KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker - Discussion Thread

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker - Discussion Thread
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (64): « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zenwolf

...Rey could be a clone from that hand! Boom! Rey is a Skywalker just as a clone.

Ive always thought she could be a clone of Luke or Anakin, and think that SHOULD be the case if shes not a direct descendant.

Originally posted by Zenwolf

Or Kylo takes the last name Skywalker after going through some kind of montage.

Thing is, even if he gets redeemed, hed be Ben Solo. So it wouldnt make any sense for the title to refer to him.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2019 10:59 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaveDude33211

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
Early teens are still considered children. Child and teenager are not mutually exclusive

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion

Teenagers are designated as being distinctly different from children.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2019 11:12 PM
Click here to Send CaveDude33211 a Private Message Find more posts by CaveDude33211 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaveDude33211

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Jesus...

There's a segment of the population that feels the need to defend their chosen franchise as "adult" or "art" or "definitely not made for kids, I teel you hwat", and my assumption is that these defenders are themselves adults who wince at the potential stigma imposed on them for spending so much of their time online talking about, arguing over, making YouTube videos on, or reacting like idiots to Star Wars stuff. So to avoid feeling like wastes of space who invest so much of their time and emotional energy into a piece of corporate fiction, and who substitute fandom for a personality, I imagine it'd behoove them to lie to themselves about the nature of their childish obsession---"it's not for little kids, it's for big bois like me!"

Unless you actually are a kid (and judging from your attempts at endearing yourself to others apropos nothing, I'd wager you are) and just want to feel like an adult. In which case... lol arguing over f*cking Star Wars is not the way to do it. I'm an adult and I want to feel younger, so I come here and b*tch about how the Star Wars in MY day was such and such better. But it doesn't really matter because it's not actually important.

Not defending anything, just stating facts.

I don't recognize your username or even your avatar, and have no clue who you are. That was a weird thing to say.

I actually still laugh about that time you referred to Vodo-Siosk Baas as a "very gifted retard"

I laugh about it once a week - still funny after all these years. smile

Old Post Apr 20th, 2019 11:13 PM
Click here to Send CaveDude33211 a Private Message Find more posts by CaveDude33211 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaveDude33211

A 2013 account, so probably not.

oh I didn't check. f**k if I know then

I'm very good at what I do. smile

Old Post Apr 20th, 2019 11:15 PM
CaveDude33211

Do you know Ellimist? He originally joined here in '08 as "Hewhoknowsall". He revealed years later through a sock account that he was only 12 at the time, and held a grudge against me for "not being nice to him". He talked like this guy is talking; coherently, but simplistically. And with a preoccupation on coming off as much older--the flattery from nowhere, the cringy attempt at being ribald, the sincerely strong opinions about something laughable. It stands out as an attempt at maturity and is quite see through.

Worse, I guess, if he actually IS a grown ass man who just comes off as a teenage child.

You've mistaken me for Rudy before, actually.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2019 11:17 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by CaveDude33211
Teenagers are designated as being distinctly different from children.

You have no evidence to prove your assertion that teenager and child are mutually exclusive. It's a ridiculous argument to make. believe what you want, thothumb up

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Last edited by Bashar Teg on Apr 20th, 2019 at 11:25 PM

Old Post Apr 20th, 2019 11:21 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaveDude33211

You have no evidence to prove your assertion that teenager and child are mutually exclusive. It's a ridiculous argument to make. believe what you want, thothumb up

It's in their very names.

Either Star Wars movies are for children, or they're for teenagers and adults.

With the aforementioned scenes from the movies shown, it's already proven to be the latter.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2019 11:33 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Either Star Wars movies are for children, or they're for teenagers and adults.

okay M8, have fun warping the english language to cope with something george lucas said about all the kid's fantasy movies that he made

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2019 11:41 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaveDude33211

okay M8, have fun warping the english language to cope with something george lucas said about all the kid's fantasy movies that he made

Warping implies I'd have to create multiple meanings for a single-word.

In this case, I'm pointing out the distinction of two similar, yet different things.

Apples and oranges are both fruit - but they aren't the same thing - hence the two different words for something that is a fruit.

Children and teenagers are defined as distinctly separate by their very names - no warping required.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2019 12:01 AM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

"Child - A young human being below the age of puberty or below the legal age of majority."

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/child

tell me about how only the cherry picked definition applies as the absolute definition, even though GL suggested otherwise by equating 12 year olds to children.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2019 12:09 AM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

*DP

Old Post Apr 21st, 2019 12:10 AM
CaveDude33211

or below the legal age of majority.

You're referring to legality - not biology, so your argument fails.

Biologically children and teenagers are two different things.

So Teenagers are literally not children.

George Lucas also never equated 12 year olds to children.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2019 12:25 AM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

You're referring to legality - not biology, so your argument fails.

movie rating systems are based on legality and children's psychological development; nothing relating to biology though. that's why we have PG-13 for older children and R for adults/18+. while the MPA recognizes the nuances of a child's psychological development (which you apparently don't), they draw the line at 18 years old for "adult" . or else an 11 year old kid could just walk into a theater by himself and see an eli roth film, simply by proving he has some hair on his balls. you seem desperate to change that fact. good luck.

Last edited by Bashar Teg on Apr 21st, 2019 at 12:51 AM

Old Post Apr 21st, 2019 12:48 AM
CaveDude33211

movie rating systems are based on legality and children's psychological development; nothing relating to biology though. that's why we have PG-13 for older children and R for adults/18+. while the MPA recognizes the nuances of a child's psychological development (which you apparently don't), they draw the line at 18 years old for "adult" . or else an 11 year old kid could just walk into a theater by himself and see an eli roth film, simply by proving he has some hair on his balls. you seem desperate to change that fact. good luck.

laughing laughing laughing Naw, your post is funny.

But seriously, that doesn't change anything.

Teenagers still aren't children and Lucas clearly made his films for teenagers and adults.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2019 01:11 AM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

12 year olds are not teenagers, but good luck changing that as well

"um it's actually twelveteen"

or would that be twoteen? twenteen? you tell me.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2019 01:17 AM
CaveDude33211

12 year olds are not teenagers, but good luck changing that as well

"um it's actually twelveteen"

or would that be twoteen? twenteen? you tell me.

12 is close enough to be a teenager - most boys and girls start to go through puberty at 12.

At 12 I was already shaving.

Puberty = teenager and not child.

Puberty is the very benchmark for not being a child anymore, biologically. smile

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 11:58 AM
atv2

It was good to finally see Episode 9's teaser trailer. The title really caught me and many of the viewers when they labeled it the Rise of Skywalker. There's been a lot of talk on them closing the Skywalker Saga and with this title it looks like they may go further into the Skywalkers. I like the back flip scene with Rey and tie fighter and Kylo tackling down the soldier. Kylo looks great and good to see the cross-guard lightsaber again. I'm looking forward to what's going to happen with Luke's return and I know the fans were shocked to the Emperor 's laugh at the end and to see Ian McDiarmid at the celebration. I'm looking forward to how they will bring back Palpatine.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 04:02 PM
Click here to Send atv2 a Private Message Find more posts by atv2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaveDude33211

Originally posted by atv2
It was good to finally see Episode 9's teaser trailer. The title really caught me and many of the viewers when they labeled it the Rise of Skywalker. There's been a lot of talk on them closing the Skywalker Saga and with this title it looks like they may go further into the Skywalkers. I like the back flip scene with Rey and tie fighter and Kylo tackling down the soldier. Kylo looks great and good to see the cross-guard lightsaber again. I'm looking forward to what's going to happen with Luke's return and I know the fans were shocked to the Emperor 's laugh at the end and to see Ian McDiarmid at the celebration. I'm looking forward to how they will bring back Palpatine.

I know that after purchasing the DVD for cheap at Goodwill, it will make for a very nice beer-coaster. smile

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 06:58 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

12 is close enough to be a teenager - most boys and girls start to go through puberty at 12.

At 12 I was already shaving.

Puberty = teenager and not child.

Puberty is the very benchmark for not being a child anymore, biologically. smile

some more mental gymnastics and 12 year old will mean adult. Keep working at it, you can do it thumb up

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 10:46 PM
CaveDude33211

some more mental gymnastics and 12 year old will mean adult. Keep working at it, you can do it thumb up

Nah, I've already won. cool

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2019 11:41 PM