KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Comic Book Questions & Discussion

Comic Book Questions & Discussion
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (1729): « First ... « 1050 1051 [1052] 1053 1054 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkSaint85

Isn't Kingpin currently mayor of NYC? Sounds like the criminals are definitely intimidated thumb up

Old Post Feb 27th, 2021 04:37 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

we need to rekindle the comic book tier list, it's such a good list but it could be even better

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...30#post17397192

Old Post Feb 27th, 2021 10:03 PM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Maybe you want to be a Marvel fan, but you lack the elementary knowledge on the subject.

Nice burn. Props

Old Post Feb 28th, 2021 03:41 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordGod
The One

Is DCAU stuff canon to the comic book version of Mxy?

Old Post Mar 1st, 2021 03:02 PM
LordGod is currently offline Click here to Send LordGod a Private Message Find more posts by LordGod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Indeed.

Originally posted by Galan007
It's the SAME Mxy across ALL incarnations and media. I could go into the older evidence, but there's no need.

It was directly shown/mentioned on panel here:
(please log in to view the image)

And Dan Jurgens himself then drove that point home beyond all reasonable doubt here:
https://comicsalliance.com/superman...sive-interview/

Mxy is Mxy, as they say.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Mar 1st, 2021 03:20 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordGod
The One

So if I watch one of the old Superman or Justic League cartoons, the Mxy who appears in them is basically comic book Mxy? Same with the DCAU comics?

Old Post Mar 1st, 2021 03:31 PM
LordGod is currently offline Click here to Send LordGod a Private Message Find more posts by LordGod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

And if you write erotic fanfiction with yourself, a gallon tub of mayo, some fire ants and Mxy, that is also canon to Mxy.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2021 03:36 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Not "basically". It IS the same Mxy... There is only one Mxy across ALL forms of [officially licensed] media.

Comic books, novels, cartoons, video games, toys, etc... It's all the same guy.

It's really nothing new, btw. I've been saying that there aren't different versions of Mxy for over a decade now... AC #975/Jurgens just explicitly confirmed it to the point where even the majority of naysaying moe-rons can no longer argue the fact.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2021 03:41 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordGod
The One

Ok I see what you're saying. It's just hard to wrap my head around lol.

On another note, do you think the recent reboot caused by the events of Death Metal might have rebooted Mxy as well?

Old Post Mar 1st, 2021 04:09 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Doubt it. Wasn't the first company reboot that Mxy has witnessed, and it certainly won't be the last.

You have to keep in mind that multiversal/omniversal shenanigans are so far beneath Mxy that it's hard to fully comprehend. From his perspective it's like watching a bunch of paramecia swimming around in a petri dish(the paramecia = everyone/thing within the mainstream multiverse [inc. it's higher realms], and the petri dish = the entire multiversal superstructure.) The sheer depth and scale of 5th dimensional beings is truly staggering.

That said, the only way I could see Mxy being affected by the events of Death Metal is if it were revealed that Darkest Night/Perpetua/The Hands somehow rewrote or restructured the metafictional process of "imagination" as it pertains to the world of comics(which is essentially what fuels Mxy.) However, the very premise of imagination transcends 'the fictional' and bridges into 'the real'... As Mxy explained/demonstrated here:
https://ibb.co/Jjbz1sw

The fundamental concept of imagination is about as meta as it gets... Pretty hard to properly muck with something like that. /shrug

Old Post Mar 1st, 2021 05:15 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Darkseid kills entire Quintessence including Spectre and Phantom Stranger in Infinite Frontier 0

Absurd feat tbh.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2021 05:28 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

I'm....not sure how to feel about that. Any explanation?

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Mar 1st, 2021 05:48 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

absurd as in bad

this is like that one time old king thanos soloing LT and celestials

terrible idea

Old Post Mar 1st, 2021 05:49 PM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

This is the actual mainstream characters so it's legit, unlike above.

That puts him as, well, the most powerful being in existence.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Mar 1st, 2021 05:50 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

it wouldn't be the most powerful at all

killing spectre and PS is nice and all

at least two handful of people can do that easily

Old Post Mar 1st, 2021 05:52 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I was just looking at some of the previews. Didn't see that spoiler, but jfc that's pretty next level.

Also, Dianna's god form...

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 1st, 2021 05:56 PM
AlbertoJohnAvil
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by abhilegend
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Darkseid kills entire Quintessence including Spectre and Phantom Stranger in Infinite Frontier 0

Absurd feat tbh.

laughing out loud Shows how fodder DC abstracts are, that's ****ing hilarious. Marvel will never let Jobberseid to a single thing to Eternity

Old Post Mar 1st, 2021 05:57 PM
AlbertoJohnAvil is currently offline Click here to Send AlbertoJohnAvil a Private Message Find more posts by AlbertoJohnAvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by MrMind
it wouldn't be the most powerful at all

killing spectre and PS is nice and all

at least two handful of people can do that easily

One is Superman, who is the other one?

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Mar 1st, 2021 06:00 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

Gods Sphere Wonder Woman is freaking gorgeous, breathtaking art

Old Post Mar 1st, 2021 06:00 PM
MrMind

Originally posted by Galan007
I was just looking at some of the previews. Didn't see that spoiler, but jfc that's pretty next level.

Also, Dianna's god form...

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

galan ninja'd me

Old Post Mar 1st, 2021 06:02 PM