KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » The Great Wall Shutdown

The Great Wall Shutdown
Started by: BrolyBlack

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bentley
Seitei

Fencing probably works to persuade people from crossing the borde for low time investment like burying in a corpse in the US.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jan 7th, 2019 03:04 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Somebody needs to start working on force field technology. It'll be effective, plus it'll be hilarious if the force field is invisible to the naked eye and we get to watch people continually bump into it. Tee hee.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2019 03:11 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Ngl, I'd pay 5 billion for a force field.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Jan 7th, 2019 06:41 PM
MythLord is currently offline Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: The Great Wall Shutdown

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Anyone that participates in this thread, please be composed, objective and nonpartisan.

Since we are shut down over this wall, the Dems don't want to give Trump any border wall funding because they don't want to cave.

Trump wants the wall because it was a campaign promise.

Regardless of what side your own, let's discuss the actual wall.

Why are you for or against it, present your argument in a rational fashion.

Please leave out nonstarters as it "costs too much, or it's immoral." The US has spent far more on dumb things with less impact than $5 billion on a wall. And the US has done for more immoral things like running guns to Mexican drug cartels.

1) Trump's promise was that Mexico would pay for it and he'd get them to pay for it because he's the world's greatest negotiator (his words).

2) Now that 1) failed because Trump was lying, I see no reason to spends billions on something that won't really work, unless every square inch of the wall is guarded. People will go under it, through it and/or over it

3) The not upfront fees in the wall would be another HUGE financial burden year after year, as a wall needs to be guarded (see 2) and it would need to be repaired

We're better off taking that 5billion Trump is begging for because he failed on his promise to make Mexico fund the wall and using it to hire more border security, train them better, equip them with better technology (eg surveillance drones). Also, improving countries South of the border so less people want/need to come over. People won't flee a war zone if there's no war.

edit: Why aren't Trumpers holding Trump to his promise/boast here on getting Mexico to fund his project?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Jan 7th, 2019 at 07:13 PM

Old Post Jan 7th, 2019 07:07 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Bentley

Very Robtard of you to bring politic divisions into the subject though.

Well, you're French.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2019 07:14 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Re: Re: The Great Wall Shutdown

Originally posted by Robtard
edit: Why aren't Trumpers holding Trump to his promise/boast here on getting Mexico to fund his project?

Like many Dems, Liberals, and libertarians did with Obama when he started breaking all of his promises.

Trumpers have until election year, 2020, to get buttmad over all the broken promises.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2019 08:11 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: Re: Re: The Great Wall Shutdown

Originally posted by dadudemon
Like many Dems, Liberals, and libertarians did with Obama when he started breaking all of his promises.

Trumpers have until election year, 2020, to get buttmad over all the broken promises.

They're not "buttmad" though, they're blaming Democrats for not bowing down to Trump and funding his wall.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2019 08:12 PM
dadudemon

Re: Re: Re: Re: The Great Wall Shutdown

They're not "buttmad" though, they're blaming Democrats for not bowing down to Trump and funding his wall.

As long as Trump is vocal and shows he made a genuine effort, he will have bested Obama on some of his major broken promises.

I've said something similar, before. I am consistent with this belief.

I don't care about broken promises as much as I do about effort. A president or a congressman only has so much power.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2019 08:39 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

While I don't really have a problem with "they tried their best." sentiment on a case by case basis. Mexico was never going to pay for the wall, this was known.

Last edited by Robtard on Jan 7th, 2019 at 08:49 PM

Old Post Jan 7th, 2019 08:44 PM
dadudemon

While I don't really have a problem with "they tried their best." sentiment on a case by case basis. Mexico was never going to pay for the wall, this was known.

And he will fail in this area of the promise. At best, he can accomplish a "mostly met" on the Trump-o-meter.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2019 08:48 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

I'd say "zero met", because a promise that could never be fulfilled to begin with isn't a promise, it's a lie. It's like telling your 6yo that you're getting her a Unicorn-Pegasus pony for her 7th birthday. And yes, if you believed Trump's "I will make Mexico pay!" claims, you might as well be a 6yo.

Even if Mexico wanted to pay for the wall (they said "no" from the start), they're not in a real position to give the US 20+ billion.

Last edited by Robtard on Jan 7th, 2019 at 08:53 PM

Old Post Jan 7th, 2019 08:51 PM
Flyattractor

They can Pay for it by Us not sending them any more money. They would be sure to PAY FOR It that way.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2019 08:53 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Great Wall Shutdown

Originally posted by dadudemon
As long as Trump is vocal and shows he made a genuine effort, he will have bested Obama on some of his major broken promises.

I've said something similar, before. I am consistent with this belief.

I don't care about broken promises as much as I do about effort. A president or a congressman only has so much power.

So Trump deserves a participation trophy now?

Old Post Jan 7th, 2019 08:54 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Originally posted by Surtur
If walls don't work, why did we bother putting up fencing?

Cos people are dumb and would rather have a tangible visual symbol that doesn't work than something intangible yet effective.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2019 09:45 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I'd say "zero met", because a promise that could never be fulfilled to begin with isn't a promise, it's a lie.

That's wrong. Your Pegasus Unicorn comparison is faulty. It is a promise that could be delivered. He didn't promise to come up with warp-drive. He promised to build a US-Mexico border-wall. Some of it already exists.

This is achievable. This is doable.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2019 11:42 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

My point which I clearly focused on was the 'Mexico paying for it' aspect. That was never going to happen; it was a lie out of his lying mouth.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2019 11:44 PM
dadudemon

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Great Wall Shutdown

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
So Trump deserves a participation trophy now?

Trump?

As long as the politician makes a reasonable effort, they tried. It's stupid to expect a politician to deliver things if they are opposed every step of the way. But you should hold them accountable for efforts. That's your job as the voter.

Do you think Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez will get free-college tuition implemented? What about Medicare-For-All? No? But these are her primary platform points - her fundamental promises. Are you going to equally condemn her for not delivering those within her term or are you going to be reasonable and require her to make every reasonable effort to reach those goals?

I sure wouldn't condemn her for not delivering those things. That would be stupid and idiotic. smile Wait a minute...are you stupid and idiotic? Surely not. Surely you aren't that dense...right? Surely you understand how retarded it is to use "participation trophy" as a talking point. Else you condemn every single Democrat in office.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2019 11:49 PM
dadudemon

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Cos people are dumb and would rather have a tangible visual symbol that doesn't work than something intangible yet effective.

Which makes me buttmad. It's so absurdly stupid to waste that much money on a wall.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2019 11:51 PM
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Originally posted by Surtur
I'm in favor of a wall if we could build an effective one that won't cost an astronomical amount of money.
That is why we got rid of Obamacare. wink

Old Post Jan 8th, 2019 12:07 AM
victreebelvictr is currently offline Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by victreebelvictr
That is why we got rid of Obamacare. wink
Spoken like a right wing adult in his 40s

Old Post Jan 8th, 2019 12:10 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote