *only* time we've seen Beerus really cut loose was in the manga, when he outfought all of the other GoDs simultaneously -- and Goku witnessed that battle, so he would have it as a benchmark by which to compare Broly.

Anywho, if we take Freeza's statement from the light novel literally, then it puts Broly above FP Jiren at the very least. Don't know for sure if Freeza can sense Godly ki, but he could definitely sense Jiren's ki:
https://i.imgur.com/PMve4F9.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/nvYPWXx.jpg

...And remember, Freeza was referring to normal SSJ Broly's power when he claimed him the strongest in the novel(ie. this was before Broly had attained his vastly more powerful FPSSJ state.) Couple that with all of the other promo material citing Broly as the most powerful being they had ever fought(along with established DB-logic, which dictates that each new major enemy must be the most powerful), and it makes sense that FPSSJ Broly was beyond the likes of Beerus, MUI Goku, and Jiren.

Not saying it is 100% irrefutable, just that it shouldn't be a surprise for people to think Broly was operating at such a level. /shrug

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 19th, 2018 at 05:12 PM

Old Post Dec 19th, 2018 05:00 PM