KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Aladdin 2019

Aladdin 2019
Started by: Inhuman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Bump.

The new trailer was actually decent. The Jafar casting is brutal, but when the "A Whole New World" sequence kicks in, you can't help but feel the hype.

Surprisingly excited for it after feeling like it would be awful.

Last edited by Trocity on Mar 15th, 2019 at 04:07 AM

Old Post Mar 15th, 2019 04:03 AM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Yeah, the new trailer is fine. I mean, it looks like fun.

I just hate musicals. As soon as the musical numbers came in on the trailer I was done. Nope, nope.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2019 03:33 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

It's pretty decent this trailer

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Mar 15th, 2019 03:35 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheOneFirestorm

The complaints about Will Smith is not being the same Genie as Robin Williams and that's why persons are hating are really freakin dumb and lame.
It's a freakin remake the whole damn point do something different don't be the same damn thing.

Maybe this version answer why is Aladdin's mother absent.

This looks wonderful including the Whole new world song and sing, the carpet, the do you trust me line and song, also Jafar knowing that Aladdin wants to impress a Princess before the lamp is acquired not something that animated version has, etc.

It's reusing scenes and lines from the 90s Animated Disney Aladdin movie except still going to be something different.

Elliot Ness from the Terrific Action Crime Drama Mob Movie The Untouchables

Old Post Apr 10th, 2019 10:08 PM
TheOneFirestorm is currently offline Click here to Send TheOneFirestorm a Private Message Find more posts by TheOneFirestorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slowpoke

Wonderful, wonderful, no doubt the best live action adaptation of Disney movies so far.

Both Aladdin and Jasmine got enough development and great chemistry, it was one more step forward on Jasmine's character. I didn't see much from others, even B&B there wasn't enough chemistry between the two.

Old Post May 30th, 2019 09:29 PM
Slowpoke is currently offline Click here to Send Slowpoke a Private Message Find more posts by Slowpoke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I have yet to see this. Maybe I should get around to it.

Old Post May 31st, 2019 12:36 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slowpoke

The only problem probably is Jafar's cast. They should have used Ben Kingsley

Old Post May 31st, 2019 02:54 AM
Slowpoke is currently offline Click here to Send Slowpoke a Private Message Find more posts by Slowpoke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: A woman sultan. Here comes the jihad for this great insult.

And [SPOILER - highlight to read]: if Jasmin is Sultan, what does that make Aladdin? Does he even have a title, or any real power?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2019 05:29 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Anyways..

It was alright. Casting was good, Will Smith was great as always. It was a damn near perfect live action recreation of the animated film.

And that's the problem. It doesn't really bring anything new to the table. It's a well done retreading, and that's all it is.

Because of this, it brings all the same problems the original had. Like Aladdin's friendship with the genie. The fact is, Genie had NO reason to care for the fate of Aladdin, Jasmin, or really much of anyone, as deeply as he did. He barely knew Aladdin, and only knows him from his petty desires, and yet he cares if this clown ends up drowning as a result of his own hubris?

Maybe if the remake did more to flesh out the relationship between genie and master, and gave us a window into what this genie saw in the boy. But, it didn't. Genie cares about Aladdin because genie in the first movie did, and that's supposed to be good enough. Even if it makes about as much sense as Anakin Skywalker and Padme's romance, which made no sense at all, based on the things we've seen about them.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2019 04:17 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

100% from me. I loved it.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2019 04:01 AM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slowpoke

It's getting a sequel now!

Let's have Mozenrath! Let Adam Driver play him!

Old Post Feb 13th, 2020 04:38 AM