KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Kong vs. Zilla (predictions)

Kong vs. Zilla (predictions)
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

Kong vs. Zilla (predictions)

Who will win when the film comes out and why?

Old Post Dec 27th, 2018 12:33 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by CosmicComet

What does it matter what he threw him into? It only matters that he threw him whether it be an ant hill, a shack, waterfall, hill, or a mountain. Quit making your insecurity over Kong overtly obvious.

quote:

He threw it into a small nearby hill that was only a few footsteps away from them. And that that didn't even do anything to said hill except kick up some loose gravel and knock Brie Larsen off of it.
[/B]
I did not say he threw him multiple foot biked fields I said he threw him which is accurate. I never said by throwing him the mountain, hill, shack, waterfall, etc. was decimated I said he threw him. You can try to belittle any littlevthing irrelevant to the one important aspect of the feat was the throw. That shows incredible strength and to do so do not try to pretend otherwise, Zill boy.

quote:

Kong's punk ass couldn't even bust a small hill...
[/B]
Who cares? It does not make a lick of difference nor did I claim it is so. Throwing something of that size mid fight shows you have incredible strength. When Kong won he did not pass out like that pussy Zilla. Zilla just passed the **** out like one of your other pet characters in Superman when he tried holding up the oil rig.

laughing out loud

When Kong won he pounded his chest like a true alpha he did not pass out like an oversized *****.

quote:

[/B]
What fight were you watching? He overpowered him multiple times. Sure the skullcrawler was able to fight back but the point is Kong was stronger for the duration of the fight.

What is highly ironic about your statements is that Zilla was dead in the water against the Mutos and only came back after they both left Zilla after an explosion the humans set off.

quote:

Kong's performance against the giant skull crawler was terrible.

A full break down of the fight.

[/B]
So should Kong have let out a roar and announced his presence when taking on an enemy? Yes Kong stripped the tree and used it as a weapon. I guess that is terrible and no intelligence as you said in a previous reply. Getting the jump on your foe and using a tree as a weapon is cunning. Look out Zilla he is smarter than you are.

quote:

To Kong's discredit he couldn't even overpower its jaws, failing to snap its jaws open despite having leverage and a good grip.
[/B]
The jaw strength of the skullcrawler is most likely insane. If you take a really strong human and throw in a dog the human outweighs what do you think happens when the dog starts biting him.

With its tail and maneuverability. The bodies of these two are completely different whereas Kong is humanoid so what is the problem. Kong was able to overpower it and use his cunning to create weapons in light of the surroundings and his situation.

quote:

Baseless claims.
[/B]
He has to break free from the entanglement. That was the problem. Now you are pretending that kod him. Ffs.

The flare did not seriously cripple or leave the skullcrawler disadvantaged. You exaggerate pretty much everything attacking Kong to Trumpian levels.

quote:
Your pointless biased recollection of events.

[/B]
Kong protecting her while the skullcrawler is attacking put him at a huge disadvantage since his hand is closed. He still kills the thing. Very impressive since you failed to bring up the cheapshot he recovered from after he saved Captain Marvel. I guess only cheap shots only matter when Kong does them and let us forget he is actively trying to save her which favors Skullcrawler who is just trying to kill Kong.

quote:

The worst part is even after all that damage the skull crawler took, Kong was only able able to flash ko it for about 20 seconds with that propeller uppercut. Whereas the crawler flash ko'd kong for about 15 second with just a tail swipe.

[/B]
False. He was never kod just entangled. You really are seriously biased to the point your perspective is so skewed it is becoming ridiculous.
quote:

Again, Kong's performance against the giant skull crawler was terrible.

[/B]
No, it was quite good and the only real occurrence was the lucky break the Skullcrawler got when Kong fell into the chains and become entangled. Other than that Kong was just too much and proved it in the end.

