KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Good Kids Movies

Good Kids Movies
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Impediment
Endless

Being a dad, I've seen most of these films.

The first Ice Age is amazing and I love it. The rest were god awful.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jan 10th, 2019 10:37 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
Being a dad, I've seen most of these films.

The first Ice Age is amazing and I love it. The rest were god awful.

I've only seen Dawn of the Dinosaurs so far and I actually enjoyed it. It's imaginative and fun. My son even laughed out loud at a couple parts which was awesome. laughing out loud

I look forward to seeing the others. The 5th one looks awful, though, Collision Course. Jesus it looks bad, and it has the worst reviews, too.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2019 01:02 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I just ordered The Lorax pretty cheap. It looks fun...

Also, does anyone know if Epic (2013) is any good?

Old Post Jan 14th, 2019 03:23 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

The Dark Crystal is something every kid should enjoy, while he's young enough to not laugh at the schlockyness.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2019 03:32 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by cdtm
The Dark Crystal is something every kid should enjoy, while he's young enough to not laugh at the schlockyness.

I've actually never seen that all the way through before, either. Shame on me.

I've also never seen The Neverending Story...

Old Post Jan 14th, 2019 04:31 PM
Flyattractor

The Dark Crystal kind of runs the line between good Kids Movie and Nightmare Fuel.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2019 08:02 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

The Secret of NIMH. Make your kids great again.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2019 02:07 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Have you watched any of the Studio Ghibli collection?

Spirited Away.
My Neighbour Totoro
Princess Mononoke
Howl's Moving Caslte

No offence to the movies you've collected so far...it's just they all seem to follow the same feel-good formula after a while...

Old Post Jan 15th, 2019 12:14 PM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Esau Cairn

Spirited Away.
My Neighbour Totoro
Princess Mononoke
Howl's Moving Caslte

No offence to the movies you've collected so far...it's just they all seem to follow the same feel-good formula after a while...

I've not seen those, no. But my son is only 19 months old. So they'll probably need to be pretty quickly paced and brightly colored right now to keep his interest.

But I'll look into those. Thanks.

I just re-watched The Land Before Time. Hadn't seen it since I was a kid. (I'm actually surprised I was allowed to watch it even then, because of its anti-Fundy Judeo-Christian premise). But anyway, I do remember it vaguely. Watching it now it holds up some, but the animation and facial expressions are nothing like what they do now with computer animation. But I did enjoy the old-school animation. The story is also pretty thin, but it still worked for the film.

Last edited by Patient_Leech on Jan 15th, 2019 at 03:05 PM

Old Post Jan 15th, 2019 03:01 PM
cdtm

Originally posted by Flyattractor
The Dark Crystal kind of runs the line between good Kids Movie and Nightmare Fuel.

I saw Nightmare on Elm Street as a kid. Seen this one movie where Santa massacres a kids family, who goes to a strict catholic orphanage, and becomes an axe wielding santa saying "Naughty! Naughty! You've been naughty!" Final scene is Mother Superior sitting in the dark, a young nun approaching her, and her head falls off

Compared to that, Dark Crystal is just a bit of a rollar coaster thrill ride.. And i mean, depending on the kid and the age, a little nightmare fuel could be fun, in small doses. That's when you really appreciate the stuff.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2019 03:15 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

That explains a lot about you, cdtm. Haha..

I saw Aliens as a kid, and that explains a lot about my fascination with horror and sci-fi now. All I remember from the time is the dream sequence of the chest burster trying to come out of Ripley's stomach.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2019 03:28 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Coco
Into the Spiderverse
The Iron Giant
My Neighbor Totoro

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jan 15th, 2019 04:38 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Spirited Away.
My Neighbour Totoro
Princess Mononoke
Howl's Moving Caslte

Ditto to this. Anything with Mayazaki is great. Don't know if it would hold a little one's attention tho.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2019 05:40 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Thanks! I've heard of most of those, haven't seen many of them, though. I think I tried to watch Incredibles 1 and wasn't really into it, probably fell asleep before the end. My wife and i tried to watch that Beauty and the Bestiality (lol) musical and even my wife didn't like it. We turned if off after about 10 to 15 minutes.. haha. The musical nature of it was just very artificial and annoying to both of us. It was never one that I grew up on anyway.

I really like Despicable Me 1, Tangled, and I popped in some of Monsters vs Aliens the other day and it seemed amusing, so they shouldn't be torture to watch with my son when he's older. thumb up

Cool man. Ya, if you didn't like Incredibles 1, Incredibles 2 is pretty identical plot-wise, so it may not be up your alley. Also, 2 has a couple of curse words in it; just a disclaimer.

Beauty in the Beast 2017 is not near as good as Disney's OG 1991 animated feature film, and yes it is hollow and soulless as they come, but I've grown to enjoy more as my daughter (and son by default haha) watched it around 200-300 times on Netflix. Really didn't like it the first time I saw it.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2019 05:43 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by cdtm
I saw Nightmare on Elm Street as a kid. Seen this one movie where Santa massacres a kids family, who goes to a strict catholic orphanage, and becomes an axe wielding santa saying "Naughty! Naughty! You've been naughty!" Final scene is Mother Superior sitting in the dark, a young nun approaching her, and her head falls off

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
That explains a lot about you, cdtm. Haha..

So true. SO TRUE!

Old Post Jan 15th, 2019 06:30 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HumbleServant

Movies for Good Kids.
Or
Good movies for Kids.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2019 08:34 PM
HumbleServant is currently offline Click here to Send HumbleServant a Private Message Find more posts by HumbleServant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by John Murdoch
Ditto to this. Anything with Mayazaki is great. Don't know if it would hold a little one's attention tho.

Yeah not talking about showing these to an infant.

Some of my fondest memories were introducing these films to my daughter when she was about 7 yrs old.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2019 08:56 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Good to see Princess Mononoke not included as Its the more violent one out of the Mayazaki films.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2019 09:20 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Yeah not talking about showing these to an infant.

Some of my fondest memories were introducing these films to my daughter when she was about 7 yrs old.

Gotcha. thumb up thumb up

My third grade class in elementary school watched My Neighbor Totoro, so that age range is good to go. What a classic.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2019 03:11 PM
heathjack

my pick
computer cartoons
rise of the guardians
free birds
monsters vs aliens
monster house
peabody & sherman
ALPha & omega
the shrek trilogy
Rio 1 & rio 2
epic & ferngully

family movies
for chrsitmas movies i recommend home alone & the tim aLLEN'S THE Santa clause trilogy
the never ending story might be little bit scary but he might liked it when there older!!
i also roecmmend dairy of an wimpy kid!!i know there pretty popular kids
serise!!
you might want to check out the spy kids movie series!! i never liked them but i did liked the last one good bit!!
space jam staring micheal jordan it was an basked ball movie that start micheal jordan & the loony toons!!
i also roecmmend some of robin williams movies liked hook RV Mrs doubt fire & old dogs! all are good clean family movies
the Jumia movies the original jumia movie staring robin williams & the newer one staring the rock!!
if you can find them earnest movies!! there really clean & funny!! mostly rated PG for slap stick comedy !! most of them are dvd but earnest goes to camp ernest goes to jail & earnest scared stupid are on blu ray!! might be little too young for earnest scared stupid its an halloween movie!!
percy Jackson's might be little too young but might liked it when hes an lot older he probably liked them!!
the night at the museum trilogy
Alvin & the chipmunks trilogy
are we there yet? 1 &2
nanny mcphee 1 & 2
cheaper by the dozen 1 & 2
parental guidance

Old Post Jan 17th, 2019 04:57 PM
heathjack is currently offline Click here to Send heathjack a Private Message Find more posts by heathjack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote