KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Vader Episode 1: Shards Of The Past - A Star Wars Theory Fan-film

Vader Episode 1: Shards Of The Past - A Star Wars Theory Fan-film
Started by: dadudemon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Flyattractor

Yeah. Youtube likes to work like certain old message boards. Play Loose and Fast with their own rules and play favorites.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2019 06:44 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tzeentch
You haven't answered my question of how they're making money off of it themselves.

Putting a copyright claim on something does not give you distribution rights for it, nor does it even grant you ownership of it. That's not how copyright works. "You can't make money off that idea because it's a copy of my idea" =\= "your idea now belongs to me and I can do what I want with it".

They put adverts on the vid.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2019 08:12 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Adverts on a video that was taken down and can't be watched?

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jan 18th, 2019 10:37 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

The movie wasn't taken down, they just monetized it.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2019 11:51 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

I like what Lucasfilms did, but they are just as bad as Disney. How long as ROTJ came out? Yet they still refuse to pay the original Vader actor his royalties.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2019 10:03 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

But it is OK for Disney/Marvel/Lucasfilm to be asshats. Cause they Make Deh Movies I lurk!!!

Old Post Jan 19th, 2019 06:55 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

How are Disney & Marvel being "Asshats"?

Old Post Jan 20th, 2019 01:21 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Both are OWNED by Disney so that makes them DISNEY!

And Disney is a Raging Asshat on Steroids.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2019 05:46 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

So really you have no argument as usual.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2019 05:48 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Disny's Horribleness is Rampant for all to see. Only The Shill can't see it.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2019 05:50 AM
Darth Thor

Marvel are super cool. They are just owned by ass hats.

Remember it was Disney who fired James Gunn, not Marvel.

And again here Disney were the ones to monetise this video, then Lucasfilm stepped in to stop that.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2019 10:51 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Only because of the bad PR it was generating. That and Star Wars being a Dying Franchise.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2019 10:54 AM
Darth Thor

Nah still too many OT, PT and KOTOR fans for it to die.

But yeah Disney aint exactly creating a new generation of fans. Our generation will have to force our kids to watch and like it!

Old Post Jan 20th, 2019 03:09 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Much less successful franchises still "live" to this day despite botching up way more than 1-2 films.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2019 04:38 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
I kept the title exactly as it was on YouTube.

It's an incredibly well-done fan-film that is has Ian McClellan as one of the producers (that's awesome).

Don't watch it in the embedded thing. Go to YouTube and watch it full screen at 1080p.

The lines are a bit cheesy at times but this is definitely better than any of the sequel movies. It feels like Star Wars, though. First movie that Lucas wasn't involved in that felt like Star Wars. I want the Disney sequels thrown out. I would prefer these guys make a new set of sequel movies.

Watched it today!!

OMG! I loved it! For a fan clip it's better than many of the Disney's work.

Looking forward for ep.2!

Old Post Jan 21st, 2019 12:06 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote