KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Orville season 2

Orville season 2
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

Aw...!

Old Post Jan 12th, 2019 03:00 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

That was actually pretty evil at the end there. That jar is still closed and she's already left.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2019 05:37 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Another average episode I have to say, perhaps they weren't expecting a second season so they didn't really have a lot planned.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Jan 12th, 2019 06:37 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
That was actually pretty evil at the end there. That jar is still closed and she's already left.

^^^HAHA!!!

Now i can see Seth screaming ‘ALARAAAAA!!!’ ala Kirk/Kahn!

Old Post Jan 12th, 2019 07:16 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by samhain
Another average episode I have to say, perhaps they weren't expecting a second season so they didn't really have a lot planned.

Hm.. see, I loved the whole awkward "sexual event" scenes with Bortus and his piss ritual. laughing out loud Hilariously awkward! And the last one with Alara was very charming.

And it seems the next episode is going to involve the Krill, so it should be a bit more action-packed.

So far it's a good mix. It's shaping up to be a fun season to me. But people are very divided on it.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2019 06:25 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^well i’m on your side of the divide. First 3 eps have all had a nice feel to them.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2019 06:51 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by riv6672
^^^HAHA!!!

Now i can see Seth screaming ‘ALARAAAAA!!!’ ala Kirk/Kahn!

Especially considering his next best option is Isaac lol.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2019 07:04 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

"I overheard you. Open your own damn pickles."

Someday, it will come out he's just been playing the robot stereotype to mess with people.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2019 07:32 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^robo humor...!

This week’s ep. was another good one. I was [SPOILER - highlight to read]: surprised the pulled the trigger on the Tyler/Teleya plot twist so quickly. Thought they’d feature her in a few more eps to build the reveal but it still worked.
When i saw Tyler this season i recognized her, as i’d looked her up during S1 to see who was under the make up. No one else mentioned it anywhere i post so i bit my tongue on that one.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2019 12:20 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Hm.. see, I loved the whole awkward "sexual event" scenes with Bortus and his piss ritual. laughing out loud Hilariously awkward! And the last one with Alara was very charming.

And it seems the next episode is going to involve the Krill, so it should be a bit more action-packed.

So far it's a good mix. It's shaping up to be a fun season to me. But people are very divided on it.

I thought episode 2 and this last one were good episodes but 1 and 3 fell a bit flat for me, still not enough to make me switch over, I can put up with them alternating between good and average, it adds to the Trek feel.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2019 06:22 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Yeah, the Tyler thing was obvious, that might be why they pulled the trigger on it so soon.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2019 06:24 PM
riv6672

^^^^sooo obvious...roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 18th, 2019 10:12 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, they did lay obvious hints like..

And...

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2019 10:29 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
david196520

The Orville is great fanfic.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2019 10:31 PM
david196520 is currently offline Click here to Send david196520 a Private Message Find more posts by david196520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nothing wrong with fanfic.

If Orville wasn't parody, I agree it would be great fanfic.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2019 11:07 PM
riv6672

The show isnt a parody, its a legit sci fi program that pays homage to Star Trek.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2019 04:49 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's a bit of both, imo.

Issac cutting off legs, or an alien pee Party skirts the lines, between the really good homage stuff (And between the really good parody stuff. Parody can be good, too, it doesn't have to be SNL.)

Old Post Jan 19th, 2019 04:52 AM
Darth Thor

Saw Season 2 Episode 1 which is actually the first episode ive seen of this, and I really enjoyed it. Gonna keep watching.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2019 09:45 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^welcome to the universe!

Old Post Jan 19th, 2019 10:46 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Episode 4 with the Krill...

thumb up

Old Post Jan 19th, 2019 12:24 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote