KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Vader Episode 1: Shards Of The Past - A Star Wars Theory Fan-film

Vader Episode 1: Shards Of The Past - A Star Wars Theory Fan-film
Started by: dadudemon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Flyattractor
You just admitted you didn't watch the Vid.

So yeah. You and "Facts" not the closest of bros.

no need, this has been going on facebook... Disney HAS nothing to do with Star Wars Theory's trouble

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 15th, 2019 10:41 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
have some facts.... it wasn;t even disney...

Actually it was Disney, They filed the claim on the video and is making money off of it now

I'm presuming this is the video Fly posted because the link is broken on his post

Old Post Jan 16th, 2019 12:15 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Kazenji
Actually it was Disney, They filed the claim on the video and is making money off of it now

I'm presuming this is the video Fly posted because the link is broken on his post

it was Warner music group.... they are the ones that actually filed the claim.. plus star wars theory broke Youtube laws

Last edited by BruceSkywalker on Jan 16th, 2019 at 03:58 AM

Old Post Jan 16th, 2019 03:47 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Old Post Jan 16th, 2019 05:13 AM
Flyattractor

More like Google just Sided with there Overlords at Disney.

This is just Little Brucie being a Good Little Shill Boy.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2019 06:49 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I dont think anyone who doesnt have a bias for Disney wouldnt put it past them to claim the video and make money off of it. Typical soulless corporation thing to do.

Regardless of who the corporate culprit is though, shame this happened. I first saw and liked this fan film when a friend recommended it to me, but shouldve guessed it had a thread here too.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2019 09:12 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Of course Disney are shit bags lol

Old Post Jan 16th, 2019 05:18 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Flyattractor
More like Google just Sided with there Overlords at Disney.

This is just Little Brucie being a Good Little Shill Boy.

oh Fly, you should really stop calling yourself that derogatory term... second, other than SW Theory crying, what other proof do you have??? Like I said its all over Facebook. The FB Star Was groups I'm in have talked about it since it broke and unless you and others, these people have actually did their own research and found out the truth..

Old Post Jan 16th, 2019 07:22 PM
Darth Thor

Of course hes crying about it. He put all the work into it and financed it, knowing he wasnt allowed to make money off it, but now Disney is making money from his work.

If you actually ever did a hard days work in your life Bruce you might get the frustration there.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2019 07:43 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Petty AF move by Disney which is something I expect from them.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2019 12:07 AM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Of course hes crying about it. He put all the work into it and financed it, knowing he wasnt allowed to make money off it, but now Disney is making money from his work.

If you actually ever did a hard days work in your life Bruce you might get the frustration there.
How is Disney making money off his work?

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jan 17th, 2019 01:21 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Apparently Lucasfilm have intervened on his behalf and forced the copyright claim to be rescinded.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2019 01:26 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Tzeentch
How is Disney making money off his work?

Because Disney or Warner has claimed his video on youtube

------

anyway back to the latest news

Old Post Jan 17th, 2019 02:30 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I heard the guy hired a guy to compose the music for it. Oh well. Guess I will only be able to see this on a site OTHER then youtube.

Anybody got a link for that?

Old Post Jan 17th, 2019 06:43 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
oh Fly, you should really stop calling yourself that derogatory term... second, other than SW Theory crying, what other proof do you have??? Like I said its all over Facebook. The FB Star Was groups I'm in have talked about it since it broke and unless you and others, these people have actually did their own research and found out the truth..

Sad to see You Shill for Disney, but a Shill Boy Gonna Shill.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2019 07:07 AM
Darth Thor

anyway back to the latest news

Good on ya Lucasfilm!

About time someone put those whiny selfish execs at Disney in their place.

And So much for the crap being made up here by your typical Disney c*** suckers that Star Wars Theory broke YouTube laws and whatever other nonsense.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2019 07:59 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Because Disney or Warner has claimed his video on youtube
Which resulted in it being taken down. AFAIK they don't have ownership of it. It's not like they could reupload the video under Disney's youtube channel or something.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jan 17th, 2019 11:01 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Tzeentch
Which resulted in it being taken down. AFAIK they don't have ownership of it. It's not like they could reupload the video under Disney's youtube channel or something.

It was never taken down.

Just the guy was told he wouldnt be allowed to make money off it. Then when it became massively popular Disney decided to put a copyright on it and to make money off it for themselves.

Now Lucasfilm has been helpful and told Disney to take down the Ads and the copyright claim.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2019 11:03 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

You haven't answered my question of how they're making money off of it themselves.

Putting a copyright claim on something does not give you distribution rights for it, nor does it even grant you ownership of it. That's not how copyright works. "You can't make money off that idea because it's a copy of my idea" =\= "your idea now belongs to me and I can do what I want with it".

Last edited by Tzeentch on Jan 17th, 2019 at 10:20 PM

Old Post Jan 17th, 2019 10:10 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

You do know about the Monetization system on youtube don't ya?

Old Post Jan 18th, 2019 04:16 AM