At no point in the fight did the fight portray a blinded and crippled Skullcrawler with limited vision.

quote:

You say it was 'luck' that the skull crawler threw kong into those chains, but those same chains being there as well as the humans that were trying to help him was what enabled kong to win in the end. Kong was the lucky one.

In a normal jungle environment the skull crawler would have killed kong just like it killed his equal sized parents.
[/B]
It was luck because it was mere chance he would become that entangled. The skullcrawler did not intend to do so it is clearly a case of luck.

Just as Zilla was lucky the explosions were set off so divert the Mutos attention elsewhere and they left the downed dumb lizard. Quit ignoring when the humans aided your dumb lizard Zilla when he was clearly outmatched. When zilla eventually won he uhm fell due to exhaustion.

laughing out loud

quote:

How could you possibly make the claim that Kong will have 'superior upper body strength'?

You have no basis to make this claim.

[/B]
That is just a prediction. No one knows anything as to how they match up really since he is not fully grown and it is an unknown variable. We will see. I am speculating, clearly.

quote:

He didn't have this mystical superior upper body strength it when he slightly outweighed Godzilla in 1962, and he won't have it in 2020, based on history and current feats.

2014 Godzilla is only building sized and yet he made a city block sized sized tidal wave just by swimming ashore. Pound for pound that's a far superior strength feat to anything skull island Kong did, where he struggled against a skinny lizard he outweighed by 58%.
[/B]
Kong is not fully grown so who cares? None of this matters since Kong was not at his optimal levels. It is like arguing for Jordan in the tenth grade. Not relevant in the least.

quote:

Kong just fights like a tank, he is basic. Just like any normal gorilla. If he has something nearby that's a viable weapon he will pick it up, but when you are facing a 350 ft dinosaur that is durable enough to live in the earth's mantle and tank 20 megaton nukes, what are you going to do?

Kong swinging a piece of a building at Godzilla would be like you hitting someone with a wet newspaper. Won't do shit.
[/B]
So gorillas use weapons out of their environment? He is not just a basics gorilla as evidenced by him tossing projectiles, stripping trees, using the propeller as a weapon, etc.

This is where you always fail this abc type utter nonsense. Kong does not use nuclear power so while it is a lot of power it is an entirely different attack. It is like saying look at this human shrug off those more powerful kicks and punches therefore you cannot cover the mouth and nose which requires less force but kills you all the same. Kong is going to have the necessary strength to hurt him just like the Mutos. This should be common sense but still you cannot help yourself with this delusional posturing.

quote:

I know Kong's beach muscles impress you, but Kong showed that just like in real life, beach muscles don't mean shit.

Kong was getting matched in strength by a skinny lizard that only had two legs and only weighed 63% as much as he did. Pound for pound his strength feats are terrible compared to 2014 Godzilla.
[/B]
We see him show in the film he use his muscles to display combat strength which was extremely impressive. He is not the only Titan on his island while his brethren were killed off so this should alert you he is not just any ordinary gigantic gorilla.

Fighting an extremely strong nonhumanoid type opponent and showed he was more than strong enough to kill him while one hand was occupied protecting the most powerful hero form the MCU.

Zilla passing out after he barely won should not impress you. Felt bad for the lizard because winning then passing out is quite embarrassing.

quote:

No, Godzilla is going to be stronger than Kong when they grapple. It's odd that you would even think opposite.
[/B]
Upper body wise no I do not think so. I believe Zilla will rely on his tail and might still have a size advantage but upper body wise Kong will have that advantage.

quote:

Afterall, kong is going to be portrayed as the underdog who is outclassed physically. So you know he won't have any real physical advantage.

[/B]
We shall see. We do not know what a fully sized Kong looks like or if he has any new abilities.

quote:

'Agility didn't play a factor in 1962 and it won't play a factor here. Even 100 foot Kong in skull island wasn't agile, he was a tank that got hit repeatedly, not some agile boxer. Basically like any real gorilla. A 300 foot kong will be even less agile. Agility will be a wash. [/B]
Irrelevant to this version. I disagree. We will see though.

Last edited by quanchi112 on Dec 27th, 2018 at 12:45 AM

Old Post Dec 27th, 2018 12:42 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Godzilla is going to win although I'll be rooting for Kong.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2018 02:08 AM
juggernaut74 is online now! Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Kong had to get a power boost in the old film

who knows if they go that route again for the new movie.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2018 02:48 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

hmm.. they will fight the last 10 minutes with no clear victor big grin evil face

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 27th, 2018 03:21 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Actually I think they will fight halfway through the movie then do some epic team up.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2018 03:43 AM
juggernaut74 is online now! Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Yes, they will fight midway and have to team up against probably mech versions of both of them. I do think if the director follows through Kong is the clear winner.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2018 03:46 AM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

I just want for this Godzilla to get to Shin Godzilla power levels

Old Post Dec 27th, 2018 04:01 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Technically "ZILLA" was killed back in 1998, so yeah. I think Current Kong can pull a win in this case...

eek!

Old Post Dec 27th, 2018 07:02 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

They will need amps, excuses, etc,,, for Kong to even compete. Thats why he's a loser already in my book.

By Stoic

Old Post Dec 27th, 2018 01:53 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I expect Kong to put up a good fight straight up by hiding, sneak attacking and other tactics. Godzilla is probably going to be portrayed as more of a powerhouse but I expect Kong to have the edge at some point of the movie and that the fight is interrupted before he can finish off Goji.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Dec 27th, 2018 02:33 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by tkitna
They will need amps, excuses, etc,,, for Kong to even compete. Thats why he's a loser already in my book.
He is not even fully grown or developed. He has 3 decades to make up for the size advantage. You cannot judge until we see a fully realized Kong.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2018 03:04 PM
Bentley
Seitei

I expect Kong to have a great deal of stamina, sponge a lot of damage and maybe cause Godzilla to hurt himself with his atomic breath. The battle should really show Kong having a lot of grit.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2018 03:13 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Kong is the KING.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2018 03:22 PM
ShadowFyre

Godzilla gets dropped from the upper atmosphere and continues to fight, Kong is wounded by helicopter propellers, this is a mismatch and we all know it.

Godzilla nuclear pulses Kong and whatever area they are in /thread.

At the end of King of the Monsters, when y'all see the final battle, your going to realize that Kong would literally catch fire just from being within the general vicinity of the Alpha that is Godzilla.

They are going to nerf Godzilla like no other to even make this fight possible.

Last edited by ShadowFyre on Dec 27th, 2018 at 03:48 PM

Old Post Dec 27th, 2018 03:39 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I think you can show Kong being relentless and stubborn like the Punisher hunting a superpowered villain to make up for the power difference. That would give the battle some great dynamics without betraying what we know these characters from.

Kaiju movies are not Dragon-Ball-like powerlevel dumpster tales, I expect the action to be plotdriven and dramatic.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2018 04:04 PM
S_W_LeGenD

(please log in to view the image)

King Kong (Skull Island) used for comparison.

Depends upon which incarnation of Godzilla [you] choose for this hypothetical fight. Some incarnations are much beyond King Kong's pay grade, and will crush him like a bug.

In the case of a film, scriptwriter will call the shots. Much like in the case of Batman versus Superman.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Dec 27th, 2018 at 05:10 PM

Old Post Dec 27th, 2018 05:01 PM
S_W_LeGenD is currently offline Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by juggernaut74
Actually I think they will fight halfway through the movie then do some epic team up.

Some sort of BvS style for sure.

I just hope their mothers aren't called Martha laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 27th, 2018 05:16 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Cheering for Godzilla!

Old Post Dec 27th, 2018 05:16 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD

King Kong (Skull Island) .

That could would be an interesting match up with Zilla.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2018 05:56 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote