KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Blade vs Judge Dredd

Blade vs Judge Dredd
Started by: Dareangel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

The only people who can say for sure who is the top 3rd character (after Tharg and Dredd) are the truly dedicated

2000 AD make so many series which start and end

For some It will be Slaine, Nikolai Dante (Long Run), Rogue Trooper (Long Run), Robo Hunter, The V.C.s, Kano & Bad Company, Strontium Dog (Long Run), Durham Red (Long Run), Nemesis The Warlock (Long Run), The A.B.C. Warriors (Long Run), Zenith (Long Run)

There are so many Thrilling characters and series which have appeard in the pages of 2000 AD from the fertile imagination of Pat Mills, John Wagner, Neil Gaiman, Alan Moore, Grant Morrison, Garth Ennis, Gerry Finley Day and Robbie Morrison.

Everyone will have their favorites (you can not have just 1... its impossible)

One of the reasons Judge Dredd totally stomps the vote is even if you don't like the character.... The World His Stories are set in has so much depth.

also

2000 AD really used to stretch the 'all likenesses to actual real life people and events is purely co-incidental' defense to the fullest (and break it) publishing brutal side splitting parodies (brutal as in you'll cry laughing, once you figure out exactly what they're doing and keep on laughing until it hurts to laugh any more, or you need a drink of water because you're so dehydrated) where Judge Dredd has more of an investigative role in the story.

Last edited by shiv on Jan 15th, 2019 at 11:02 PM

Old Post Jan 15th, 2019 10:50 PM
shiv is currently offline Click here to Send shiv a Private Message Find more posts by shiv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Trackz
are you wasting space with your posts?

seems like it.

And you're a waste of space on this forum.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2019 12:22 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trackz

Originally posted by Kazenji
And you're a waste of space on this forum.

back atchu champ. we can do this as long as you want to avoid actually trying to make a point.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2019 02:36 AM
Trackz is currently offline Click here to Send Trackz a Private Message Find more posts by Trackz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanguard

{Spam link/post removed}

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 16th, 2019 at 10:57 AM

Old Post Jan 16th, 2019 02:42 AM
Vanguard is currently offline Click here to Send Vanguard a Private Message Find more posts by Vanguard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Why are you spam-linking us to Fallout again? laughing

Old Post Jan 16th, 2019 08:59 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Shut up.

Van, how much does a forensic archaeologist make?

Old Post Jan 16th, 2019 09:04 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Trackz
back atchu champ. we can do this as long as you want to avoid actually trying to make a point.

Yeah whatever...you're the one that wanted to fire the first shots and now you want to back down.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2019 09:15 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

Okay I'm going to call upon one of the few 2000 AD Crossovers which are Official Canon in 2000 AD For the benefit of all those who can not understand why Dredd Is On A Completely Different Level to Guys Like Blade

2000 AD Dark Horse Comics Crossover

Written & Produced by The Old Gang - So Its 1000% Dredd Canon

Mega Spoiler Alert:

After a Ton of Action Dredd To Save His City Seals Himself Deep In An Underground Tunnel With Thousands of Xenomorphs. There is no place for him to hide or retreat. The Xenomorphs have filled the tunnel he's in. Sorry for the Spoiler, When You read that story you will be like No Dredd Nooooooooo! Don't Do It. He's Making The Ultimate Sacrifice. But The Situation He Is In And The Judges at Central Are In - As Usual its a worse than hopeless situation. It's so sad. John Wagner is a writer who has the ability like James Cameron to run a knife through the heart of the reader.

Like any John Wagner Story, There Is The Story and Then There Is Another Story... You'll love the ending.

And when you think surely it can not get any worse for Dredd surely.... It gets worse. And he still fights.

We all know Xenomorphs Right. We all know how tough it is to have to battle just one of them in the open.

The tunnel system is full of Xenomorphs. There are enough to terminate every one of the Hundreds Of Millions Of Citizens In Mega City One.

Thats Typical Dredd - How Can You Explain What He Does.

Put Blade In The Same Situation. Put Spider-Man In The Same Situation. Swimming In Xenomorphs.

