KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » CaV: HP Legend (Count Dooku) vs Meatpants (Darth Traya)

CaV: HP Legend (Count Dooku) vs Meatpants (Darth Traya)
Started by: HP Legend

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarthCaedus77

Predictable, but short and sweet. Nice work Bro.

"We stand on a tipping point where we can choose chaos, or order"
-Jacen Solo

Old Post Dec 20th, 2018 10:55 PM
Click here to Send DarthCaedus77 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthCaedus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

quote: (post)
Originally posted by HP Legend
Just realised there's quite a few typos in my post which I can't edit because of KMC's editing system. Oh well.
Don’t Fretm they aren’t noticeable.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2018 11:00 PM
Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Nice, but sweet and short. Predictable work Bro.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2018 11:04 PM
Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Man that argument just collapses in on itself entirely.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2018 11:27 PM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HP Legend

Originally posted by AncientPower
Man that argument just collapses in on itself entirely.

PM me your problems with it.

"You were weak when I found you. I did not expect you to survive your training. But now, your hatred has become your strength. At last, the dark side is your ally. "

Old Post Dec 20th, 2018 11:31 PM
Click here to Send HP Legend a Private Message Find more posts by HP Legend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthCaedus77

Asking AP for logic is like asking God to die against a human. Doesn't happen.

-Jacen Solo

Old Post Dec 20th, 2018 11:39 PM
Click here to Send DarthCaedus77 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthCaedus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Meatpants

I knew there was a high chance you were going to try the Nyriss scaling.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 12:11 AM
Click here to Send Meatpants a Private Message Find more posts by Meatpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Yeah, and he completely failed to understand the context. A pity, truly.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 12:41 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Originally posted by DarthCaedus77
Asking AP for logic is like asking God to die against a human. Doesn't happen.

Coming from a Caedus wanker. laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 12:42 AM
TheMuser

Tbh I support AP's goals, just question his methods.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 02:13 AM
Click here to Send TheMuser a Private Message Find more posts by TheMuser Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Meatpants

Your chain really breaks down with Nyriss, because she was on an extremely potent DS Nexus that was strong enough to make FOTJ Luke and Jaina have a tough fight against six relatively unimportant combatants. This means Surik's power would have been *heavily* gimped here, and Nyriss' amped, so we can't establish Nyriss > Surik since Nyriss experienced an insane amp from the planet. Even in this state, Surik was able to prevent the lightning from actually hitting her with a quick barrier defense, but was still forced back. We simply don't know how Nyriss does against Surik without the extremely potent amp from Dromund Kaas, but it definitely would have been more equal considering that Surik was able to form a quick barrier defense against lightning that could turn armoured guards into charred husks.

On top of that, Dooku's own lightning feats aren't really impressive.

Now this would be great if you could actually scale Traya to The Exile which you can't because the latter killed her while on a Dark Side Nexus after depleting her Force Reserves while fighting through an army of Sith assasins which you actually made note of here. There is no way to scale any of Meetra's showings to Traya because they're not comparable in the slightest.

Traya scales off Surik because she's explicitly stated by an OOU source as being more powerful than the exile by the time they face each other in the Trayus academy core. That means Traya is more powerful in the Force than Surik, who's mentioned by Canderous as having a parity to redeemed Revan, who is > SF Malak and therefore also > Exar Kun if you follow that quote. Surik wins due to her superior combat skills, not power in the Force.

Although scaling is important, feats and combative ability also matter. Traya is > Dooku in combative feats and potential abilities during a fight, most notably teleporting and shatterpoint, both of which would throw an unprepped Dooku totally off-guard, imo. In terms of overall power, I'll reiterate that the Sith of the triumvirate, or rather the converted Jedi from the Mandalorian Wars are implied to be >/= to PT-era Jedi in terms of overall combative abilities, since they had to train heavily to face other force sensitives on a regular basis, and many had tonnes of experience in that area. It's also implied that Traya won her position as head of the Sith through her skill with the blade, no small feat against elite Dark Jedi and Sith who had killed well over ten Jedi in single combat.

I feel like that's all I need to address at this point. smile

Last edited by Meatpants on Dec 21st, 2018 at 02:54 PM

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 02:42 PM
Click here to Send Meatpants a Private Message Find more posts by Meatpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord GOAT
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Meatpants
she was on an extremely potent DS Nexus that was strong enough to make FOTJ Luke and Jaina have a tough fight against six relatively unimportant combatants.

Hardly a tough fight.

Other than that, nice job.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 02:50 PM
Click here to Send Lord GOAT a Private Message Find more posts by Lord GOAT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HP Legend

Yeah, and he completely failed to understand the context. A pity, truly.

Oh look at that AP continues to shitpost despite me asking it to PM me it's issues with my post. Too scared to PM because there is no context. Not surprising at all.

"You were weak when I found you. I did not expect you to survive your training. But now, your hatred has become your strength. At last, the dark side is your ally. "

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 03:16 PM
Click here to Send HP Legend a Private Message Find more posts by HP Legend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HP Legend

Also my reply should be up this weekend but after that replies will take significantly longer what with me visiting family over Christmas and New Year and all.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 03:20 PM
Meatpants

That's cool. I'm trying to keep the flow of the debate on one subject at a time instead of branching out into ten different lines of arguments and making a huge mess.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 03:23 PM
DarthCaedus77

Coming from a Caedus wanker. laughing out loud

You were once a Caedus wanker yourself AP and wanking Kun is arguably far worse.

And you took the bait as usual. Jesus, prove that you can leave it alone lol.

-Jacen Solo

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 03:25 PM
Selenial
I Choose Violence

I do actually wonder if HP read Meatpants’ post.

AP’s right by the way you’re creating a very weak foundation here...

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 07:41 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HP Legend

sad

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 08:00 PM
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Don’t worry that wasn’t supposed to be an insult, just a warning. I’d be happy to explain why but I’m not sure if that constitutes interference. Meatpants has done a good job of starting it off anyway.

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 09:09 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HP Legend

We can discuss it over Discord or in a PM so it doesn't interfere. I don't really mind which tbh.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2018 09:19 PM