KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Video "nitwit" controversy

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Video "nitwit" controversy
Started by: dadudemon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 11 12 [13]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
I mostly agree. I think it should be 5 years. And it should include Fusion.

I think we should stop only focusing on green energy and instead focus on clean energy. Clean Energy at 100% in 5 years. Let's do it.

I’d be absolutely overjoyed if we had a working fusion reactor prototype that actually produced substantial net energy within 5 years. But even that sounds optimistic at this point.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2019 10:00 AM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I mostly agree. I think it should be 5 years. And it should include Fusion.

I think we should stop only focusing on green energy and instead focus on clean energy. Clean Energy at 100% in 5 years. Let's do it.

I'm all for fusion energy. If someone in France hears me saying this allow they'll butcher me though thumb up

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jan 10th, 2019 10:25 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Fusion is ridiculously expensive and completely unnecessary when LFTR would be far cheaper, safer and easier to implement in a shorter time frame.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2019 12:40 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Fusion is ridiculously expensive and completely unnecessary when LFTR would be far cheaper, safer and easier to implement in a shorter time frame.

Easier to implement? I don't really see it.

Safety? As far as no producing more Fukushima's yes, but waste disposal can lead to big potential ecologic breakdowns easily and we know how much energy providers love to spend big money in waste disposal.

Cheaper? Yes when it comes to gathering elements but current business models haven't worked as predicted so it's anybody's guess. By all means it should be cheaper.

Edit: I would hardly see it as unviable if someone was ready to spit out the cash for doing actual investment there. Sounds potentially juicy IF you go all in for it

Old Post Jan 10th, 2019 01:09 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
It's a good thing I'm not running for POTUS and not actually boasting about being a real sexual predator.
I love boasting about being sexual prey, no idea why but women have actually grabbed me by the crotch and rested hands on my crotch etc. These are women I have never met before and I certainly don't want equality. I see this as their appreciation of my package and sexual objectification of me. I'm fine with both. As for Alexandria, would love to smash her back doors, front doors and porch. She is hot as.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2019 01:21 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Originally posted by Bentley
Easier to implement? I don't really see it.

Safety? As far as no producing more Fukushima's yes, but waste disposal can lead to big potential ecologic breakdowns easily and we know how much energy providers love to spend big money in waste disposal.

Cheaper? Yes when it comes to gathering elements but current business models haven't worked as predicted so it's anybody's guess. By all means it should be cheaper.

Edit: I would hardly see it as unviable if someone was ready to spit out the cash for doing actual investment there. Sounds potentially juicy IF you go all in for it

LFTR can actually use current nuclear waste as fuel and render it much less radioactive and dangerous. It's waste after 300 years in 0.01% as dangerous as waste from traditional reactors after the same time period.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2019 01:41 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
I’d be absolutely overjoyed if we had a working fusion reactor prototype that actually produced substantial net energy within 5 years. But even that sounds optimistic at this point.

Talked a few times with Dr. Montgomery from the Los Alamos National Laboratory. He said the biggest limiting factor is not how hard it is to "make a breakthrough" and have magical energy producing nuclear fusion. It's just a money issue.

That's really it. When you have a backlog of 1000s of tests to do but each test is very expensive, and each test helps you march forward towards a viable solution, it's going to take a while without the personnel, facilities, and money.

This is literally a problem you can throw money at and it will be resolved. Throw $100 billion annually at this and you'll see a viable, "to-market" solution in 10 years or less. But no one country is willing to thrown down that much money to make it happen.

I say end all of our foreign wars, close down all foreign bases, use $100 billion of that for energy research, and use $100 billion of that for NASA. Balance the budget with the remaining $100 billion saved.

I'm all for fusion energy. If someone in France hears me saying this allow they'll butcher me though thumb up

I believe I've posted on KMC about this before. Thorium reactors are a legit solution that just throwing money at it would also bring a viable product to market, too. Nevermind, this is the only thing I said about Thorium:

Probably the stupidest name that could have been thought of by a 5 year old is Thorium. Named after Thor cause some scientist dude thought Thor was awesome.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2019 10:00 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 10th, 2019 10:25 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Yep, the Thorium reactors seem to also be decent enough. People just need to step into them with both feed and make legitimate investment into that technology.

Maybe I'll start to talk about them in France and that will get me less flak.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2019 06:00 AM
dadudemon

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
(please log in to view the image)

Says the guy with probably a genius IQ, got a near perfect score on the SAT, and who holds multiple degrees.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2019 04:52 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yep, the Thorium reactors seem to also be decent enough. People just need to step into them with both feed and make legitimate investment into that technology.

Maybe I'll start to talk about them in France and that will get me less flak.
I'm never going to believe fission is safe.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2019 04:54 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Putinbot1

If they invested in reducing the size of reactors (which needs research and costs money, which is why they don't do it) it would be orders of magnitude safer and be better at producing energy.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2019 05:04 PM
dadudemon

Originally posted by Putinbot1

It isn't.

Everything we do comes with a degree of safety and an abstraction of understanding.

Probably walking is safer than biking which is safer than electric moped which safer than a car which is safer than a petro-motorcycle which is safer than nuclear power which is safer than coal power.

But we don't understand the impacts of some of the things we do many years down the road.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2019 05:06 PM