KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Bird Box

Bird Box
Started by: Flyattractor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Flyattractor

Bird Box

So any of you Netflix Junkies caught this one yet? Looks like ti could be a new take on the "Invisible Monster" Genre.

Although it looks like it could fall into the same Trope Traps as the TWD if it runs long enough.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2018 06:26 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Thought it was a movie, not a series?

I've heard so many people talking about it, some saying to avoid it and others saying it's good.

After watching the trailer it looks like something I've seen before. Personally I've decided to avoid it because it looks too much like A Quiet Place which I didn't like very much.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2018 06:43 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Yeah. The Quiet Place is what first jumped to my mind as well. Aint gotten around to seeing that one either...

And its Netflix. It might be a "Movie Now" but that don't mean they won't try for a series.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2018 06:45 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah it's a movie.

Basically an amalgamation of A Quiet Place and TWD. Wasn't a fan.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Dec 29th, 2018 07:12 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

People seem pretty split on this. Some people really like it, others think it's a pile of trash. Haven't watched it myself.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2018 11:03 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
People seem pretty split on this. Some people really like it, others think it's a pile of trash. Haven't watched it myself.
But enough about The Last Jedi.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2018 08:14 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Looks kinds "Meh" to me. Just a re-imagining of "The Happening".

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Dec 30th, 2018 01:19 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

prolly won't watch.. looks like dog poop

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 30th, 2018 08:07 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dumb, I turned it off

Old Post Dec 30th, 2018 08:16 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Yeah. Sandra aint the Hottie she used to be. Oh the days of that tight ass of hers from the Demolition Man movie...Hubba Hubba.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2018 08:21 PM
jaden_2.0
Awful

John Malkovich is ****ing great in it. Everything else about is shit except when Sandra Bullock yells at the kids that they're going to die. She is the best mother in a movie for a while.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2018 12:10 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

It's actually not too bad...there is the obvious comparisons to The Happening & A Quiet Place...however the novel it's based on was written well before TH & AQP came into production.

Personally I thought Bird Box was more credible, in suspension of belief than A Quiet Place...it's more feasible to survive without sight than it is without making a sound.

The most frightening aspect of this movie is Bullock's face...with the shoulder cropped hair & amount of cosmetic surgery to her nose, she seriously looks like Michael Jackson.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2018 12:36 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I thought the movie was fine, but I really, really dislike the "lets keep the bad thing ambiguous" stuff that's gotten far too prevalent in these kinds of movies.

I get the reasons WHY they do it. It still annoys me though.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 31st, 2018 01:21 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

So do you think this is actually what the creatures looked like, or is it just how the psycho perceived them?

(please log in to view the image)

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 31st, 2018 at 01:52 AM

Old Post Dec 31st, 2018 01:44 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Attachment: birdbox.jpg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Dec 31st, 2018 10:05 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Galan007
So do you think this is actually what the creatures looked like, or is it just how the psycho perceived them?

I wish they hadn't shown those. Too simple and Lovecraftian. Would have been creepier if he had shaded in dozens of pages of just black.

Solid horror movie though. Felt like a blender smoothie of a bunch of other ones.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2019 07:52 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Hmmmmm?

Old Post Jan 13th, 2019 08:10 AM
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Bird Box

Originally posted by Flyattractor
So any of you Netflix Junkies caught this one yet? Looks like ti could be a new take on the "Invisible Monster" Genre.

Although it looks like it could fall into the same Trope Traps as the TWD if it runs long enough.

Fly is wrong as usual as per for norm. How uninformed can this guy get?

Anyway the movie was a piece of trash film. It offered nothing new to the genre and actually regressed the tropes quite a bit. JM was the best thing about it.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2019 04:33 PM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
John Malkovich is ****ing great in it. Everything else about is shit except when Sandra Bullock yells at the kids that they're going to die. She is the best mother in a movie for a while.

thumb up

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2019 04:34 PM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Eon Blue
Fly is wrong as usual as per for norm. How uninformed can this guy get?

Anyway the movie was a piece of trash film. It offered nothing new to the genre and actually regressed the tropes quite a bit. JM was the best thing about it.

At least I am not a sock.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2019 07:25 PM