KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker - Discussion Thread

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker - Discussion Thread
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (64): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Oh I'd take TPM Jar Jar over Rose as well. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Mar 20th, 2019 11:39 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

I liked TPM as well. Maybe try fast forwarding through the rose scenes as I did with jar jar and pod racing.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2019 12:56 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Agreed.

Yes.

Hell, it's accused of ruining Christmas for every true SW fan.

Dialogues bothered me the most. That opening scene with Poe and Hux? What the f*ck was that? Why? Why it needed to happen?

Rest of the film wasn't much better... sad

Speaking of that scene, Rian said he saw Hux as a joke character and wanted to do some sort of Monty Python scene.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2019 01:54 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

I'm surprised at how little TLJ held up for me. Loved it the first time I saw it. Then I loved it less and less each time after.

The movie leaves you with almost ZERO expectations or excitement for what's going to happen next.

I like George.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2019 11:09 PM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ I think the same happened with TFA tbh. Massive hype and excitement surrounding it when it released. But over time I think people have just realised it wasnt all that great a film.

Originally posted by Sith Master X

The movie leaves you with almost ZERO expectations or excitement for what's going to happen next.

Yeah like what is there to look forward to with Ep.9? Perhaps the trailer will change things, but as of now I just dont see it.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Mar 21st, 2019 at 10:51 AM

Old Post Mar 21st, 2019 10:48 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

How did you like Solo, DT? Remind me.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2019 06:52 PM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I liked Solo. And loved R1.

Also really liked the first season of Rebels.

So its not all been bad for me from Disney.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Mar 22nd, 2019 at 07:02 AM

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2019 06:51 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Solo - meh
R1 - meh

I want some new angles. Done with the fanfic... make us a real SW movie again. Move away from the original source material.

I really wonder if and how JJ's gonna fix the saga after TLJ.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2019 09:08 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

maybe he'll make up his own story since RotJ2 is now impossible

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2019 05:04 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
maybe he'll make up his own story since RotJ2 is now impossible

Never say impossible. A new villain could be brought in that Kylo serves (remember the Emperor made his first proper appearance in ROTJ). Then all we need is a new Starkiller Base wink

Old Post Mar 25th, 2019 09:41 PM
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Never say impossible. A new villain could be brought in that Kylo serves (remember the Emperor made his first proper appearance in ROTJ). Then all we need is a new Starkiller Base wink

erm

Ya know, the ST makes me appreciate the Vong more and that's something cause I've always been indifferent.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2019 09:54 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Then all we need is a new Starkiller Base wink

a new superweapon that can destroy planets

Old Post Mar 25th, 2019 10:47 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
a new superweapon that can destroy planets

No, better than planets.. Solar Systems!

Old Post Mar 26th, 2019 07:43 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I liked Solo. And loved R1.

Also really liked the first season of Rebels.

So its not all been bad for me from Disney.

Yeah, feel the same about the first two.

That's why I hate Disney being so reluctant to make more "Star Wars Stories".

Old Post Mar 26th, 2019 01:03 PM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

That's why I hate Disney being so reluctant to make more "Star Wars Stories".

Yeah that was a retarded decision.

Like Oh Solo flopped, must be because nobody wants Spin off films. Clearly everyone wants more Rey and Poe...

Stupid as hell.

Its also like they completely forgot R1 made a Billion with all new characters, but also some cool cameos from classic characters.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2019 02:00 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Even Bail Organa was there, showing how prequels help to contribute.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2019 03:44 PM
CaveDude33211

Yeah that was a retarded decision.

Like Oh Solo flopped, must be because nobody wants Spin off films. Clearly everyone wants more Rey and Poe...

Yeah, that must be it. laughing laughing laughing

Stupid as hell.

Its also like they completely forgot R1 made a Billion with all new characters, but also some cool cameos from classic characters.

Rogue One was made specifically to provide a backstory for Rey's mother and Snoke.

Nephthys stated a while back that the Dark Side Adept greeting Darth Vader at his castle on Mustafar is a younger Snoke.

Jyn Erso survived the Death Star's attack on Scarif and later meets Luke Skywalker and they fall in love.

Rey is later born and abandoned on Jakku.

Snoke, who was Vader's loyal Adept left the galaxy with the fall of the Empire and then returns years later, declaring that his student Kylo "Is no Lord Vader."

Rogue One wasn't just made as a coincidence or for shits and giggles - it's the backstory to the Sequel Trilogy.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2019 04:25 PM
Click here to Send CaveDude33211 a Private Message Find more posts by CaveDude33211 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Uh, Jyn clearly died because she was vaporized by the explosion the death star made. There is literally no getting around that as we see it happen.

RO however, while...decent, it also contradicts ANH with the dialogue.

"Several transmissions were beamed to this ship by Rebel spies."

Several transmissions, meaning more than one. RO there was a hand off of hard data, so no transmissions at all.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Mar 26th, 2019 at 05:47 PM

Old Post Mar 26th, 2019 05:35 PM
CaveDude33211

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Uh, Jyn clearly died because she was vaporized by the explosion the death star made. There is literally no getting around that as we see it happen.

I just re-watched that scene - damn - if all the Disney Star Wars films were like that - they would be worthy successors to Lucas's trilogies.

But while I don't blame your viewpoint - we don't see Jyn get vaporized or die.

The point is - this is Star Wars - where people can get mutilated and fall thousands of feet and survive or get scorched by lava.

Jyn may have also been Force Sensitive.

- That blast could have easily thrown her within some debris, and a medical team could have scoured the area later and picked her up and got her in a Bacta-Tank to recuperate.

Maybe at that point she met Luke.

Several transmissions, meaning more than one. RO there was a hand off of hard data, so no transmissions at all.

Great points here.

I remember someone also saying this - and that Rogue One made Vader look senile.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2019 05:59 PM
Click here to Send CaveDude33211 a Private Message Find more posts by CaveDude33211 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Zen.

You've been on KMC long enough to know which posts are serious and which are not.

Also, look at Cave's profile stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 26th, 2019 07:06 PM