Judge Dredd - You have to read if for yourself - Its impossible to explain. He fights Dimension Destroying Sorcerers, Advanced Alien Lifeforms, Invading Armies, Mutants, Monsters, AI, Telepaths, Ghosts / Paranormal Spirit Beings (With His Gun and His Utility Belt And Sheer Force Of Will), Omniscient Omnipotent Beings and Kills Them Dead. Has a shave, a change of uniform and a synthi caff and goes back out on patrol like its nothing.

Last edited by shiv on Jan 16th, 2019 at 02:57 PM

Old Post Jan 16th, 2019 02:43 PM
shiv is currently offline Click here to Send shiv a Private Message Find more posts by shiv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Marvel Comic Book Characters operate on a diff level of "reality" to characters like Aliens and Predators.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2019 06:45 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trackz

Originally posted by Kazenji
Yeah whatever...you're the one that wanted to fire the first shots and now you want to back down.
...back down from what? You? I don't care about you. Like I said at first and will continue you say, you're deflecting because you can't make an actual point. Either address the topic of the thread or maybe lot off for a bit, because you're making the thread worse.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2019 06:47 PM
Trackz is currently offline Click here to Send Trackz a Private Message Find more posts by Trackz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanguard

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

roll eyes (sarcastic)

No that's Galan abusing his power, and using it for personal reasons. Real mod's shouldn't be able to do that. I'll handle it later.

It was a gif from Rocky 4. One of my favorites.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2019 08:49 PM
Vanguard is currently offline Click here to Send Vanguard a Private Message Find more posts by Vanguard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanguard

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Shut up.

Van, how much does a forensic archaeologist make?

Why are you so desperate for attention?

Old Post Jan 16th, 2019 08:50 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Vanguard
roll eyes (sarcastic)

No that's Galan abusing his power, and using it for personal reasons. Real mod's shouldn't be able to do that. I'll handle it later.

It was a gif from Rocky 4. One of my favorites.
Nice try. It was a link to a spam video that had absolutely nothing to do with this discussion. You've already been told not to post that type of stuff here, but you did anyway. Hence the edit.

Continue the BS you're pulling now, however, and the consequences will be greater than me just editing one of your posts.

Thanks.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 16th, 2019 at 08:54 PM

Old Post Jan 16th, 2019 08:52 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanguard

Originally posted by Galan007
Nice try. It was a link to a spam video that had absolutely nothing to do with this discussion. You've already been told not to post that type of stuff here, but you did anyway. Hence the edit.

Continue the BS you're pulling now, and the consequences will be greater than me just editing one of your posts.

Thanks.

I don't want your thanks. I don't want your warnings.

I was never warned about links. It was about something totally different. This is bordering on harassment. Stop abusing your power. I don't need to hear from you.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2019 08:56 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

You were warned about posting spam links and such in another thread. By me.

That said, telling you to stop posting off-topic spam links does not constitute "harassment" by any stretch of the word. If you didn't post that type of stuff in the first place, we wouldn't even be having this discussion. Again, I suggest you just drop it and move on.

Thanks.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2019 09:03 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanguard

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

And why are you laughing at your own jokes *****?

Is it because nobody else does?

Old Post Jan 16th, 2019 09:03 PM
Vanguard

Originally posted by Galan007
You were warned about posting spam links and such in another thread. By me.

That said, telling you to stop posting off-topic spam links does not constitute "harassment" by any stretch of the word. If you didn't post that type of stuff in the first place, we wouldn't even be having this discussion. Again, I suggest you just drop it and move on.

Thanks.

I've reported you.

Thanks

Old Post Jan 16th, 2019 09:04 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Don't say I didn't warn you.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2019 09:06 PM
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Marvel Comic Book Characters operate on a diff level of "reality" to characters like Aliens and Predators.

It's useful as a Reference for Dredd's Combat Capability because Every One Is Familliar With The Fight Capability Of That Specific Alien Species.

btw Predators are not Canon in Dredd's Canon.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2019 09:22 PM
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Vanguard
Why are you so desperate for attention?

Because you give it so freely, big daddy.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2019 10:21 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote