KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker - Discussion Thread

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker - Discussion Thread
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (64): « First ... « 33 34 [35] 36 37 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

people equating their inevitable disappointment with the final sw trailer to getting f*cked in the ass. these same people also hated the last 2 trilogy episodes. I can only conclude from this that they enjoy being f*cked in the ass.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2019 03:30 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I hated TFA?

News to me...

Old Post Oct 14th, 2019 08:53 PM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
I hated TFA?

Let the Hate Flow through You

Old Post Oct 14th, 2019 09:50 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

-

Old Post Oct 14th, 2019 10:03 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

When people say it is being released during Monday Night Football, it almost certainly won't be today. It's the Patriots vs the Jets next Monday, it's gonna be during that game for sure.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2019 10:04 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Oh man the suspense is like really killing me...

Old Post Oct 14th, 2019 10:16 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

I'm just anticipating this out of morbid curious

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2019 10:49 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

On a sort of unrelated...or maybe related note.

Just found out that the new Canon SW Galaxy....is like hella small compared to the old one with only 3.2 million habitable systems, like a drop of water in an ocean kinda deal.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 03:28 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mendax
Hand of God

interesting. Whats the source for that?

Also, how large was the Legends galaxy?

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 03:37 PM
Click here to Send Mendax a Private Message Find more posts by Mendax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Mendax
interesting. Whats the source for that?

Also, how large was the Legends galaxy?

It's from the visual encyclopedia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6ywkSerk60

About 12 seconds in.

Compared that to the old SW Galaxy in Legends, with 3.2 billion habitable star systems.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 03:56 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by Zenwolf
only 3.2 million habitable systems

Of all my concerns regarding SW Canon changes, this doesn't even make the list

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 04:50 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

You're talking to a guy who hates Disney canon for making an odd number of movies for god's sake. I imagine Zen hates discrepancies like that more than Surt hates looking for a job.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 04:59 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Galan007
You're talking to a guy who hates Disney canon for making an odd number of movies for god's sake. I imagine Zen hates discrepancies like that more than Surt hates looking for a job.

I don't hate Disney canon for that. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Also I'm not saying I hate this either, it's just a very strange thing given how huge a drop it is.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 05:34 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

laughing out loud I know.

In all seriousness, though: I used to be a pretty avid supporter of Disney canon(as you know), but even I've gotten to the point where I have very little faith in where they're taking things.

I mean, Disney has still put out a lot of really good material since acquiring the franchise, and I'm sure there will be more to come in the future(I'm very excited for The Mandalorian, the final season of TCW, the Kenobi series, some of the upcoming comics, and of course, more Thrawn novels)... But there's no denying that over the last year or so the overall quality of their material has taken a SHARP nosedive -- and I feel like RoS will be yet another letdown.

My only hope is that they'll be able to successfully 'course correct' after RoS happens, but only time will tell.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 05:49 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Even if they have some good supplement content. The main content is what matters more in the end. ROS just doesn’t look good from what is coming out of the rumor mill.

I guess we’ll see what is what though. Kinda hard to believe more than 4 years later, we’ve ended up with this.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 06:05 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Oh you're absolutely right. That's how it *should* be.

But as it stands, the quality of the supplementary content is far superior to the quality of the primary content... Unfortunately.

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 17th, 2019 at 06:17 PM

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 06:15 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Galan007
My only hope is that they'll be able to successfully 'course correct' after RoS happens, but only time will tell.

They'll never be forgiven for what they've done with the OT characters, though.

Well, Chewie was fine, but it's really hard to ruin Chewie.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 07:14 PM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Well we still have 1 more movie....there's always that chance..

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 07:53 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Even if they have some good supplement content. The main content is what matters more in the end. ROS just doesn’t look good from what is coming out of the rumor mill.

I guess we’ll see what is what though. Kinda hard to believe more than 4 years later, we’ve ended up with this.

Honestly I was perfectly happy with my weekly Clone Wars episodes (and even Rebels for the first season) before the new movies came along.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2019 08:16 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

They'd have to actually try doing something with him before they can **** it up.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 18th, 2019 08:15 AM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote