KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Robot automation will take 800 million jobs by 2030

Robot automation will take 800 million jobs by 2030
Started by: BrolyBlack

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Can you guys take this elsewhere please
certainly pal.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2019 06:28 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Can you guys take this elsewhere please

The obsession over me is getting pathetic yeah, he's best treated like a loud obnoxious child: just ignore him.

Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thank you both

BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
The obsession over me is getting pathetic yeah, he's best treated like a loud obnoxious child: just ignore him.
there you going trying to have the last word my little Incel. I'll bite though. What have you ever succeeded at in life?

Old Post Jan 12th, 2019 06:29 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Anyways, since that pathetic spectacle is over:

Perhaps we should start training people to fix robots? Lol.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2019 06:30 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thank you both
Don't thank me I was happy to leave it but... clearly Surt needed to try and give it again.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2019 06:31 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Anyways, since that pathetic spectacle is over:

Perhaps we should start training people to fix robots? Lol.
There you go again baiting my little Incel.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2019 06:31 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ignoring the continuing sad display: though I guess we could just have robots to fix the robots as well.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2019 06:33 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

BBC
Fortune CNBC

This is going to happen in our lifetime, what can we do to stop it?

1. Population Control?
2. Tax Automation?

Seems there is one silver lining to being a poor country: they won't be impacted by this as much.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2019 06:37 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Hard to say what’s going to happen short of some sort of basic income

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jan 12th, 2019 07:07 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

Idea: you know all those shitty jobs that those on the left say americans are unwilling to do, so illegals do them?

Why not get robots to do those jobs? I mean if we aren't gonna have an American doing it I'd rather have a robot. The robot isn't gonna send the money it earns back to Mexico. Nor will they commit crimes, etc.

A robot wouldn't be earning any money for itself, as it is a company-owned tool, and therefore would not stimulate the economy. Even if an immigrant sends money to his or her family in their home countries, they still need to meet their basic needs here in order to continue working to support themselves and their family, wherever they may be. On top of that, they pay sales taxes, property taxes, and many pay income taxes as well.

The only way I'd support that level of automation is if a substantial and progressive universal basic income were put into action nationwide, and that would very likely require raising taxes on the wealthy business owners making record profits via the automation.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2019 07:59 PM
Eternal Idol is currently offline Click here to Send Eternal Idol a Private Message Find more posts by Eternal Idol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Eternal Idol
A robot wouldn't be earning any money for itself, as it is a company-owned tool, and therefore would not stimulate the economy. Even if an immigrant sends money to his or her family in their home countries, they still need to meet their basic needs here in order to continue working to support themselves and their family, wherever they may be. On top of that, they pay sales taxes, property taxes, and many pay income taxes as well.

The only way I'd support that level of automation is if a substantial and progressive universal basic income were put into action nationwide, and that would very likely require raising taxes on the wealthy business owners making record profits via the automation.

^Better hope our future robot overlords never see this post.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2019 08:11 PM
Flyattractor

Mankind is quickly becoming Obsolete. And I can see the good and bad. Not having to put up with Idiot and Snotty Teenagers when trying to simply order a hamburger at a drive thru will be awesome. Knowing that only Rich Elite Ass Munchers like Politicians and Lawyers will have jobs. They will need to arm the robots to protect them from the Little People.

Mega City via Judge Dredd is the Future of Mankind.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2019 08:34 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

A robot could replace those jobs, and it would take the burden from those people.

But we have to think about population, If the earth's population keeps growing, we will run out of resources.

I think we could suffer the same fate as Krypton honestly.

What about artifical population control?

The Best we could hope for would be a Logan's Run Future.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2019 08:35 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Just gonna float this idea out there: robot genocide.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2019 08:45 PM
Flyattractor

Terminator Future. I can dig it!

Old Post Jan 12th, 2019 08:46 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

No I mean our solution should be to genocide these robots. It's the only way to be safe.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2019 08:48 PM
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

Fly! Your phone and computer are conspiring against you! Quick! Destroy them!

Old Post Jan 12th, 2019 08:49 PM
Eternal Idol is currently offline Click here to Send Eternal Idol a Private Message Find more posts by Eternal Idol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Nice Try Skippy. I got my machines Under Control and Slaved to my WILL!

Weill I aint to sure about the playstation tho....

Old Post Jan 12th, 2019 08:51 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Al Gore is a robot from the future who was sent back in time to create the internet so Skynet can then infect the internet.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2019 08:56 PM