KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker - Discussion Thread

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker - Discussion Thread
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (64): « First ... « 32 33 [34] 35 36 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Heh, I meant to make a thread about that but totally spaced it.

Like you said, the implication is that Mar-Mas Voor is who masterminded/engineered the Empire's rise to power after it was first established, and Palpatine just sort of f*cked it up on his own over the years with all his seedy villainy and whatnot. That's why she wants him dead in the series' current arc, lol:
https://i.imgur.com/ETh5UvX.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/V7Q0LX8.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/sNnjM5M.jpg

...It's basically just a trainwreck at this point. I have no clue what they're even trying to do with current canon at times, because they contradict themselves constantly.

*Didn't spoiler tag the above because the issue came out a few weeks ago.

It's not that stupid, when you think of it. Palps was really overdoing it.

Glad to know there was someone competent behind the scenes, I'm just disappointed to find out it was a woman.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2019 04:33 PM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Palps is a competent ruler though, in fact he is very competent.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2019 11:37 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Extremely so... Even in Disney canon.

That's why the aforementioned scene just reads as extremely inconsistent garbage to me.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 7th, 2019 at 12:25 AM

Old Post Oct 7th, 2019 12:23 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Extremely so... Even in Disney canon.

That's why the aforementioned scene just reads as extremely inconsistent garbage to me.

But everything in Disney is the same Canon so...

Hmm...it's all very strange. I mean yeah, no one should expect Palps running the whole Empire, but to say he's incompetent and people not liking him...doesn't really add up, the galaxy should love the guy since he brought the Clone Wars to an end, well in their minds.

Hmm...wonder what other potential rumors are about EP 9, might have to go look see..

Last edited by Zenwolf on Oct 7th, 2019 at 01:13 AM

Old Post Oct 7th, 2019 01:05 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Heh, I meant to make a thread about that but totally spaced it.

Like you said, the implication is that Mar-Mas Voor is who masterminded/engineered the Empire's rise to power after it was first established, and Palpatine just sort of f*cked it up on his own over the years with all his seedy villainy and whatnot. That's why she wants him dead in the series' current arc, lol:
https://i.imgur.com/ETh5UvX.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/V7Q0LX8.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/sNnjM5M.jpg

...It's basically just a trainwreck at this point. I have no clue what they're even trying to do with current canon at times, because they contradict themselves constantly.

*Didn't spoiler tag the above because the issue came out a few weeks ago.

THe fArCe iZ fEmAlE aLl tHe MeN R iNcOmPeTeNt.

I keep thinking it can't possibly get any worse. Silly me.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2019 03:45 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Trocity

I keep thinking it can't possibly get any worse. Silly me.

Honestly it’s kinda impressive at how worse this Canon seems to be going. Like you think it can’t get any worse and yet it just keeps going and going.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2019 05:35 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I'm worried that we haven't got much info about Rose Tico, one would think that after being stuffed into the plot she'd at least give a semblance of relevance for the third film... I feel cheated

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Oct 9th, 2019 02:54 PM
Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

According to the promo material, Rose has been promoted to a military commander as of RoS.

...So she'll be calling the shots from the frontline now, lmao.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2019 03:41 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

According to the promo material, Rose has been promoted to a military commander as of RoS.

...So she'll be calling the shots from the frontline now, lmao.

.......Uhhh.....what?

How does one go from a maintenance tech to a commander...in what sense does she have to be leading anything?

Old Post Oct 9th, 2019 03:45 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

"Rose has risen through the ranks from lowly engineering support crew, to military commander. She leads the Engineering Corps in making the necessary modifications to keep the Resistance's gear operational, as well as countering new advancements in First Order technology."

Why? Cuz female. thumb up

Old Post Oct 9th, 2019 03:48 PM
Zenwolf

"Rose has risen through the ranks from lowly engineering support crew, to military commander. She leads the Engineering Corps in making the necessary modifications to keep the Resistance's gear operational, as well as countering new advancements in First Order technology."

Oooohh...ok that description makes a bit more sense for her field....I guess...it still doesn't make a whole lot of sense given we haven't really seen her do much tech work. But I guess supplement material will fill in those gaps.

I thought you were meaning she was leading troops, that would be bad.

I mean this is still kinda outta nowhere, but it would have helped if the movie showed her doing some tinkering with tech.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2019 03:51 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

thumb up

That, and there was only like a small handful of Resistance troops left alive after the events of TLJ. I suppose they kind of had to throw one of the survivors a bone with a pity promotion, lol.

Still retarded, because Rose is an absolute pig of a character... But here we are.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2019 03:55 PM
Zenwolf

thumb up

That, and there was only like a small handful of Resistance troops left alive after the events of TLJ. I suppose they kind of had to throw one of the survivors a bone with a pity promotion, lol.

Still retarded, because Rose is an absolute pig of a character... But here we are.

Even despite though within the year, they've built up their forces again...but yeah it does seem kinda out there.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2019 04:17 PM
Bentley
Seitei

The Resistance has a terrible line of command from the looks of it...

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Oct 9th, 2019 06:27 PM
Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

So like in Hollywood, Rebels just kinda fail upwards?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 10th, 2019 12:11 AM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

laughing out loud

Exactly. thumb up

Old Post Oct 10th, 2019 12:31 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Old Post Oct 10th, 2019 10:42 AM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

final star wars trailer will be released on monday

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2019 09:09 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
final star wars trailer will be released on monday

My anus is not ready for it.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2019 08:19 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Your anus will never be as shitty as Rise of Skywalker is destined to be.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2019 06:01 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote