KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker - Discussion Thread

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker - Discussion Thread
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (64): « First ... « 60 61 [62] 63 64 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Total Warrior
^ https://www.looper.com/180401/emper...lker-explained/ this article pretty much sums up everything

Under A Secret Desire:

Palpatine knows he wouldnt be able to kill the young scavenger

But Kylo was able to kill her and only stopped by Leia... So Palpatine foresaw that? Then he foresaw Kylo would redeem himself?

It literally makes no sense for Palps to tell Kylo to kill Rey. Because dont tell me there wasnt even one foreseeable future where he succeeded.

He also asked Rey to kill him revealing his plans for absolutely no reason. When He could have just goaded her into killing him.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Jan 24th, 2020 at 04:57 PM

Old Post Jan 24th, 2020 04:54 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

In my opinion, there was never a scenario where Kylo or Rey would have actually usurped Palpatine. Not really.

First scenario: Kylo kills Rey > Kylo confronts Palpatine > Palpatine goads Kylo into striking him down > Palpatine's spirit hops into Kylo > Palpatine now controls Kylo's body.

Second scenario: Kylo doesn't kill Rey > Rey confronts Palpatine > Palpatine goads Rey into striking him down > Palpatine's spirit hops into Rey > Palpatine now controls Rey's body.

Final scenario: Palpatine discovers that Rey and Kylo are a dyad in the Force > Palpatine absorbs their energy > Palpatine's body and health are restored > Palpatine alone will rule as "the one, true, Emperor!"

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 24th, 2020 at 06:57 PM

Old Post Jan 24th, 2020 05:09 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

You think there's a chance Palps could still be alive in some form after IX?

Old Post Jan 24th, 2020 09:09 PM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

I think so. I don't see how his death was any more final in this film than when he fell and blew up in ROTJ. He's only dead until another movie comes out and says he's not.

I like George.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2020 11:58 PM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Well the occultists apparently retrieved his body from the Death Star. Whilst here there was no body left to retrieve.

But thats just stupid as hell that there was a body left for them to retrieve. So whatever. Im with you.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2020 01:00 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Well the occultists apparently retrieved his body from the Death Star. Whilst here there was no body left to retrieve.

But thats just stupid as hell that there was a body left for them to retrieve. So whatever. Im with you.

I wonder, if Palps could survive the 2nd DS, hell why not Tarkin could survive the 1st?

Old Post Jan 25th, 2020 01:39 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
You think there's a chance Palps could still be alive in some form after IX?
Like Sith Master said: given that Palpatine has survived 'death' before, there's really no reason to think he was perma-killed as of now. /shrug

Originally posted by Zenwolf
I wonder, if Palps could survive the 2nd DS, hell why not Tarkin could survive the 1st?
Snoke = Tarkin. Confirmed. thumb up

Old Post Jan 25th, 2020 02:20 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by ares834
(assuming the Trevarrow scripts are even true).

Hes Confirmed they are legit:

https://www.gamesradar.com/amp/star...w-confirmation/

Old Post Jan 25th, 2020 12:39 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Let's watch this scene again:

laughing out loud

Palps afterwards:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 25th, 2020 03:03 PM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Not to mention he was thrown into the reactor by Vader, and we see the explosion of him hitting it.

So yeah they can bring Tarkin back too thumb up

Old Post Jan 25th, 2020 03:07 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Tarkin was #2 in command. Snoke was #2 in command.

Tarkin was Palpatine's puppet. Snoke was Palpatine's puppet.

Tarkin was on the Death Star when Luke destroyed it. Luke was implied to have given Snoke his injuries.

Tarkin had blue eyes. Snoke had blue eyes.

Dots are connecting here...

Old Post Jan 25th, 2020 06:32 PM
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Galan007
Tarkin was #2 in command. Snoke was #2 in command.

Tarkin was Palpatine's puppet. Snoke was Palpatine's puppet.

Tarkin was on the Death Star when Luke destroyed it. Luke was implied to have given Snoke his injuries.

Tarkin had blue eyes. Snoke had blue eyes.

Dots are connecting here...

....Now I kinda wish this was true.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2020 06:50 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

Can you even ****ing imagine if that ended up being the case?? laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 25th, 2020 07:58 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sheev
The All-Sith

....Now I kinda wish this was true.
laughing out loud

Same.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2020 08:21 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

All great villains from Moriaty to Palps never die!

Old Post Jan 26th, 2020 01:38 PM
Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

I think it's safe to say Palpatine won't come back. We actually see his body disintegrate in TROS. In ROTJ, we don't actually see what the explosion did to his body...not until TROS, that is.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2020 03:51 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

But we do?

https://youtu.be/UhDtFnpNOfE?t=118

Seems to me his body was destroyed right there.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2020 04:49 PM
Darth Thor

By all common sense his body would be completely disintegrated in ROTJ. Not only did we see the explosion of him hitting the reactor core, but the Death Star blew up after that!

But Dominis means we didnt specifically see his body disintegrate. I guess its plausible he put up some kind of forcefield around his body.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2020 05:14 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Thing is, RoS Palpatine was not fully dependent on a physical body, as he specifically said that his SPIRIT(and power) would transfer into Rey after she struck him down.

So to perma-kill Palpatine, it seems like you would need to destroy that metaphysical component of his being as well... And as of now, there is no proof that Rey redirecting Palpatine's lightning and destroying his physical body did that. /shrug

Old Post Jan 26th, 2020 05:50 PM
Dominis

But we do?

https://youtu.be/UhDtFnpNOfE?t=118

Seems to me his body was destroyed right there.

Not really. Not only was he too far down for us to see, but his body was completely engulfed by the explosion, making it impossible to know what damage it caused.

Originally posted by Darth Thor
By all common sense his body would be completely disintegrated in ROTJ. Not only did we see the explosion of him hitting the reactor core, but the Death Star blew up after that!

But Dominis means we didnt specifically see his body disintegrate. I guess its plausible he put up some kind of forcefield around his body.

From a strict real world perspective hardly anything in SW makes common sense. Plus it's not like surviving things like an explosion is unprecedented in SW, although Palpatine was killed.

Even in RL, a person's body doesn't always completely disintegrate in an explosion. Sometimes their bodies can just be left shattered, even in big chunks, and that seems to be the case with Sidious. His body was messed up, with parts missing: his lower half (seemingly), his fingers, etc.

As for the death star, there were large pieces of it still intact.

Originally posted by Galan007
Thing is, RoS Palpatine was not fully dependent on a physical body, as he specifically said that his SPIRIT(and power) would transfer into Rey after she struck him down.

So to perma-kill Palpatine, it seems like you would need to destroy that metaphysical component of his being as well... And as of now, there is no proof that Rey redirecting Palpatine's lightning and destroying his physical body did that. /shrug

I've not read a lot of the extended ROS material(other than what you and others have posted), but didn't the movie seem to imply that his spirit can only leave his body by latching onto another who embraces their hate by striking him down? Otherwise he seemed pretty stuck with his broken down body and doomed without it, which is why he needed Snoke to carry out his plans.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2020 11:44 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote